PDA

View Full Version : De-lurking....and those B24 interior shots

Saunders1953
12-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Some stats for those who keep track: I'm 51, an avid military history nut since early childhood, thanks to my father, his buddies, and all my friends' fathers who were WWII vets in my small hometown always ending up in any social gathering discussing their experiences. I'm somewhat of a Newbie, at least to this forum. I've been wargaming with miniatures for about 30 years (wonder how many in this forum do that too), and briefly got into Lucasfilm's SWOTL about 10 years ago, but my home Bozoputer--er, PC--pretty much sucked, and after buying computers for kids in college, I only got a decent PC two years ago. I flew IL2 for quite a while then, but never explored the FMB, skinning, movie making, or these forums. When I got a major upgrade this Septmeber, I bought FB and AEP, then got PF and merged install, and Viola!--Heaven on Earth, AFAIC. (A pox upon the naysayers!)

Anyhoo--I have immersed myself in the FMB, skinning, etc., and will be asking alot of questions on these PF forums now that I finally have a little time off from work to relax.

So, first question(s):

It looks like a couple of other guys tried to do what I tried last week, and respond to ROTC4612's interior screenshots of the B24 post. But all that happens is the original post appears, with no reply, so it looks like just an original post from whoever tried to respond to the first one. Anyone know why you can't respond?

More importantly, where did those shots come from? I've played around with the views commands, but nothing. Do I have to mess with the config file? Is it a hoax? Thanks.

Saunders1953
12-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Some stats for those who keep track: I'm 51, an avid military history nut since early childhood, thanks to my father, his buddies, and all my friends' fathers who were WWII vets in my small hometown always ending up in any social gathering discussing their experiences. I'm somewhat of a Newbie, at least to this forum. I've been wargaming with miniatures for about 30 years (wonder how many in this forum do that too), and briefly got into Lucasfilm's SWOTL about 10 years ago, but my home Bozoputer--er, PC--pretty much sucked, and after buying computers for kids in college, I only got a decent PC two years ago. I flew IL2 for quite a while then, but never explored the FMB, skinning, movie making, or these forums. When I got a major upgrade this Septmeber, I bought FB and AEP, then got PF and merged install, and Viola!--Heaven on Earth, AFAIC. (A pox upon the naysayers!)

Anyhoo--I have immersed myself in the FMB, skinning, etc., and will be asking alot of questions on these PF forums now that I finally have a little time off from work to relax.

So, first question(s):

It looks like a couple of other guys tried to do what I tried last week, and respond to ROTC4612's interior screenshots of the B24 post. But all that happens is the original post appears, with no reply, so it looks like just an original post from whoever tried to respond to the first one. Anyone know why you can't respond?

More importantly, where did those shots come from? I've played around with the views commands, but nothing. Do I have to mess with the config file? Is it a hoax? Thanks.

DD_NL
12-25-2004, 09:11 AM
You can do the same thing, just mess around with external cameras.

Saunders1953
12-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks DD_NL, I've tried that, but will give it another shot.

ROTC4612
12-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Hey im sorry about that guys, I dunno why thats happaning. Just put up a post like ROTC HELP or something. I check this fourm quite a bit so ill notice something like that. Sorry for all the trouble.

Saunders1953
12-26-2004, 08:15 PM
No trouble, ROTC, just curious how you got the shots. I've been effing around with all the external shots, no luck yet.

Oilburner_TAW
12-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Get a couple of them flying in formation..put your view on one then zoom out so your view is "inside" another one. Probably easier if they are parked on the ground or something..

Saunders1953
12-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Duh...I've actually done that by mistake in the past. Thanks!