PDA

View Full Version : Saved Game, Lost Convoy.

propain999
01-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Its 1939 and im heading to my patrol. I take the hard lane to AN19 cutting right though hostile water dodging mines...

Either way.. I make it though while sinking a few C3's along the way.

Im making my way out and I get a report of a large convoy. I decide to save the game just in case i screw up my approach. (Im still new to the game and im also testing out RUB.

I make my way to the convoy at night at periscope depth. Suddenly a Armed trawler who is taking up the rear sees me and turns and fires destroying my periscope. I crash dive but its to late, he runs directly for me and crashes into me destroying himself. I lose control of the sub dive planes destroyed and im headed down nose first at flank speed. 4 compartments flooding. I slam into the sea bed and I had just enough time to order repairs to the bow and it was all over.

Soooo.... With that utter failure I decide to load up my save.

The convoy report is still on my Nav map and I head to find it.

No good...

Load again...

No good...

Again.... No convoy..... WTH!

So the question is, when saving the game do ship positions get altered from reports? Im not talking about visual sitings...

Thanks

Jose.MaC
01-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Whenever you save the game, any ship close to you will loose its way points. So if the convoy was near to you, is quite likely they've lost their waypoints and are just wandering arround, crashing between them and running aground.

paulhager
01-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Jose.MaC:
Whenever you save the game, any ship close to you will loose its way points. So if the convoy was near to you, is quite likely they've lost their waypoints and are just wandering arround, crashing between them and running aground.

Perhaps I don't understand the issue here but I've never had this happen. I've frequently saved the game in the midst of an attack on a convoy and come back to it hours or days later and nothing has changed. I've also saved while shadowing convoys and later returned to the game and nothing had changed.

propain999
01-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by paulhager:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jose.MaC:

Yeah, its really strange.

All I can say is I got the report

"Large Convoy spotted"

and I said within 2 minutes of that message.

When I try to find it I can never run into it again and its probably 300km above me.

Maybe bad luck, but it was a VERY big convoy with over 12 ships, Hard not to run into at least one of those contacts.

Perhaps I don't understand the issue here but I've never had this happen. I've frequently saved the game in the midst of an attack on a convoy and come back to it hours or days later and nothing has changed. I've also saved while shadowing convoys and later returned to the game and nothing had changed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>