PDA

View Full Version : Failure - Ubisoft plays favorites, ruins game

israel959
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.co...es-Around-Copernicus (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104951-AC-Brotherhoods-PS3-Exclusive-DLC-Revolves-Around-Copernicus)
AC: Brotherhood's PS3-Exclusive DLC Revolves Around Copernicus

Apparently, there is a Playstation 3 Only DLC
Ubisoft wants to play favorites?
Want to ramp up your PS3 buddies huh?

Well, you just lost one on XBOX
I spend the past 4 months ramping this game up to my friends on XBOX

No more
I hate it when companies do this

You have lost an AC:B fan
Not that you corporate mongers and mindless fanboys will miss me.

I dont care
Just wanted you to know how Easily
you ruined an otherwise Great launch.

Save your bells and whistles
All your concessions about how you balance it out with some other goodies.

Dont care
I want to play all of the game I paid for
And I dont want to sit around while some PS3 kids talk about the extra stuff they got

Im being punished or marginalized for owning an xbox

Maybe
You make better choice next time Mr.Ubi?

Prob not..

*I even spent the $10 to buy an XBOX Live avatar costume for AC:B 2 months ago, to support the game. Nice to see how my loyalty was repaid.*

davo1270
11-03-2010, 04:43 PM
you're not buying the game cuz of bonus content, I would not call u an Assassins's Creed Fan then

AnthonyA85
calm down

it'll most likely be relaesed later for the xbox 360 players, and probably get intergrated into the pc version, like the BFF and BoTV missions were for ac2

Rakudaton
Calm. Down. Take deep breaths.

I don't suppose you react with equal venom at all the xbox exclusives - not only content but loads of ENTIRE GAMES?

This is one of the rare situations when ps3 users are getting slightly more - about 30 minutes' worth of missions. Do you really care so much that you're going to throw a tantrum like a spoiled brat? If it were the other way round, would you be protesting that it was unfair?

Grow up.

AronAssassin68
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Although I think you're overreacting, I do agree. Excluding Xbox from the BETA is one thing, not giving us more content we are willing to pay for? Thats not right. I dont care that much tho..Still buying the game!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jlorence
Sucks to be you then. Boycotting an entire game over one piddly optional side story that probably doesn't even amount to a whole lot. Chances are it's a timed exclusive and will be available to Xbox owners a few months later.

israel959
@davo
your right
Im an AC1 fan, AC2 was garbage IMO

Anthony,
It says exclusive
This is the same reason I have a problem with Bungie. Their are unlocks in halo:reach that can only be done if you own halo:3 or ODST

I dont care if the only unlock is a pink umbrella
Its my game
I paid for it
Give me whats on the disc

I really hate all this play favorites and cut me out of the picture cus I dont own your other titles. Or have a specific system. To hell with marketing favoritism. This is obviously an attempt to ramp up the Failing PS3 sales, says who? says the latest trends that XBOX sales still outrun PS3 and WII. This is a plot to get more PS3 fans and PS3 sales. Not on my dollar, you can keep your game, and your Agenda

And for those of you saying im *****ing
Its not because its 'one little thing'
It shows the mindset of the company
They are willing to do it once
And then down the line, they put out a WHOLE DLC for PS3, what then? Im not waiting to find out

They can go pander to their marketing buddies w/o me. Just wanted to put that out there, that atleast one person sees through their scam.

The Zoo Boy
11-03-2010, 04:53 PM
God, just freaking calm the hell down!!! The missions feature Nicolaus Copernicus and they are probably just timed exclusives and will be avaliable later on to everyone as DLC, as will the Harlequin and Officer multiplayer characters, and Trajan Market and Aqua Gear maps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I only say this because of Ubisoft's past expierences as Assassin Creed 2's "exclusive" DLC was the three Special Edition Templar Lairs that were later released as DLC. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101024014539/assassinscreed/images/2/28/Copernicus.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101102225303/assassinscreed/images/4/4c/Copernicus_and_Ezio.jpg

ChaosxNetwork
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I own an Xbox 360 and yes it is disappointing but the same happens for us. We have Halo, 6 whole great games for just us plus we got bonus content on ACII if I remember.
Assassins Creed is one of my three favourite games but I will put up with it...

notafanboy
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
oh you make me puke you know that ? the world isn´t fair live with it .
http://i51.tinypic.com/fd7gjm.jpg

VRTX97
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I have to say some things.
It's called BONUS because its not needed to understand the FULL story.
Let me see:
You go everywhere and cry like a little boy when other consoles get BONUS content? What about when Xbox gets exclusive content? You dont get mad because PS3 didn't, dont you? You laugh at PS3 owners because they dont have acces to that, you don't care.

Let me tell you something, This is the FIRST TIME i've ever heard PS3 gets a bonus. All i hear is Xbox here, xbox there. Plus, you're not being punished, or marginalized, they are just being equal.

They wont care because they've lost one Xbox sale, PS3 games cost more than Xbox ones, so, they can easily recover from one less sale. I can't believe, it seriously, i can't.

Grow up child, grow up.

P.S. Sorry Mr Shade, if im being rude or something, but it is the truth. My apologies if I'm breaking a rule.

salted onions
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM
http://media.funlol.com/content/img/cool_story_bro.jpg

I have a xbox 360 and I'm still getting the game. I don't really know about you. And it's not about favorites. Ubisoft was paid to make these exclusives. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was such a bad thing for a buisness to be act like buisness. Catering to the fans is all fine and well, but money is the main goal. If they lose one, or two, or a dozen, or more potential buyers because of this 30 minute little side quest, so be it. No idea what Sony did to get this exclusive, but it must've been worth it to Ubisoft. So yeah, like I said.

cool story bro.

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 05:22 PM
You never know this could come to xbox later on, also what if we flipped the scripts you wouuldnt be so ****ed, what about the year Xbox had the GTAIV Dlc?

bokeef04
11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by israel959:
I really hate all this play favorites and cut me out of the picture cus I dont own your other titles. Or have a specific system. To hell with marketing favoritism. This is obviously an attempt to ramp up the Failing PS3 sales, says who? says the latest trends that XBOX sales still outrun PS3 and WII. This is a plot to get more PS3 fans and PS3 sales. Not on my dollar, you can keep your game, and your Agenda

And then down the line, they put out a WHOLE DLC for PS3, what then? Im not waiting to find out

They can go pander to their marketing buddies w/o me. Just wanted to put that out there, that atleast one person sees through their scam.

Ubisoft is a business, they got paid by Sony to make it exclusive.
Which makes more sense to you, get a couple of million dollars from a company to make some bonus stuff(completely irrelevant to the overall story), or get $50-$60 from 1 sale of the game?

you are aware companies already make whole games + DLC for only one console right?

can you provide a link for these trends that say PS3 sales are failing?

notafanboy
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by israel959:

Which makes more sense to you, get a couple of million dollars from a company to make some bonus stuff(completely irrelevant to the overall story), or get $50-$60 from 1 sale of the game?

you are aware companies already make whole games + DLC for only one console right?

can you provide a link for these trends that say PS3 sales are failing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i heard that sony was only 500.000 ps3´s sold after the 360

CRUDFACE
11-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I think that's because Sony is always on Ubisoft about bonus content for their ps3. Like when that assassin's creed game came out on psp and could be linked with ps3 to give bonus weapons like Maria's sword. They may release it later for 360, but when that exclusive mark is branded on it like that, then it may or may not be for it. I'm still getting the game of course, but Assassin Creed in general has always done that with Sony. If anything, blame Microsoft for not trying to do the same thing.

And oh, it's wierd how people are calling you a kid by throwing a tantrum or whatever by either throwing one back at you or being overly sarcastic.

Either way, I'm mad because of the fact that dlc for ACB comes out in March that has to do with the story or fits with it. Starting to think Ubisoft is abusing DLC.

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by israel959:

can you provide a link for these trends that say PS3 sales are failing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i heard that sony was only 500.000 ps3´s sold after the 360 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you show me an actual link? oh and Xbox was on the market first so of course they will have more sales, besides i dont get RROD.

newmoon21
11-03-2010, 05:35 PM
lol you so funny
Complaining about business

Viperkill101
11-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Seriously? This is ridiculous.

Exclusive DLC should not have any affect on your choice to buy a game.

Face it, you're gonna be the only loner on the swings when AC:B comes out and everybody is off playing it.

Just sayin', Ubisoft rocks. As does Assassin's Creed as a franchise. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Viperkill101:
Seriously? This is ridiculous.

Exclusive DLC should not have any affect on your choice to buy a game.

Face it, you're gonna be the only loner on the swings when AC:B comes out and everybody is off playing it.

Just sayin', Ubisoft rocks. As does Assassin's Creed as a franchise. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

he'll probaly buy it when he sees how much fun it is... the kid is just mad because he didnt get something

notafanboy
11-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
can you show me an actual link? oh and Xbox was on the market first so of course they will have more sales, besides i dont get RROD.
can´t find it anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif but i saw it on one of the threads on gamtrailers . I wasn´t that long time ago maybe a month ?

bmic31
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Anyone who says AC2 was garbage yet can't wait to play the 3rd sounds like someone who is bi-polar to me. If a 2nd in the series is horrible i can't see how the 3rd will be a vast vast improvement.

I thought the 2nd was Amazing. I have the platinum trophy in it and i'm starting a new game just to play it all through again. I literally can't get bored with this game, it was really well made.

And, I posted about this in another topic, it's not about Ubisoft having favorites. It's about a deal Sony has made with them. Playstation Plus subscribers got the Beta and regular Playstation subscribers does not, does this show favoritism among Sony? Nope, it's just how they chose to do business.

Keighvin
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
This is mostly based on Wikipedia, so grain of salt, but Xbox 360 has sold roughly 44 million since launch, while PS3 has sold about 41 million starting a year later. And according to a headline I glanced over, PS3 sales were up 9% and expected to reach a total of like 14 million by the end of this year, didn't catch how many it was up to already.

MT4K
11-03-2010, 06:01 PM
it is pretty obtuse of the op to moan about exclusives on the ps3 when the xbox seems to always get tons of exclusives all the time

but since everything i would say in a long drawn out post about it has already been said, i'll just leave this image

http://www.shiro.furtopia.org/gaia/epic-fail.jpg

TheMusingMoose
11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/commie/cool_story_bro.jpg

XxKillaSniperxX
11-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow. I'm surprised this topic hasn't been closed down yet. Anyway, I have to agree with the 2nd poster. You've decided not to get this game because of one, little, piece of dlc that in no way ties the story together? You obviously weren't much of a fan with the series to begin with and you were just waiting for the right moment to attack.

X10J
11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again. I do not like exclusives on either side.

Now, the great thing about Ubi is that their exclusives usualy aren't forever, which is one of the main reasons I like them so much.

Crucify Lucifer
11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Can't say I even knew about this DLC until just now or that I'll even care if it gets released for the 360. Although I will agree that people are completely senseless when they believe that console exclusive content is some divine mandate of heaven that only they should be able to experience. Pretending they have more rights to dlcs because their mommy and daddy bought them a black box instead of a white one is absolute idiocy beyond extent.

tyrce111
11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm just going to say 1 thing...

YOU (OP) HAVE HALO!
YOU HAVE 6 REALY GOOD GAMES! JUST 4YOU!
NOT PS3!!!
JUST XBOX!

I Like Halo...
BUT I CANT HAVE IT BECAUSE I DONT HAVE AN XBOX?

There are two sides to every story...
Try and see the situation from our point of view.

We finaly get something that you dont have...
But its still not fair...
We get 30 mins of gameplay.

YOU GET ENTIRE FRANCHISES OF VIDEOGAMES!!!

(Dont call me a fanboy, cuz I realy dont care about the XBOX only games, I was just preforming a counter attack to give him a taste of his own healing salts...

DrBo
11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I think what many people are missing here is that exclusive DLC is a bad practice. Discussion of exclusive titles for certain consoles is completely missing the point. In the case of multi-platform games like the AC series, you're screwing over fans. There's no need for sarcastic BS posts or replies to the op, if he feels strongly enough that he'll no longer purchase the game, that's his business. Some of you act like it's a personal insult.

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
I'm just going to say 1 thing...

YOU (OP) HAVE HALO!
YOU HAVE 6 REALY GOOD GAMES! JUST 4YOU!
NOT PS3!!!
JUST XBOX!

I Like Halo...
BUT I CANT HAVE IT BECAUSE I DONT HAVE AN XBOX?

There are two sides to every story...
Try and see the situation from our point of view.

We finaly get something that you dont have...
But its still not fair...
We get 30 mins of gameplay.

YOU GET ENTIRE FRANCHISES OF VIDEOGAMES!!!

(Dont call me a fanboy, cuz I realy dont care about the XBOX only games, I was just preforming a counter attack to give him a taste of his own healing salts...

Um what about uncharted, ratchet and clank, infamous, god of war, motorstorm, killzone, mag, metal gear solid, i can go on for hours, my point is PS3 has better exlusives. the only game that is truely exlusive to the xbox is halo, the rest are on PC

LaCava1
11-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Relax, OP. You guys get a lot of stuff that we (the playstation 3-ers) don't. But if you guys got the DLC? You would laugh at us, and tell us to quit complaining.

Besides, it's not playing favorites, Sony payed extra for this stuff.

One more thing... You guys get Halo and Gears of War. (although we have inFamous and little big planet, which are both fun) What I wouldn't give to have Gears of War on the ps3...

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
Relax, OP. You guys get a lot of stuff that we (the playstation 3-ers) don't. But if you guys got the DLC? You would laugh at us, and tell us to quit complaining.

Besides, it's not playing favorites, Sony payed extra for this stuff.

One more thing... You guys get Halo and Gears of War. (although we have inFamous and little big planet, which are both fun) What I wouldn't give to have Gears of War on the ps3...

notice the post above this one, i listed a bunch of great exclusives on PS3

DeafAtheist
11-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I'll admit that it sucks. First the PS3 got the beta and now this. Feels like no love for us 360 owners.

However, even if I owned both consoles I'd STILL be buying it for the 360 despite the extra content.

It sucks that the PS3 is getting more love but it's not worth getting worked up over it. Chances are it's only a timed exclusive and will eventually make it out as DLC for us 360 and PC players.

AnthonyA85
11-03-2010, 08:55 PM
....the only game that is truely exlusive to the xbox is halo, the rest are on PC

you left out Dead Rising, that's xbox only as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But for all those worrying about the exclusive content, don't. It'll be avialable for everyone, all three platforms, eventually, a couple of months after release maybe.

Viperkill101
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Why don't all the xbox owners save up a little money maybe and BUY A PS3!!??

DeafAtheist
11-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Viperkill101:

No thanks. There aren't enough Playstation exclusives that interest me enough to encourage me to buy one.

General_Lekauf
11-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I am disappointed that multi-platform games still give exclusive DLC. Its one thing when its an console exclusive game but it is another when its a multi-platform game because it leaves one group left out. I get upset that PS3 doesn't get certian DLC if I have the game for it. But it also annoys me when I buy a game for Xbox 360 and its left out. I own all the current consoles so its not a matter of favorites. Its a matter of I have friends on Xbox who would like to play multiplayer so I had to choose I of course chose my friends over a short story although it is annoying that I couldn't get both.

DarkicoN14
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viperkill101:

No thanks. There aren't enough Playstation exclusives that interest me enough to encourage me to buy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
uncharted, ratchet and clank, infamous, god of war, motorstorm, killzone, mag, metal gear solid.
not enough PS exclusives? those are a few of them

DeafAtheist
11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viperkill101:

No thanks. There aren't enough Playstation exclusives that interest me enough to encourage me to buy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
uncharted, ratchet and clank, infamous, god of war, motorstorm, killzone, mag, metal gear solid.
not enough PS exclusives? those are a few of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go. Fixed my original post.

The Zoo Boy
11-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Xbox Exclusives: GTA IV DLC, Alan Wake, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Fable, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Left 4 Dead, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Prey, Project Gotham Racing, Saints Row, Splinter Cell, Too Human, Viva Piñata, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PlayStation Exclusives: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood DLC, 3D Dot Heroes, Afrika, Agent, Demon's Souls, God of War, Gran Turismo, Heavy Rain, Team ICO games (ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian), Heavy Rain, Infamous, Killzone, Lair, LittleBigPlanet, MAG, ModNation Racers, Metal Gear, MotorStorm, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nintendo Exclusives: Wii-Specific games from Touch! Generations (Sports, Play, Fit, Chess, Music, Sports resort, Fit Plus, Party, etc.), Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Wario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, StarFox, Earthbound, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Game and Watch (no lol), A Boy and His Blob, Boom Blox, Carnival Games, Conduit, Deadly Creatures, Endless Ocean, Epic Mickey, Excite Truck/Bikes, MadWorld, MiniCopter, Monster Hunter Tri, Rayman's Raving Rabbids, Wild Earth African Safari, World of Zoo, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PC Exclusives: MMORPGs (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc.), Tycoon Games (Zoo, Roller Coaster, etc.), The Sims, Spore, etc. (sarcasm)

Sega: Sonic (joke)

For above, PC (and Sega) does not count lol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

My favorite console: Xbox 360. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I currently own: PC, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, Wii, PlayStation, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameBoy, Game Boy Color, Nintendo DS, and I want to get a PS3, PSP, and a Nintendo 3DS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Best Console: None. No console is better than another, as each console has advantages and disadvantages; its good and bad qualities. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Let the console wars now...END!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tyrce111
11-03-2010, 11:55 PM
YAY FOR TheZooBoy for being rasional!!!

israel959
11-04-2010, 12:07 AM
To set the record straight, half of you missed the point, which I specified clearly..

It is the MINDSET of these companies that bothers me. It shows they can be bought out and publish more for my game that I cannot play. Once you put out one DLC then its two, three, then exclusive Expansions.

This is similar to when final fantasy put out 7 on the playstation when FF already had a long running with Nintendo, who made them famous. *STAB STAB* right in the back. Watch this go down the same way.

I have an inherent distaste for exclusive titles in general. Someone brought up metal gear, one of my favorites until the PS3, sorry, Im all about solid snake, raiden is cool too, but Im not shelling out $800 between two systems every time the next gen comes out. Yes $800, I spent $320 on my New Slim 360, wireless mic $40, put tax on all that.. multiply by 2, something like $800; no thank you.

I like to buy NICE things, not some dirt 'arcade' junk w no hdd,no cables and (if your lucky) you get one Wired controller. Booo.
Those of us, who save our pennies for the best of the best, will vouch for this fact, its to expensive to follow your favorites.

If i could give the ps3 people halo, i would, although i dont know why you want it. halo:reach was kind of disappointing, very short, and poor ending missions..

Im a hypocrite because I wanted to play ac:b and i hate ac:2? there are so many ways ac1 is better than 2, and still more reasons ac:b was about to improve on ac 2, i dont care that much anymore

if they (john doe company) wants to drum up sales for their ps3 buddies, do it on your own time, not on my dollar.

as for the guy who said something about the many exclusive demos for xbox, one, most of them suck, dont feel bad. two, they are developed by indie companies who are only allowed to use the xbox IDE, if ps3 had a dev kit, im sure they would port over..

not to mention, ac:b looks the same as ac:2
so maybe it should be ac:2 Brotherhood DLC, and we all pay $10 for it.

what do you think?

magesupermaster
11-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Seeing as AC: Brotherhood has already reached golden status, Ubisoft won't change anything.

Sure, I can rant about the Xbox getting the 'love' and the PS3 not..
But hey, finally the PS3 gets the love and I'm glad about it.
Usually I don't care about who has better exclusives or who gets more love, and like most of the users on this thread said; What if the tables were turned?

israel959
11-04-2010, 12:22 AM
seriously, get hooked on phonics
'turn the tables'? omg..

I just got through saying that I do not like exclusives for any console

I guess if people dont know how to read
there is no point to this thread anymore,
your all talking in circles.

im sure the op will agree
time for a lock..

*PS* I didnt realize it was funny photoshop day. Here you go, from me to You.

http://almostroyalty.com/host-images/1.jpg
http://almostroyalty.com/host-images/2.jpg
http://almostroyalty.com/host-images/3.jpg
http://almostroyalty.com/host-images/4.jpg

Enjoy.

The Zoo Boy
11-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
YAY FOR TheZooBoy for being rasional!!!

Thanks lol!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

To set the record straight, half of you missed the point, which I specified clearly..

It is the MINDSET of these companies that bothers me. It shows they can be bought out and publish more for my game that I cannot play. Once you put out one DLC then its two, three, then exclusive Expansions.

This is similar to when final fantasy put out 7 on the playstation when FF already had a long running with Nintendo, who made them famous. *STAB STAB* right in the back. Watch this go down the same way.

I have an inherent distaste for exclusive titles in general. Someone brought up metal gear, one of my favorites until the PS3, sorry, Im all about solid snake, raiden is cool too, but Im not shelling out $800 between two systems every time the next gen comes out. Yes $800, I spent $320 on my New Slim 360, wireless mic $40, put tax on all that.. multiply by 2, something like $800; no thank you.

I like to buy NICE things, not some dirt 'arcade' junk w no hdd,no cables and (if your lucky) you get one Wired controller. Booo.
Those of us, who save our pennies for the best of the best, will vouch for this fact, its to expensive to follow your favorites.

If i could give the ps3 people halo, i would, although i dont know why you want it. halo:reach was kind of disappointing, very short, and poor ending missions..

Im a hypocrite because I wanted to play ac:b and i hate ac:2? there are so many ways ac1 is better than 2, and still more reasons ac:b was about to improve on ac 2, i dont care that much anymore

if they (john doe company) wants to drum up sales for their ps3 buddies, do it on your own time, not on my dollar.

as for the guy who said something about the many exclusive demos for xbox, one, most of them suck, dont feel bad. two, they are developed by indie companies who are only allowed to use the xbox IDE, if ps3 had a dev kit, im sure they would port over..

what do you think?

1. First of all, I completely agree with u when u say that exclusive DLC for games that are not exclusives is bull. All DLC should be on every platform that the game is on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I think that the game should be released with every single piece of content. There should not be "timed exclusive DLC", "launch-day DLC", "preorder bonus DLC", or "special edition DLC". And game companies should not take tings out of games and release them as DLC later. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, if they have to do that because of time restraints, delay the game. I would rather have a delayed, complete game than an unfinished game that I have to pay extra for the DLC that should have been in the game from the start. I have no problem paying for DLC if it was thought of and created after the game was already out. Hell, I do not even want to know how much money I have spent on DLC, especially Rock Band DLC songs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"Preorder bonuses" should be liked they used to be: a fun gaming tokens and memorabilia, like a poster, action figure, game hints and tips help guide, keychain, T-shirt, and more stuff like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Special Editions should have steelbook cases, bonus discs with "making of" and stuff like that, soundtracks, statues, art books, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2. On the other hand, I completely disagree with u when u say that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood should be DLC, because it is a full game, that should be full priced.

Many of people (not saying u) think that just because Brotherhood does not feature a new character and instead of a new storyline, it just continues on the old one, it is not a full game, and does not deserve the $60.00 price tag; that it is more like an expansion. Do u know what I have to say to that? I say BULL****!!! Examples:

-Halo Trilogy: Master Chief is the main character for all three games, and u follow his storyline of fighting the Covenant and learning about the Forerunners and Halos. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Mario/Legend of Zelda: Mario/Link is the main character and u follow
his storyline of saving the princess Peach/Zelda and fighting the boss Bowser/Ganondorf lol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy: The Prince is the main character and u follow the Sands of Time storyline. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Splinter Cell Series: Sam Fisher is the main character and u follow his storyline of doing missions as a splinter cell working for Third Echelon and then eventally going on a quest of revenge to find ur daughter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I think u get my point. Just because there is not a new character and instead of a new storyline, it just continues on the old one does not mean that it is not a full game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SWJS
11-04-2010, 12:44 AM
This particular bit of sarcasm caught my attention. At least I hope that was sarcasm...

But really. It looks the same? If you actually think that, please, for the love of god dear boy, look the game up.

More on topic though, I don't like exclusives either, and I DO understand your points on the matter.

However, I enjoy the new updates and ever changing and engrossing story of AC, that I can overlook minor exclusive content such as this. Not buying a game because of a tiny exclusive DLC just to prove a point is not only useless as Ubisoft won't miss one tiny sale, it's just degrading of your character.

I can't make your decisions for you though, so it's up to you, but really, you are going a bit over the edge.

israel959
11-04-2010, 12:55 AM
You both say it looks different

Ok I watched some trailers.. I have this to say
Oh noes, you can ride the horsey in town, zomg!

All the people look very unblended, looks like southpark to me

Also, I cant forget the light bloom technique
Which casts light From the character, not On them This is obvious as the light moves With the character, not Against the character.

The slight use of bloom is also apparent in these cases.

The map is larger because the characters are less blended to the background.

Remember old school fps where you would try to open a million doors that all look 'active', this looks very much the same.

In short, this lacks the polish of AC1, or even AC2. Neither the xbox or ps3 dev kits can do more than this? Its 2010, we have a space station and this is the best I can get for $60? Id rather go back to WoW, maybe I will..

DeafAtheist
11-04-2010, 12:59 AM

what do you think?

I gotta say this post was much better than your original post that came out like much whining. You make good arguments here and for the most part I agree with you.

I don't like exclusives either. It's an unfortunate nature of the business where much of the market is left out. Full franchise exclusives are understandable like Zelda on the Nintendo, Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation, or Halo on the Xbox. Sure it would be nice if every single game was multiplatform but having a few franchises that are strictly for one console has been a part of the industry since there have been competing consoles. I LOVED Zelda on the Nintendo but eventually I felt the Nintendo was going downhill. The N64 was the last great console made by Nintendo and that's saying a lot considering Nintendo was still using a cartridge format when everyone else was putting games on CDs. So despite all the hype around Playstation and Xbox I stuck with Nintendo.

Without getting into a long boring story about my history as a gamer, my point here is that franchise exclusives are an accepted part of the industry. However, when a franchise decides to cross over like Nintendo did with Final Fantasy first with the Playstation and then with the Xbox that makes the franchise multiplatform. So for Square Enix to go back to making Final Fantasy only for the Nintendo since making games in the franchise for competitive consoles would be a disservice to the industry. Xbox 360 gamers who played and enjoyed FFXIII are undoubtedly looking forward to future installments ported to the Xbox console. Same thing with Splinter Cell which was originally made for the Xbox but later ported to just about every other console then Ubisoft makes Splinter Cell Conviction a Microsoft exclusive leaving PS3 owners in the dust who have grown fond of the franchise having played earlier titles on the last 2 generations of Playstation consoles. While I feel fortunate as an Xbox 360 owner to be able to play Conviction, I feel that it was unfair to Playstation owners to be left out especially because I myself got into the franchise on the PS2 and had I opted to get a PS3 instead of a 360 I'd be SOL right now and unable to play the latest installment of one of my top 3 favorite franchises.

But the very worst thing in the game industry is the exclusives given to one console for a multiplatform game and stiffing the others. It's not fair that we all pay the same $60 price for the game regardless of the console we buy it for, yet the competitor's copy gets extra stuff included in it that you don't. Red Dead Redemption gave the Playstation an exclusive gang hideout, but the Xbox 360 got a few extra achievements in the Liars & Cheats DLC that the PS3 didn't get. Now for Brotherhood the PS3 has gotten an exclusive beta which was bad enough but then they also get exclusive missions for free? It's a steaming pile of BS.

It's stuff like this that hurts the industry and causes competition not only between publishers/developers & the hardware companies, but also between us gamers who get into console wars and rub each other's noses in the exclusives we get that the competition got screwed out of.

That petty BS with console wars should be above us all. Regardless of the system we may play on we're all gamers who share a love for the industry and we should support each other equally rather than fighting over which console is the best.

It would never happen, but the best way we could fight the injustice of exclusives on multiplatform games is by refusing to patronize them. That is if you play on a console being given an exclusive then the boycott should be to THAT console. For example since Playstation is getting all the ACB love then Playstation owners should boycott the game, not Xbox owners... Make Sony get screwed out of their investment and maybe they would think twice about doing it again in the future. Same goes to Xbox... if Microsoft gives Xbox an exclusive then Xbox gamers should boycott it and screw them out of the investment. If we all did that then eventually the exclusives would stop if they were causing Sony and Microsoft to lose money. But like I said it would never happen because gamers love the exclusives as much as they hate them. They love them when they get them... hate them when they don't. Gamers left out tend to be the ones to boycott the game when it should be the other way around, but when your console is getting extra love from your favorite game franchises boycotting it is the last thing on your mind.

In the end the only thing we can really do is hope that the exclusives are timed and eventually all the content will be available on all platforms even if we have to pay a bit extra for something that other platforms got for free.

I disagree with you about ACB looking like AC2. Other than having the same characters it's obviously a completely different game and has been drastically revamped and updated. I feel like it's going to be an absolutely epic game. Possibly even a contender for Game of the Year. It's a MUCH bigger game than AC2 was so it's definitely worth much more than $10 DLC. Any AC fan choosing to skip it for whatever reason would be screwing themselves out of a great game.

So even tho I'm disappointed about the Xbox being screwed out of the exclusive content the PS3 is getting I'm still incredibly stoked for the game to come out and to play it.

israel959
11-04-2010, 01:12 AM
it looks sharper, for sure
it lacks Blend
all of the actors look like they are sitting On Top of the background, not in it.

To save on render effects I will assume
This is poor tactics, to shove a game out the door with a bigger map, and less polish

DeafAtheist
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM
You both say it looks different

Ok I watched some trailers.. I have this to say
Oh noes, you can ride the horsey in town, zomg!

All the people look very unblended, looks like southpark to me

Also, I cant forget the light bloom technique
Which casts light From the character, not On them This is obvious as the light moves With the character, not Against the character.

The slight use of bloom is also apparent in these cases.

The map is larger because the characters are less blended to the background.

Remember old school fps where you would try to open a million doors that all look 'active', this looks very much the same.

In short, this lacks the polish of AC1, or even AC2. Neither the xbox or ps3 dev kits can do more than this? Its 2010, we have a space station and this is the best I can get for $60? Id rather go back to WoW, maybe I will..

There's MUCH more added to the game than just being able to ride horses in town. There's the multiplayer obviously which was not in AC1 or AC2. There's the VR missions which is new to the franchise as well.

For the single player game you have the ability to train and use apprentice assassins in combat. That was never something that could be done in AC1 or AC2. Ezio has new weapons and the combat mechanics have been completely overhauled. The game has been estimated to take about 20 hours to play thru the single player campaign and 50 or more hours to 100% completion. That's more content than a $10 DLC pack.

Blending of the characters has nothing to do with the size of the map. The map of Rome in ACB is estimated to be 3 times the size of the map of Florance in AC2.

The videos you are seeing is of an unpolished, unfinished game. We have not seen any videos yet of the completed game in Gold status.

But hey if you don't think it's worth the money then don't buy. No one is twisting your arm. The rest of us here will enjoy it.

MolochXX
11-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Picture of TheZooBoy

OP's post read like some kind of weird free verse poem

The Zoo Boy
11-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by MolochXX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Picture of TheZooBoy

OP's post read like some kind of weird free verse poem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif It's true lol!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But what do u mean "Picture of TheZooBoy" lol? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MolochXX
11-04-2010, 01:57 AM
I dunno, I hit reply and that showed up after the post was sent through. Dunno why it happened. It may even happen to this post! IS THIS REAL LIFE? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Pattington_Bear
11-04-2010, 02:24 AM
http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

israel959
11-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Blending of the characters has nothing to do with the size of the map.

It sure does
Less space for graphics
Moar for map
and to render such a map, quickly (30+ fps)
will take a diminished graphics quality

such as bloom
or foreground exposure

you dont own a PC do you?

BioPulse.ps3
11-04-2010, 03:08 AM
LOL... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif LOL

DeafAtheist
11-04-2010, 03:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Blending of the characters has nothing to do with the size of the map.

It sure does
Less space for graphics
Moar for map

such as bloom
or foreground exposure

you dont own a PC do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you have a point but I've not seen graphics suffer much due to a large sandbox map. Red Dead Redemption is boasted to be the largest open world map Rockstar has ever made and the graphics are incredible.

I don't think they look bad at all in ACB and even if they are short of perfect like I said you're looking at an unfinished, unpolished game in the videos available online.

Yes I own a PC. I don't use it for gaming tho. I'm a console gamer.

israel959
11-04-2010, 03:19 AM
biopulse, is that suppose to count for something?

how ominous the trolls become..

obliviondoll
11-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Ever notice how when the PS3 gets something exclusive, the XBox fanboys get all up in arms about things?

The PS3 fanboys are far more.... wait, no.

We're all just as bad as one another.

Immature brats demanding that OUR system be taken seriously and everyone else rots.

But I'm sure this "exclusive" will become a "timed exclusive" and the 360 gamers will get it too.

I'm just surprised Sony haven't tried this earlier. Particularly when seeing how well the tactic was used against them...

EDIT: After looking more closely at a few early posts.... Halo Reach giving bonuses to long-time fans of the series isn't the same thing. That's rewarding fandom of the series, not rewarding a limited group of your loyal fans at the expense of others who are potentially just as loyal.

I think any console-specific exclusive that ISN'T based on the specific capabilities of that system is stupid. If the Copernicus thing was included on the game disc because PS3 uses Blu-Ray and has more storage space than 360, I'd be fine with it. Being a PS3 owner, I'm going to get it anyway, but I think it's unfair to the 360 players. I also think they've had enough exclusives that being as upset as the OP is taking things too far, but I can see the point.

BioPulse.ps3
11-04-2010, 03:53 AM
biopulse, is that suppose to count for something?

how ominous the trolls become..

i'm just amused that you think that because a game gets 'timed' exclusive dlc for a specific console you should just not buy the game.

it's just stupid.

bokeef04
11-04-2010, 05:05 AM
i think someone else said this, but Ubisoft is a business, first and foremost, how many businesses do you know who will turn down getting paid just to be fair to someone else? Sony paid Ubisoft for that content, Microsoft didn't want to, simple as that.

would it be unfair if you offered a car manufacturer 20million dollars to make you a car no-one else has? is it unfair of Ubisoft to want to get paid for their work? should i not sell a phone to one person because another person can't afford it, or is on a different network? what about the Iphone, in the US you can only get it on AT&T because they paid apple to have it exclusively, meaning apple gets paid twice, once to only make it available to AT&T and then for every phone they sell

i know everyone will flame me, but people are whining about Ubisoft acting like a business, yes, in a perfect world everyone would have everything they wanted and it would be equal, but the world isn't equal or fair, it sucks there are exclusives, but that is the world we live in, i don't complain that i pay nearly double what the US pays for games, which makes no sense, 1AUD buys 1.10USD, yet americans pay 50-60USD for games where i pay 120AUD(150AUD for the codex edition) can you point out how the maths works there?

israel959
11-04-2010, 05:10 AM
the failure of the PS3 is not ubisoft's responsibility.

nice try tho

Kakashi590
11-04-2010, 05:20 AM

nice try tho and you call others trolls when your clearly the troll....more like ogre

DarkicoN14
11-04-2010, 05:24 AM

nice try tho

I have 3 words for you,

Get over it.

your seriously not going to buy a game just because xbox didnt get a 30 minute peice of dlc that is probaly timed so you might get it somewhere in the near future? and dont start this crap how the PS3 fails nobody wants to hear it

So guess what your not getting the DLC PS3 is you say it isnt fair? life isnt fair get over it
you wouuldnt be starting a thread about this if it was on Xbox, granted i do feel exluding xbox players from the beta was a bit unfair but other then that nothing.

BioPulse.ps3
11-04-2010, 06:06 AM
aslo, if you dont want to buy the game for whatever reason in the whole universe, just don't.

none of us give a rat's *** on what you do or not.

MT4K
11-04-2010, 06:50 AM
look, nobody likes exclusives, they are always unfair to somebody, in a perfect world everybody would get the same content, but, the world is not perfect

you making a whiny post on the forums about it with some silly little threat about how you wont buy the game anymore means absolutely nothing to ubisoft and just makes you appear childish

i don't like the budget cuts to the military being done in the uk, but i aint outside whining at them about it, like me complaining about how they are jeopardizing the british isles defense just to save money is going to make any bloody difference to their decision at all... they don't care what some lowly 24 year old gamer thinks

the same way ubisoft really isn't going to give a crap what some whiny kid posts on their forums

moral of the story..... LIFE ISN'T FAIR

we understand you being irritated and upset, but god, grow up, get over it, and stop acting like some spoiled child wanting something he cannot have

Pattington_Bear
11-04-2010, 07:14 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jyaFg9IwHtQ/TGzW7-H-mbI/AAAAAAAAG1g/NmnwuxJ4UNA/s1600/Troll%27s%2520Brain%2520and%2520memory.gif

ultrax21
11-04-2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.co...es-Around-Copernicus (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104951-AC-Brotherhoods-PS3-Exclusive-DLC-Revolves-Around-Copernicus)
AC: Brotherhood's PS3-Exclusive DLC Revolves Around Copernicus

Apparently, there is a Playstation 3 Only DLC
Ubisoft wants to play favorites?
Want to ramp up your PS3 buddies huh?

Well, you just lost one on XBOX
I spend the past 4 months ramping this game up to my friends on XBOX

No more
I hate it when companies do this

You have lost an AC:B fan
Not that you corporate mongers and mindless fanboys will miss me.

I dont care
Just wanted you to know how Easily
you ruined an otherwise Great launch.

Save your bells and whistles
All your concessions about how you balance it out with some other goodies.

Dont care
I want to play all of the game I paid for
And I dont want to sit around while some PS3 kids talk about the extra stuff they got

Maybe
You make better choice next time Mr.Ubi?

Prob not..

*I even spent the $10 to buy an XBOX Live avatar costume for AC:B 2 months ago, to support the game. Nice to see how my loyalty was repaid.*

huh how could you even called your self a fan..you are just little boy who dont have money to buy ps3...if you want that DLC...just go to Sony and buy ps3...nub

SteelCity999
11-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Has anyone ever thought, especially all those whining about not getting anything for supposedly "working" on the beta, that maybe this is the easiest way for Ubi to say thank you to the tens of thousands of gamers who helped out on the beta???

And as for exclusives in general, everyone should just stop complaining. Everything has exclusives in life and thats part of the perks for owning whatever it is you happen to own. Deal with it....

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by ultrax21:
-snip-

huh how could you even called your self a fan..you are just little boy who dont have money to buy ps3...if you want that DLC...just go to Sony and buy ps3...nub </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Get out of here Sony fan boy and stop trolling, you're not welcome here.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Still, you can't blame him for being right...
Only kidding, don't worry.

ultrax21 use good arguments, don't post the fanboy crap. No one really appreciates it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ultrax21
11-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by zomgcookie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultrax21:
-snip-

huh how could you even called your self a fan..you are just little boy who dont have money to buy ps3...if you want that DLC...just go to Sony and buy ps3...nub </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Get out of here Sony fan boy and stop trolling, you're not welcome here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why are you attacking me...i aint fanboy...belive me i would get xbox but i allready got ps3 for 2 years now...someday i will buy xbox...i dont care if you think xbox is better then ps3...i just say that this guy is complaining too much,if he wants exclusive DLC just buy ps3 or wait,maybe it will come out on xbox live someday...idk why i even joined here...only people insulting others and saying they are trolling.i will say this once,you should get a LIFE if you know what is that

notafanboy
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ultrax21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zomgcookie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultrax21:
-snip-

huh how could you even called your self a fan..you are just little boy who dont have money to buy ps3...if you want that DLC...just go to Sony and buy ps3...nub </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Get out of here Sony fan boy and stop trolling, you're not welcome here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why are you attacking me...i aint fanboy...belive me i would get xbox but i allready got ps3 for 2 years now...someday i will buy xbox...i dont care if you think xbox is better then ps3...i just say that this guy is complaining too much,if he wants exclusive DLC just buy ps3 or wait,maybe it will come out on xbox live someday...idk why i even joined here...only people insulting others and saying they are trolling.i will say this once,you should get a LIFE if you know what is that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
?

SWJS
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
It sure does
Less space for graphics
Moar for map
Oh look, the troll went from an angry 360 fan to a deluded Graphics-tard.

Yeah... nice try pal. Your Bridge has been crossed, and your goats have run away. Time to shove off.

flyryassassin
11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
dude your really crying about ps3 getting content that Xbox doesnt? most games kiss xbox's feet, I don't want to pull names but....MODERN WARFARE!!!!! is one of them. I have a ps3 and I am happy my favorite game allowed us to play the beta... this is why ubi will always be number 1 in my book. they also listen to there fans. so no need to make threats that you and your 2 friend on xbox will boycott this game, just post you think it is unfair(in a calm manner), they might just change it . Buy a ps3, xbox is like a loving wife...and ps3 is like that hot babe you hook up with when ur wife is at work. http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

DarkicoN14
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
also this could be because Ps3 had some framerate issues on AC2 so mabye they are just making up for that

flyryassassin
11-04-2010, 04:56 PM
also this could be because Ps3 had some framerate issues on AC2 so mabye they are just making up for that

very true..

DeafAtheist
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM

No they've gone above and beyond. They stated that they focused more attention on polishing the PS3 version because of that so that in some parts of the game the PS3 version will look better than the 360 version. Giving them the extra content on top of the beta is going well beyond making up for the quality issues of AC2

http://www.psu.com/PS3-Assassi...sion--a009931-p0.php (http://www.psu.com/PS3-Assassins-Creed--Brotherhood-will-be-same-as-360-version--a009931-p0.php)

flyryassassin
11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:

No they've gone above and beyond. They stated that they focused more attention on polishing the PS3 version because of that so that in some parts of the game the PS3 version will look better than the 360 version. Giving them the extra content on top of the beta is going well beyond making up for the quality issues of AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think its ps3's turn to get some exclusive content... ps3:1 xbox:7465738

piercedthrough
11-04-2010, 05:15 PM

nice try tho
lol who said ps3 was failing?? last time i checked they still had waaay more features on them. The only reason people buy boxes any more is cuz "everyone" has one. I know that's why all my friends did.

israel959
11-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Im fairly excited for this next post,
its go time.

July 15, 2010
Xbox 360, PS3 Sales Surge In June
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1106562p1.html

Now.. this isint from just anywhere, its From the ps3 website. Moving on..

Here are the hardware unit sales for June:

Nintendo DS - 510.7K
Wii - 422.5K
Xbox 360 - 451.7K
PlayStation 3 - 304.8K
PSP - 121.0K

The PS3 coming in, Much under the 360. Roughly 150,000 units less..

Who said something about, go buy a PS3, Im poor?
What is 150,000 x $300? Thats right folks

$450,000,000 cash

Right, I'm poor. When was the last time you were out 400 million dollars. Yea, thats why you still post on the forums like everyone else.

My only argument was if you want to have a multi-platform launch, include everyone. Someone posted to include unique limited edition boxes or launch accessories, great idea.

Don't change my game please.

This is the same as 360/ps3/wii have no real support for any IDK (integrated dev-kit). Many of which are common on the PC. Steam has Hammer, Morrowind had TES, Fallout 3 had the G.E.C.K(which is also TES v2..) Anyway, easily available, provides more content.

As a side note, what if it would have been easier to play the game with the DLC in the first place?

What if, by the time im done, I dont want to play the game anymore. Most likely because I will have to backtrack everywhere I have been already, to do things, I could have done, or would have changed the gameplay from the start?

Fallout 3 stopped the whole game at the end, until the DLC, upped the level cap, but until then, Notta.

Like I said, it doesnt matter, if your on multi-platform, share and share alike. You want our sales, treat us the same.

The goodies, should be handled by their respective companies, quit wasting my xbox dollars on your ps3 market. You dont pay me for that, you dont pay for my live subscription. GTFO.

Ok, thank you.

*PS* Hey, I also like the fun pictures you left me again. Here, I made some improvements. *

<3

http://almostroyalty.com/host-images/5.jpg
http://almostroyalty.com/host-images/6.jpg

kobester03
11-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Okay first off I agree with you to a point. Along with everyone else I dislike exclusives. Now that that is out of the way. Did you just feel like ****ing people off? http://www.busnessinsider.com/...fetime-sales-2010-10 (http://www.busnessinsider.com/ps3-approaching-xbox-360-lifetime-sales-2010-10) Some quotes for the jest of it. According to Sony's latest earnings report released last night, the company sold 3.2 million PlayStation 3 consoles during the quarter from June to September, compared with 2.8 million Xbox 360s during the same quarter. Sony's new PlayStation Move controller may not be wowing reviewers, but like Microsoft's similar Kinect system, it seems to be spurring a resurgence in sales. The PS3 is within 4 million units of the Xbox 360's lifetime total according to VGChartz. Equally important, the PS3 has been profitable on a per-unit basis since last May, according to executives speaking on Sony's earnings call. Microsoft has never claimed profitability on the Xbox 360 console, although it's making money overall thanks to games and Xbox Live.

israel959
11-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Quarterly reports are not Unit sales, they made 3.2 million Dollars.. roughly, 310,000 PS3 units

yea im also sure you quoted a website that Doesnt work, also because you spelled 'Business' wrong

http://www.busnessinsider.com/...fetime-sales-2010-10

nice try tho

*on a side note i think kinect And move are hyped way to much anyway.. who says I agree with Microsloth cus I have xbox?*

kobester03
11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Now that my computer hates me for the moment and that link is broken here you go
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...613767.html?x=0&.v=4 (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Total-Sony-PlayStation-3-siliconalley-354613767.html?x=0&.v=4)
Different site same thing. Now I'm not in any way shape or form a ps3 fan boy. Yes I do own one, I also own a xbox 360 and a wii. The most likely reason for the ps3 exclusive is this information. Reach the most people and get them wanting more. Then release the other dlc you have been working on. There's a heck of a profit. It's nothing against xbox or microsoft its just good business. Yes I know horribly cliche.

DeafAtheist
11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Quarterly reports are not Unit sales, they made 3.2 million Dollars.. roughly, 310,000 PS3 units

yea im also sure you quoted a website that Doesnt work, also because you spelled 'Business' wrong
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://www.busnessinsider.com/...fetime-sales-2010-10

nice try tho

*on a side note i think kinect And move are hyped way to much anyway.. who says I agree with Microsloth cus I have xbox?* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he's right. If you just put the "i" in the right place and re-enter the link address you get the article and it does indeed say that PS3 sold 3.2 million units compared to 2.8 million Xbox 360 units.

Here I'll fix his link: http://www.businessinsider.com...fetime-sales-2010-10 (http://www.businessinsider.com/ps3-approaching-xbox-360-lifetime-sales-2010-10)

israel959
11-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I was not about to disagree,
if they make a better system, innovate, etc
Their chances go up, to make a resurgence

Does it really matter
All of them are just computers anyway

davo1270
11-05-2010, 12:15 AM
I could tell this thread is going to go on to at least 20 pages lol

israel959
11-05-2010, 12:50 AM
On second thought,

Not only am I going to get AC:B now
Also going to buy a PS3

So I can assassinate All of you..

Reach the most people and get them wanting more. Then release the other dlc you have been working on. There's a heck of a profit. It's nothing against xbox or microsoft

Exactly my point, the platform owners need to market on their own, this proprietary cycle is getting old.
---

@kobester03
Did you just feel like ****ing people off?

This post was like a vision, handed down by god to man; something we may not understand now, only Marvel its perfect nature.

Basically, yes
<3
---

@deafathiest

it does indeed say that PS3 sold 3.2 million units compared to 2.8 million Xbox 360

I wonder how many of them are long term customers and/or live subscribers. There are many used and unhappy xbox/ps3/wii on craiglist all the time, so how many of these units are coming back for more?

To be continued..

kobester03
11-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Israel959, while it would be nice if they would be doing that it would take quite a bit for them to change their ways. Also I completely understand wanting to **** people off at times but then again I have a brother for that.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html
Also according to this article the xbox 360 failure rate is 54.2 percent, where as playstation 3 failure rate is 10.6 percent and wii pulling up the rear with the smallest at 6.8 percent. As far as repeat failures xbox 360 comes in at 41.2 percent of owners had a second failure, playstation 3 comes in at 14.7 percent of owners had a second failure, and wii again pulling up the rear at 11 percent of owners had a second failure. In buying a new console xbox 360 comes in at 36.4 percent playstation 3 at 13.4 and wii at 8.4. So there is no confusion thats how many bought a new console for the big three. Looks like i better save up repair money
Edit 1: fixed a sentence.
Edit 2: added last sentence.

Serenity9066
11-05-2010, 01:58 AM
This thread is pure blasphemy. Where are the admins for a good thread locking? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Pattington_Bear
11-05-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm sitting here laughing (mainly at israel).

But I'm finally going to join into the conversation, this is clearly a fanboy argument over consoles, although israel completely denies it.

It's easy to say than PS3 has errors but i actually wrote a business dissertation on all three companies, and can tell you Xbox is no different. The only way to promote figures is through a balanced argument or SWOT test so they are not biased.

2.0 The Strengths Of The Industry

Sony Ps3

After the success of the Sony PS2 which sold over 138 million consoles worldwide. It is expected that the PS3 is of better quality, and Sony has impressed its consumers so far with an impressive piece of technology. The Sony PS3 has many advantages over the Xbox 360 in this market but yet people have always gone for the cheaper option, which is the PS3’s biggest downfall. The PS3 has an impressive percentage of breakdowns with only 0.2% of its consoles breaking down much less than the Xbox 360.
For a Family that uses a console for much more than games, the PS3 offers a Blu-ray player, DVD and CD player, and other incorporated media into their console and also HDTV incorporated into the console so for all this which is much less than some Blu-ray players alone on the market which can cost between £150 to £1000, so the consumer gets more for their money.
The PS3 offers many types of hard drive and upgrades in the original PS3 it holds 20 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB. The newest console to be released is the PS3 slim which holds over 120GB or 250GB and its 33% smaller than the original, 36% lighter, and consumes 34% less power than the old PS3. With lots more space it’s also said that breakdown figures have fallen and the PS3 slim is upping sales, for example in less than 24 hours it was a number one best seller on amazon.com.
The PS3 has sold over 24.6 million consoles since it release making revenue of £7,380,000,000 since the PS3 was released, on the console alone. It’s amazing how they have made fewer sales than Microsoft but yet they have made more revenue from the sales of console alone.

Microsoft’s Xbox 360

The main strength with the Xbox is that it had a head start into the next generation games console industry. It could be said that they started a niche in the market for this type of console. So it could be said that it led the charge into this industry. It sold more than 31.4 million consoles across 37 different countries since its release and Xbox live, their version of online game play is offered to 25 of these countries. It’s said that the consumers have spent more than £2.6 billion on Xbox 360 consoles, games, accessories and retail products. With an Xbox live membership of 10 million people and growing since June 2008 and Microsoft have said that they gain a member every eight seconds.

The cost of a 360 varies from £150 for an Arcade edition and £200 for an Elite edition and this is for the console alone so it sold 230,000 units in 2008 and 309,000 units in 2009 so if they sold only Arcade editions of the console in 2009 they would have made £46,350,000 if Microsoft have only sold Elite editions of the console they would have made £61,800,000 just from those units in2009.

If Microsoft sold only Arcade consoles they would have made revenue of £4,710,000,000 since its release and if they sold only Elite version of the console they would have made revenue of £6,280,000,000.

Since the Xbox 360 is said to be one of the better consoles on the market for the largest, and widest verity of games with over 250 games available for their console and sell an average of 5.6 games per consumer. Microsoft claims that they have led the charge into next gen gaming, entertainment and high definition technology.

Microsoft’s Xbox Live offer definitely the largest most active community of online gamers charging about £39.99 for a year’s subscription so Microsoft’s income just on Xbox live subscriptions is £399,900,000 sales revenue a year and growing for only Gold subscriptions. Xbox live offers two types of off subscriptions silver being the cheaper option and gold being the more expensive.

£39.99 x 10,000, 000 = £399,900,000 sales revenue a year for Gold subscriptions (Xbox live).

The growth of the Xbox 360 seems to show a steady growth (see the graph above) in the sales of its consoles. I have to admit that it truly lead the industry into the future of gaming.

3.0 The Weaknesses Of The Industry

PS3
Sales figures for the Sony PS3 seem to be falling every year compared with the other consoles on the market it has seen a recent drop from 269,000 units sold in 2008 compared with 203,000 units sold in 2009.
The main downfall with the Sony PS3 is that it costs about £300 per console which is extremely over priced compared with the other competitors on the market, and can be considered over priced for what you get. The Sony PS3 console was release in early 2007 in the UK, it was the latest console to be released and could be said to have got off to a bad start because of the late start, leaving Microsoft with a massive demand in the market place, and giving them a head start in sales. It’s said that PS3’s profits plunged yet again this year due to expensive production costs

Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 has several main weaknesses it has a breakdown percentage is a massive 33% but yet it seems it be more popular than the PS3, Unfortunately the Users have to pay for online game play which is free on the other systems. The console maybe the cheap option but the hardware and long term cost of the console is extremely expensive to run. The Direct competition is Nintendo because of the equally large customer base.

It is easy to say that you are clearly trolling, you have no clear or even consist argument. The "timed" DLC is just simply a thank you to beta testers. It's typical for you to moan over an extra 30 mins of gameplay, which you could receive anyway.

Just simply refusing to buy the game is just stupid, I would not call you a fan at all. Do you really think Ubi will care about one less sale on a series which previously sold 9,000,000 copies of AC2(and rising). So good luck with your protest.

If you really do buy a copy of the game and a PS3 I'd be glad to play you, so put your money where your mouth is, it is clearly where the S*** comes out.

ultrax21
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
I'm sitting here laughing (mainly at israel).

But I'm finally going to join into the conversation, this is clearly a fanboy argument over consoles, although israel completely denies it.

It's easy to say than PS3 has errors but i actually wrote a business dissertation on all three companies, and can tell you Xbox is no different. The only way to promote figures is through a balanced argument or SWOT test so they are not biased.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 2.0 The Strengths Of The Industry

Sony Ps3

After the success of the Sony PS2 which sold over 138 million consoles worldwide. It is expected that the PS3 is of better quality, and Sony has impressed its consumers so far with an impressive piece of technology. The Sony PS3 has many advantages over the Xbox 360 in this market but yet people have always gone for the cheaper option, which is the PS3’s biggest downfall. The PS3 has an impressive percentage of breakdowns with only 0.2% of its consoles breaking down much less than the Xbox 360.
For a Family that uses a console for much more than games, the PS3 offers a Blu-ray player, DVD and CD player, and other incorporated media into their console and also HDTV incorporated into the console so for all this which is much less than some Blu-ray players alone on the market which can cost between £150 to £1000, so the consumer gets more for their money.
The PS3 offers many types of hard drive and upgrades in the original PS3 it holds 20 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB, 80 GB. The newest console to be released is the PS3 slim which holds over 120GB or 250GB and its 33% smaller than the original, 36% lighter, and consumes 34% less power than the old PS3. With lots more space it’s also said that breakdown figures have fallen and the PS3 slim is upping sales, for example in less than 24 hours it was a number one best seller on amazon.com.
The PS3 has sold over 24.6 million consoles since it release making revenue of £7,380,000,000 since the PS3 was released, on the console alone. It’s amazing how they have made fewer sales than Microsoft but yet they have made more revenue from the sales of console alone.

Microsoft’s Xbox 360

The main strength with the Xbox is that it had a head start into the next generation games console industry. It could be said that they started a niche in the market for this type of console. So it could be said that it led the charge into this industry. It sold more than 31.4 million consoles across 37 different countries since its release and Xbox live, their version of online game play is offered to 25 of these countries. It’s said that the consumers have spent more than £2.6 billion on Xbox 360 consoles, games, accessories and retail products. With an Xbox live membership of 10 million people and growing since June 2008 and Microsoft have said that they gain a member every eight seconds.

The cost of a 360 varies from £150 for an Arcade edition and £200 for an Elite edition and this is for the console alone so it sold 230,000 units in 2008 and 309,000 units in 2009 so if they sold only Arcade editions of the console in 2009 they would have made £46,350,000 if Microsoft have only sold Elite editions of the console they would have made £61,800,000 just from those units in2009.

If Microsoft sold only Arcade consoles they would have made revenue of £4,710,000,000 since its release and if they sold only Elite version of the console they would have made revenue of £6,280,000,000.

Since the Xbox 360 is said to be one of the better consoles on the market for the largest, and widest verity of games with over 250 games available for their console and sell an average of 5.6 games per consumer. Microsoft claims that they have led the charge into next gen gaming, entertainment and high definition technology.

Microsoft’s Xbox Live offer definitely the largest most active community of online gamers charging about £39.99 for a year’s subscription so Microsoft’s income just on Xbox live subscriptions is £399,900,000 sales revenue a year and growing for only Gold subscriptions. Xbox live offers two types of off subscriptions silver being the cheaper option and gold being the more expensive.

£39.99 x 10,000, 000 = £399,900,000 sales revenue a year for Gold subscriptions (Xbox live).

The growth of the Xbox 360 seems to show a steady growth (see the graph above) in the sales of its consoles. I have to admit that it truly lead the industry into the future of gaming.

3.0 The Weaknesses Of The Industry

PS3
Sales figures for the Sony PS3 seem to be falling every year compared with the other consoles on the market it has seen a recent drop from 269,000 units sold in 2008 compared with 203,000 units sold in 2009.
The main downfall with the Sony PS3 is that it costs about £300 per console which is extremely over priced compared with the other competitors on the market, and can be considered over priced for what you get. The Sony PS3 console was release in early 2007 in the UK, it was the latest console to be released and could be said to have got off to a bad start because of the late start, leaving Microsoft with a massive demand in the market place, and giving them a head start in sales. It’s said that PS3’s profits plunged yet again this year due to expensive production costs

Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 has several main weaknesses it has a breakdown percentage is a massive 33% but yet it seems it be more popular than the PS3, Unfortunately the Users have to pay for online game play which is free on the other systems. The console maybe the cheap option but the hardware and long term cost of the console is extremely expensive to run. The Direct competition is Nintendo because of the equally large customer base.

It is easy to say that you are clearly trolling, you have no clear or even consist argument. The "timed" DLC is just simply a thank you to beta testers. It's typical for you to moan over an extra 30 mins of gameplay, which you could receive anyway.

Just simply refusing to buy the game is just stupid, I would not call you a fan at all. Do you really think Ubi will care about one less sale on a series which previously sold 9,000,000 copies of AC2(and rising). So good luck with your protest.

If you really do buy a copy of the game and a PS3 I'd be glad to play you, so put your money where your mouth is, it is clearly where the S*** comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you owned him xD

israel959
11-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Ahh, I see

@serenity9066
Oh, I forgot, your the voice of reason huh?
GTFO, no one cares about your thread lock. We are having a conversation, try joining instead of forcing your morality on people.

I like how previously unheard poster Serenity walks in from no where and pass judgment. Go save a plant or something, thats what tree-huggers like you are for.
--

@paddington_bear
Look at it this way.
#1 Your wrong
#2 I have better things to do than argue w the likes of you
#3 Ubi dont care anymore about Losing me than Keeping you, welcome to the market economy

so put your money where your mouth is, it is clearly where the S*** comes out.

#4 Clearly, your an idiot

Half of the posters just got through agreeing with me. Some of us are tired of the console wars, some are unhappy and deal with it. And some, like me, want it to end completely.

How about this, I mod my xbox, so I can play PS3 updates. Then I wont *****, ill just take.

By the time Ubi ports over that DLC to xbox, a month or two after the release, I will be tired of AC:B anyway, I would like to play these DLC at time of release. Even if it is '30 min'.

When you only enjoy one of two games in the whole year, maybe you will too..

---

And whoever said something about me being a graphics pro, actually Yea, I am. Been playing and tweaking,overclocking and learning about GFX for, 8 years now. All of my gfx cards run on advanced, with custom antialiasing, and custom texture filtering, until I LIKE the result. Yea, I do know what the hell im talking about.

Bloom lighting and foreground clipping are two tricks to increase frame rate over a large map, which allows UBI to make the 3x map claim in their trailers. Im sure it is 3x bigger, it looks like a bunch of paper characters pasted ontop of my tv screen.

It lacks Polish of the AC1 or even AC2.
AC1 had that grittier, desert nomad feel

AC2 is stuck in shakespeare land, something I do not associate with assassins to begin with..
---

We all learned in school, if you dont have enough gum to share with the class, leave it in your pocket.

As much as Im happy for PS3 fans, and realize this will Likely will be a small DLC..

I like to have all the little extras, because I Enjoy The Game.

I think posters like you paddington_bear have this talent to exaggerate everything.

I guess I am trolling, the great paddington_bear just said so.

Now, I cant even feel left out without being attacked.
---

AC:B is better in some ways, I am left mostly disappointed that it looks like AC2, and has no grit like AC1. You cant tell me Why I like a certain video game

Maybe you should put your ignorance up your a-ss. Clearly, nothing is coming out of the brain.

Pattington_Bear
11-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Oh dear... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

#1 get my name right.

#2 I'm not wrong, the information provided is from legitimate sources.

#3 Idoit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iqFO-Udq6s&p=AC22A878F2FA7F46&playnext=1&index=47)

#4 I'm great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

#5 if you are happy for us then why start this thread in the first place?

#6 I don't exaggerate, i just say what every one else thinks.

#7 if you can't handle an argument go away.

How have I started a console war? I clearly provided balanced information.

Back on Topic now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

persiateddy95
11-05-2010, 10:12 AM
#2 I have better things to do than argue w the likes of you
Proof you can't keep on a conversation.

Mr_Shade
11-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Right...

Lets stop the 'console wars' - Troll posts - and pictures.. Some people in here are behaving like children..

I did expect better of the community than to fracture into waring consoles...

The fact that the PS3 may have a few extra missions, which may not even add anything to the main story line, shouldn't really put anyone off buying the game - but I can see some people are very sensitive about it.

Same as 'Exclusive' multiplayer skins - content may be different on different formats - Avatar for example also had an exclusive PS3 map [from certain stores]

If anyone wants to NOT buy a title, for what ever reason, that is their choice, so please do not attack them for it.

By all means think what you like, but please do not post it on here.

This exclusive content has been known about for many months, by some of you - however it appears the OP did not know, so is slightly upset.

So please do not drag the thread into a console format war..

PhiIs1618033
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Argument for exclusives: The gaming producers are companies, they get paid for exclusives.
Argument against exclusives: we get ****-tier debates. (non-factual argument, but I think most of you agree this is a ****-tier debate)

Please, stop the madness.
The complaint is about PS3 getting exclusive DLC. I don't think "which console is better" has got anything to do with that. Also, ad hominem (addressing a person's credibility instead of his point and arguments) is a logical fallacy and thus has no place as an argument, so cut it out.

Israel, you didn't exactly provided proper arguments against Pattington's, who did indeed provide legitimate sources for his. Be a man and accept that he has a point.

And that goes for all of you. If the opposition has a good, logical argument, you have to accept that. Instead of trying to refute the argument, you have to bring up an argument of your own and say why it outweighs your opponent's.

N.B. "You're wrong", "You're stupid", "That's just dumb", "I'm better than you" etc. aren't arguments.

SleezeRocker
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Well all you can do is have patience.
Xbox has some "exclusive" adds for a game 1st, PS3 will have "exclusive" adds for a game 1st as well.
Does it suck that a console has something ealrier than the other? Yeah for some. Some people feel like they're special because they got COD MW2 Stimulus earlier than PS3, etc.
Personally I don't care for timed exclusives because eventually they'll make ther way to theo ther system. If you have patience it's all good.
But all in all, it is just the players taste.
Some people will like what games/content are offered on xbox, some will like what games are offered on PS3(<I would fall in this), others will like what is on Wii, DS and so on. It is all a matter of choice.

Now what I disagree on is how OP israel is throwing tantrum all because PS3 is having a free addon for about a month or two before xbox and because of that he does not want to buy a really good game (which personally I'll find more entertaining than playing run and gun Black Ops). But I suppose it's not the first thread that I've seen all because of certain content in a system for Brotherhood they do not wish to buy the game.

lol There used to be a thread in the Playstation/Assassins Creed forum about some guy venting who did not want to buy Brotherhood all because he was scared of The Harlequin and Hellequin. I just had to laugh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blackglasswar
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I for one am glad to be getting some free DLC... Ubisoft said it themselves earlier this year that PS3 was THE console for this game (not a direct quote but words to that effect) so why are people surprised. I do hope that M$ get it eventually so that they can enjoy it too (assuming it will be enjoyable.. i personally have no doubt)... though perhaps waiting as long as PS3 did for GTA4 dlc is too long! For the time being my thumbs are raised!!

Thanks Ubi!!!

Colossus_1191
11-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I thought I read that when the PS3 was first released, 360 had a 11 million unit advantage. Now it is down to 3 million. That isn't taking account of how many people needed to buy more than 1 xbox because their failure rate was so high. It is actually a common theory that the user-base for each system is a similar number.

PS3 is actually an impressive feat considering how advantageous it is to be first and of course cheaper.

Windrius
11-05-2010, 11:31 AM

You being punished?
Hah.
Be happy you atleast get a game.
PC gamers like me have to wait half a year to play AC:B.
So how about being happy with what you have?

israel959
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
@phils1618033..

Yes, they do get paid for exclusives, but as I said. This mostly ads up to a short case of feeling left out, I have already spent money on this to support the game, for months, my live avatar has been sporting this Gangster doc outfit from AC:B. My way of saying thanks. So I HAVE already spent money on this game, and was Briefly upset for missing out on more content.

Maybe the title of said post is a bit misleading, no one 'ruined' the actual game, Im sure I will get a copy. Still, I only look forward to about 2 games a year, so the DLC is a nice,

I guess this is the first time console wars ever hit me. I've never been a 360 gamer, honestly ive been playing snes and gamecube on purpose, simply for the choice in games. So, to have content unavailable, delayed, or even mix-matched is completely new.

Yes, you are right, I did not waste any brain trying to accommodate Pattington. Im sure the sales figures are up, they always change. Honestly, you think Sony Corp is going to tank Microsoft empire over a game console? *edit: or vice-versa? Sony is no lightweight either*
They basically give all their business to Intel, processor empire.

Why should I be impressed if 'x console' is better than 'y'? For what, one more month, when the market changes Regardless of anything except Complete Innovation. What actually moves the market to bring customers? Ill tell you what, its not the platform, because I could gladly drop xbox for the old super nintendo.

The games had much better story lines, more attention to small details, and on the whole, lasted much longer. FF7 could easily be soaked for 200+ hrs, when was the last campaign you played 2 months straight?

Maybe, metal gear 2: sons of liberty.. or something the size of gta 3

You both missed my argument, because its not scientifical, it IS my opinion. Out of three games I wanted this year, AC:B was most anticipated for me, Its not like there is some Impressive library of games over here. I have the $$, but there is like.. 7 discs on my shelf.. Out of most 360 games, I can only find 7 that I like. Mostly im on here because my friends play, and is nice to talk whilst crushing our opponents.

Im bored of these
Am I a troll because you all failed to acknowledge a simple point

I want Moar!, not less..

---

@Mr_Shade

I am sorry, I cannot control the masses, some of them started to get out of hand. Mostly when I saw people using images, I played the first round. Though some obviously meant to bait/insult me directly, I played nicely, in good fun. Honestly, console war is not the subject line, I cannot stop them. Nor was it my intended subject.

Basically, and mostly, I was just upset; and briefly too.
Odds are always good that in the long run, I do enjoy the franchise, more than a few mis-matched details.. If I really wanted to leave, I would have just wrote a sh&*ty email to the support team, and Actually not said anything.
---

@all..

Much different, from taking the time, register on the forums.. and structure some semblance of an argument with more content than 'omg, f-in ubi, bla blah bla' This was not a 'rant'

That being said, if I really didnt want the game, you wouldnt be hearing from me at all.

Some have the right idea..
Im no saint either, but maybe we all missed a point somewhere?

AC:B, still looking forward to getting this
Will not be looking forward to 'less missions'..

Im all about cross-platform, used to go buy an PS2, get an xbox, get a game cube, yea, when they were $100 each.. I really have better things to spend an extra $1000 a year on than switching consoles, dont you?

The only titles I want are Metal Gear, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Metroid. Sony Corp just doesnt bang them out like they used to.
---

@Windrius
PC comment, a most valid point..
>.<

Mr_Shade
11-05-2010, 11:48 AM

AC:B, still looking forward to getting this
Will not be looking forward to 'less missions'..

I'm sure the expected 50+ hours of side missions etc will still keep you happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ACB is the largest Assassin's Creed game yet.. [on any format]

I myself have an Xbox360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Serenity9066
11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Argument for exclusives: The gaming producers are companies, they get paid for exclusives.
Argument against exclusives: we get ****-tier debates. (non-factual argument, but I think most of you agree this is a ****-tier debate)

Please, stop the madness.
The complaint is about PS3 getting exclusive DLC. I don't think "which console is better" has got anything to do with that. Also, ad hominem (addressing a person's credibility instead of his point and arguments) is a logical fallacy and thus has no place as an argument, so cut it out.

Israel, you didn't exactly provided proper arguments against Pattington's, who did indeed provide legitimate sources for his. Be a man and accept that he has a point.

And that goes for all of you. If the opposition has a good, logical argument, you have to accept that. Instead of trying to refute the argument, you have to bring up an argument of your own and say why it outweighs your opponent's.

N.B. "You're wrong", "You're stupid", "That's just dumb", "I'm better than you" etc. aren't arguments.

Yeah, I just thought this was funny in general 'cause it's so typical. Didn't think someone would try to attack me at such a "personal" level.

Cry me a river! I'll just jump over it. -_-

israel959
11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
colossus_1191

good observation,

failure rate Is high
support rate gets low..
Actually, I have never seen more bricked consoles than the 360

I was never a 'fan' of 360
I new about the rrod long before I bought
the First round of new Slim model (250hdd, onboard wireless)

A bit of risk, failure rate being high at release, I guess it was more worth it to have something top-of-the-line again..

On the whole, it all ends up like we expect. Some people fall through the cracks, and get terrible/no support, some people have an original nintendo that still fires up every game perfectly.

Is hard to say, what is to much for some, and what motivates others.

@serenity9066
I think your intention was to quickly step in where you dont belong. What is blasphemy about my opinion? Im not allowed to have one?

Next time I need to make a decision for myself, I'm going to PM you instead, since you got it all figured out.

Serenity9066
11-05-2010, 12:02 PM
colossus_1191

good observation,

failure rate Is high
support rate gets low..
Actually, I have never seen more bricked consoles than the 360

I was never a 'fan' of 360
I new about the rrod long before I bought
the First round of new Slim model (250hdd, onboard wireless)

A bit of risk, failure rate being high at release, I guess it was more worth it to have something top-of-the-line again..

On the whole, it all ends up like we expect. Some people fall through the cracks, and get terrible/no support, some people have an original nintendo that still fires up every game perfectly.

Is hard to say, what is to much for some, and what motivates others.

Enjoy your venting for as long as it lasts.
Have a nice day!

israel959
11-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Sorry,
If you think im venting, its ironic, because that is your Opinion, just like me !

Your not going to impose your "perceptions" on my post.

We are having a nice conversation, try joining us, instead of playing soccer mom.

Mr_Shade
11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I suggest now is a good time to agree to disagree...

If this thread is going to turn into a console war, or members attacking each other - I'm closing it...

PhiIs1618033
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Israel,
The main concern of my post was to give my commentary on the style of debate practiced in the thread. The arguments were a lead up to that, so I feel it is not necessary to discuss them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

israel959
11-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Well

Serenity has only one way of interpreting what im saying. If she?he? thinks Im angry, I cant change that. I just said I Wasnt like 5 more times.. and that I planned to buy the game.

Also wanted to just wrap up with other posters

I was done a while ago.

@phiIs1618033

Is trying to agree with you, somehow, English fails to convey this.

Serenity9066
11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Well

Serenity has only one way of interpreting what im saying. If she?he? thinks Im angry, I cant change that. I just said I Wasnt like 5 more times.. and that I planned to buy the game.

Also wanted to just wrap up with other posters

I was done a while ago.

@phiIs1618033

Is trying to agree with you, somehow, English fails to convey this.

Yes... let your anger flow. It brings you closer to the dark side.

israel959
11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I once was the learner, now I am the master

Mr_Shade
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
And if this is how the thread has degraded..

It's time to go Sith.. and lock.