PDA

View Full Version : Yet another newbie question....

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:39 AM
I've been playing IL2 FB for about two weeks and I'm thouroghly addicted. This is the first flight sim that I've ever played, so please don't mind me asking this rather stupid question. I finally got used to Quick Missions, so I decided to actually start a pilot career. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to fly in formation....especially when given a specific vector and height. How exactly do you maneuver to get to a certain vector and height? I'm lost and a bit frustrated =(
Are there any guides out there for formation flying, etc.? Any help would be appreciated!

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:39 AM
I've been playing IL2 FB for about two weeks and I'm thouroghly addicted. This is the first flight sim that I've ever played, so please don't mind me asking this rather stupid question. I finally got used to Quick Missions, so I decided to actually start a pilot career. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to fly in formation....especially when given a specific vector and height. How exactly do you maneuver to get to a certain vector and height? I'm lost and a bit frustrated =(
Are there any guides out there for formation flying, etc.? Any help would be appreciated!

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Don't worry to much what he's yelling out. Just work on staying with your group.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 03:01 AM
Yep! just watch your squadmate's and stay with'em they seem to know where the heck their goin'...Pick out one a/c and practice staying on his wing...not that easy but you'll get the hang of it...And remember....there's no such thing as a dunb / stupid question.

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 03:10 AM
Press 'A' for autopilot. Disable it when DF with enemy. This one of the short cut. but if you want to do it yourself, then have to practise more.

Lt.Davis

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/apvg/tigerlogo.jpg

**Speed is the KEY**

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 04:57 AM
thre are two problems with the vectors an heights in game

- the voices are all the same so sometimes its an AI flight leader not yours talkin

- the vector and height is your flight leaders current one so if he is turning it may be next to meaningless

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 05:16 AM
I'm not sure at what difficulty/realism your settings are at, but it is also Very useful to note the target location/ waypoints in the briefing, and have a good overview of the mission in general. I'll often find myself seperated after a dogfight, and while trying to continue the mission and/or get home I'll run across my flight again.

Remember that formation flying is not as important as seeing the enemy and being in a position to shoot them (it just so happens that formations are a good way of being in a position to kill the badguys).