PDA

View Full Version : a few things I could not solve

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey people,

Just installed forgotten battles .. its amazing ...

but here are a few things which I could not get answer to ..

1) when I start a single player mission, the game runs unplayably too slow .. everything works ok and fast when I play through fast mission builder ...

Gforce 2 gts 32 mb
1.5Gh Intel processor on original intel motherboard
512mb ram
Logitech Wingman StrikeForce 3D Joystick

2) I tried to get a big monster down that russian Tu bomber or something .. wasted all my ammo on hitting it .. gave almost the best shots .. took out 2 engines but still that monster wont go down =( and finally got myself killed due to that small arms fire ...

3) I play with realistic settings , and while attacking ground targets, I just cant make the crosshair steady on any ground target .. it shakes and I miss .. why is this happening? is it normal or my joystick is at fault?

4) I have out of box version 1.0 ... will putting the new patch help me to solve some of these problems ?

5) when is LO-MAC coming out ?

thanks a lot people ..

GoD SpeeD

ace

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey people,

Just installed forgotten battles .. its amazing ...

but here are a few things which I could not get answer to ..

1) when I start a single player mission, the game runs unplayably too slow .. everything works ok and fast when I play through fast mission builder ...

Gforce 2 gts 32 mb
1.5Gh Intel processor on original intel motherboard
512mb ram
Logitech Wingman StrikeForce 3D Joystick

2) I tried to get a big monster down that russian Tu bomber or something .. wasted all my ammo on hitting it .. gave almost the best shots .. took out 2 engines but still that monster wont go down =( and finally got myself killed due to that small arms fire ...

3) I play with realistic settings , and while attacking ground targets, I just cant make the crosshair steady on any ground target .. it shakes and I miss .. why is this happening? is it normal or my joystick is at fault?

4) I have out of box version 1.0 ... will putting the new patch help me to solve some of these problems ?

5) when is LO-MAC coming out ?

thanks a lot people ..

GoD SpeeD

ace

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:17 PM

If the single player mission uses the Finland map, woe is you. You can tell cos any mission using the Finland map (400km x 400km) take a long time to load. It slows down and "stutters" alot for alot of people. I know that I~153 mission is a Finland mission. Honestly I never bothered with that or QMB or the campaigns. I went straight for FMB and never messed with the others.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:28 PM
- 1) when I start a single player mission, the game
- runs unplayably too slow .. everything works ok and
- fast when I play through fast mission builder ...

used to run real slow on my computer as well. maybe turn some stuff down, or download something like il2 manager and change the amount of objects in the mission

- 2) I tried to get a big monster down that russian Tu
- bomber or something .. wasted all my ammo on hitting
- it .. gave almost the best shots .. took out 2
- engines but still that monster wont go down /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif and
- finally got myself killed due to that small arms
- fire ...

what plane were u using??? Try an Fw A, should do the job rather quickly, if u do it right that is...

- 3) I play with realistic settings , and while
- attacking ground targets, I just cant make the
- crosshair steady on any ground target .. it shakes
- and I miss .. why is this happening? is it normal
- or my joystick is at fault?

not really sure, how fast are u going, maybe ur joystick. not really sure again /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

- 4) I have out of box version 1.0 ... will putting
- the new patch help me to solve some of these
- problems ?

i would suggest u patch the game asap, some here might not agree, but if i were u, i would.

here is the link:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/il2sturmovik2/#filelist

- 5) when is LO-MAC coming out ?

LOCK ON: MODERN AIR COMBAT IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR INITIAL RELEASE SOMETIME IN THE WINTER OF 2003. Please understand that release dates are always subject to change.

hope that helps.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.cox.net/jakevas/sig3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 02:02 PM
forgotten_ace wrote:
- Hey people,
-
- Just installed forgotten battles .. its amazing ...
-
- but here are a few things which I could not get
- answer to ..
-
- 1) when I start a single player mission, the game
- runs unplayably too slow .. everything works ok and
- fast when I play through fast mission builder ...
-
- Gforce 2 gts 32 mb
- 1.5Gh Intel processor on original intel motherboard
- 512mb ram
- Logitech Wingman StrikeForce 3D Joystick
-

I've got roughly the same spec as you and I get exactly the same problem. Taking off with frame rates below 10 fps - not nice. But once in flight - not too bad.
I used to go into external view and have a good pan round while waiting for takeoff- this seemed to load textures/objects into memory, somehow, and lessen the problem. But doesn't seem so effective now. Maybe because I'm doing a Finland campaign. Some more RAM may help. 512 MB isn't really enough for the Finland map.

- 2) I tried to get a big monster down that russian Tu
- bomber or something .. wasted all my ammo on hitting
- it .. gave almost the best shots .. took out 2
- engines but still that monster wont go down =( and
- finally got myself killed due to that small arms
- fire ...

Yes, it's not easy! A few thoughts -
a) make sure you've got appropriate guns. Having 20 MM or better makes things much easier.
b) Going for the englines is the right thing. With two engines left you may find that the plane eventually ditches. Don't expect an instant kill.
c) It's easy to lose patience and hang around on the bombers tail - then you are at the mercy of his fire. Stay patient, and make multiple attacks from above the side, or the front.

Or - just ram him:-)

- 3) I play with realistic settings , and while
- attacking ground targets, I just cant make the
- crosshair steady on any ground target .. it shakes
- and I miss .. why is this happening? is it normal
- or my joystick is at fault?
-
Some planes shake more than others. Large calibre guns will shake the plane, and/or push the nose down. This is normal and realistic. Fire short bursts, correcting aim if necessary between bursts. Experiment with different planes and different guns.

For accurate aiming, you might want to experiment with your stick's sensitivity profile in the FB controls setup, and/or the stick's dead zone.

- 4) I have out of box version 1.0 ... will putting
- the new patch help me to solve some of these
- problems ?

I think the bomber gunnery is supposed to be dumbed down a bit. It's still very accurate though.

- 5) when is LO-MAC coming out ?

Not sure. I don't trust these new 'jet' engines, anyway. Mark my words, they won't catch on.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Also, The weather plays a big part in gunnery. If you are below 400m in bad weather, the plane will shake around a lot due to wind turbulence.

I would upgrade your video card to get better game play. That is a very dated card. Just stay away from the Geforce MX series cards.

PF-Coastie

<p align="center">http://www.artjunky.com/phantomfighters/images/419x100phantomfighters01.gif (http://www.artjunky.com/phantomfighters/default.asp)

Coasties Place (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/coastie0/)

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 07:42 PM
I would sugest upgrading your comp.

1.)

512mb is fine.

2.)

Geforce 2 32 mb? I would upgrade your VGA card.

3.)

1.5 for a cpu. I would upgrade the cpu too.

This game use's alot of cpu.

I had a Gforce 4600ti 128mb, with a 1.67 ghz cpu and 512mb of ram. I would get paus's so i bought another 512mb stick of ram. Every thing would load faster but the paus's where still there.

Any way i upgraded my cpu to a 3000xp barton at 2.17ghz 333 fsb. No more paus's.