PDA

View Full Version : PF Japanese Navy Campaign Glitch

ZeroAce55
03-07-2007, 01:45 AM
I've played 15 missions since starting at Pearl Harbor and this Midway mission finally has me because there's a glitch. It automatically starts me off in my Zero 30 feet from the hull of my own carrier and there's nothing I can do to avoid this from happening. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! It's taken me 5 days to get this far, and I really don't want to lose that or my 17 kills! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with my problem.

FrenziedAU
03-07-2007, 02:54 AM
I've never tried this, but see if you can open the mission in the FMB (missions/campaigns/IJN/...) and edit your start point so that you don't die on entry.

Zeus-cat
03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
FrenziedAU is correct. This will fix your problem and using the FMB is not that difficult.

My guess is that the Zero is not tied to the carrier for takeoff. If you know how to do set the plane on the carrier deck for takeoff, do that. If you don't know how to do that, find the first waypoint of your aircraft and rest it to 500m altitude and 300kph speed. You will start in the air, but it is the simplest fix.

Post back here if you have problems.

Tully__
03-07-2007, 09:46 PM
If you have the "No Instant Success" difficulty setting turned off, just hit ESC as soon as the mission launches and skip the mission entirely.

ZeroAce55
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Sorry, but this would be the first time I've edited a game. If you could tell me what to do, I would be forever grateful. As far as what FrenziedAu said, I opened up the IN folder and couldn't find a mission file anywhere. Once again, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me (a fellow flight simulator nut) out.

FrenziedAU
03-07-2007, 10:54 PM
The mission files will be inside a folder in the IN folder. For example in the path below I have a bunch of .mis and .properties files which I assume correspond to the various missions in the campaign.

e.g.
D:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\IN\dgen_1_wakedoe0\11221-0.mis

Hope this helps.

ZeroAce55
03-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I have another problem, and I figured I would post again since you guys were so helpful last time! This time when I go to start the mission, the briefing screen that usually tells what the objectives are is totally blank and when I click on fly, it says Mission Loading Failed: No MAP in Mission File. Once again I would appreciate any help as I am very close to the end of the war, Okinawa '45 and have played all the way through from Pearl Harbor.