PDA

View Full Version : Hello UBIsoft, I'm new here!

ThornNRazor
03-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but I'm an old timer when it comes to sub sims. I just wanted to take this time to say, "Thanks to UBIsoft" for making another terrific sim! Sure, there needs to be some patching to it, but I don't know why so many folks here had to show off their ugly side on day 2 of release? Most games come with some form of a bug, or something doesn't work as it was intended - nothing new, so why be so ugly to UBI? I think we should be more supportive of these companies that AT LEAST give us what we want as far as games go. I can't hardly say that about most game companies, since they stick to the same old boring ****, like sports, or linear FPS.

Sub Sims are not the "hot choice" for most gamers, so UBI took it upon themselves to give us another great title with lots of potential. Hats off to UBI, WELL DONE!

Take Care,

ThornNRazor

Kaleun1961
03-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Gee, wouldn't they like us all to be so rabid about their games. Then they'd never have to patch them because we would all be just so happy with them as they are.

How can you excuse the same bugs from a previous game still being perpetuated, such as ships still sinking themselves in harbour? They don't give us what WE want but what they want to offer us. We ask for wolf packs, they give us Lancasters in the Pacific. It's not that they give us what we want, but that they are the only game in town right now as far as sub sims go. Lack of competition makes us have to settle for what is offered. Too bad, though. Wonder how many copies they'd sell if they really worked on getting out a first class product?

tuddley3
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
The door is always open here, take your coat off and stay a while.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/tuddley3/Welcome%20To%20UBI/WelcomeAboardSign.jpg

ThornNRazor
03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi Kaleun,

I did say that I believe that the game has potential to being great and that there is some patching to do, but really, there's no reason to be ugly to UBI!

They are like the BEST gaming company out there. EA is best for sports games, but UBI does simulators like no one else! They are number 1 with FPS, simulators, 3rd person shooters.

From what I have seen so far in the game (yes there are quite a few bugs), but all of which can be fixed via patch/update.

The bugs IMHO are NOT show stoppers. For realism buffs they may be as of right now, but they will be fixed. Have some faith!

Take Care,

ThornNRazor

Kaleun1961
03-21-2007, 05:37 PM
I hear you. I'm just feeling a bit crestfallen after seeing all of these negative reports and yucky screenshots even before I got my copy of the game. To hear so many negative reports right from the get go is a bad sign. I can't help but feel that game companies would generate more goodwill and long term sales if they held off a rushed release and took a bit more time to get it right the first time. And the best way for that is to get some good beta testing. There'd be no shortage of volunteers for that. After all of the time since the release of SH3 and the work done by modders, it just seems so shabby that we are still hearing of ships hitting docks.

P.S. As Tuddley says, welcome aboard. Sometimes I need a friend like him to pull me back in from one of my occasional tangents.

ThornNRazor
03-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi Kaleun,

No problem, and thanks for the welcome!

I think you will enjoy the sim once you get it, though the bugs will annoy you after a little while. The graphics and the undersea scenes are unbelievable! Hopefully they can get it patched up soon though so that the modding community can begin adding more "realism" to the sim than what the stock game has to offer! Right now, there is TONS of potential for this sim. I know the modders out there are drooling over the potential the stock game has to offer.

Take Care,

Thorn&Razor

Kaleun1961
03-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm wondering who will be the first to deliver: Ubisoft with a patch or a modder with the first SH4 mod?