PDA

View Full Version : Game problem maybe just my system...

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Ok well the game runs fine, but for some reason both on and offline. I'll be flying along for I dunno 5-10 minutes.
All of a sudden everything just stops, and my hard drive light goes to work.
This typically lasts for 1 or 2 minutes sometimes. Like it's loading something major. Then 99.9% of the time when it comes back too I go from frozen in a turn to a crater.

It's really a pain as it's happened twice while on someone's six. Other times it's just a ordinary pain, but it's down right frustrating when you know you could have had a kill, and lost it to a machine malfunction.

Not to mention it makes me look like a moron when it says I crashed to everyone. I'm definitely nowhere near an ace at fighting, but one thing I do right is flying. Whether it's landing, taking off, or just cruising in formation.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Ok well the game runs fine, but for some reason both on and offline. I'll be flying along for I dunno 5-10 minutes.
All of a sudden everything just stops, and my hard drive light goes to work.
This typically lasts for 1 or 2 minutes sometimes. Like it's loading something major. Then 99.9% of the time when it comes back too I go from frozen in a turn to a crater.

It's really a pain as it's happened twice while on someone's six. Other times it's just a ordinary pain, but it's down right frustrating when you know you could have had a kill, and lost it to a machine malfunction.

Not to mention it makes me look like a moron when it says I crashed to everyone. I'm definitely nowhere near an ace at fighting, but one thing I do right is flying. Whether it's landing, taking off, or just cruising in formation.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 04:33 AM
What kind of system do you have, exactly?

Try posting in the tech support forum, Hunter will help you out if he can...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Si vales, valeo.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Sounds like something that happened to me a couple of times. I figured out that it was my screen saver trying to come on even though the computer was not idle. I turned it off while I was playing and it has never happened again. If that is the case, check also that you don't have programs scheduled to run by themselves such as virus definition updates, etc.