PDA

View Full Version : Since Nobody Helped i'll Try HERE !!!

alwolfenheiden
02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
All i want to know how to Install old Saved Files of MY CAREER Folder in which there were 43 Patrols, i've tried everything i know, but when i go to Run the Game the Continue CAREER is ALL Greyed out, and only the Option of Starting a New Career is there on the LOADED Screen, this is Disappointing that i can't load up my old Saved Patrols, Can just One or Two Modders help me i'm Cutting and pasting them in the CFG, and DATA Folders and agreeing to Replace the Files but still this doesen't work... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Please Help me ??????

TheRealWulfmann
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
So I know you understand; the careers are not in the Program files SH3 folder.
They are located in "My Documents" in a SH3 folder.
This is separate and if deleted will be remade at start up. They also containg your settings like languages sound realism level etc
You must put the old careers in that folder. If they are missing any relevant file they will not work.
Wulfmann

Blue_Ninja63
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi there,

It's been my experience that copying old files back into a fresh install of SH3 causes errors in game play. My advice is that it is better to start fresh..believe me I know how you don't want to lose those patrols.

Regards,

panthercules
02-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Ninja63:
Hi there,

It's been my experience that copying old files back into a fresh install of SH3 causes errors in game play. My advice is that it is better to start fresh..believe me I know how you don't want to lose those patrols.

Regards,

Hmmm - I've probably re-installed SH3 at least a half-dozen times with all the mods and stuff I've tried over the last year and I've never had it have a problem with keeping/re-using my old career files in the "My Documents\SH3" folders - the key is generally just to be in port (i.e., always load up one of your "in-port" saved games and not one of the "on patrol" saved games) when you make any of these big mod changes and/or re-install the game for some reason - sometimes you can get away with loading a mid-patrol saved game (especially if you just added some minor graphics or sound mods) but many times doing that will cause problems/crashes. Even when I've had that happen though, going back and loading up my latest previous "in-port" saved game has always done the trick for me.

I'd certainly recommend giving that a shot before throwing away all your old careers.

Good luck and good hunting!

alwolfenheiden
02-03-2006, 02:29 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gifYhanks Hey Guy's WOLF AND PANTHER I Totally overlooked the My Documents SH3 Folders Cheers AGAIN, SO MUCH !!!

TheRealWulfmann
02-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Blue_Ninja63:
Hi there,
Regards,

Like I said, any thing wrong and it will not work so I too have had to disgard them in careers at times.
As far as the main data folder. Once I have it modded smooth, I make a copy of the whole data folder and save it in a dated folder. If I make more mods in the game and start to have a problem, I delete the data folder and copy the last good runner in and I am back to a known perfect install. When I do a complete reinstall I delete the stock data folder and put in the last smooth modded data folder. Works ever time and I do not have to add all those many mods again.
I work very hard to earn being lazy!
Wulfmann