PDA

View Full Version : YES! I almost got blasted out of the sky by enemy zeroes and I think it's great!!!..

MK2aw
10-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Ok FINALLY!

I added "CampaignDifficulty=Hard" to my conf.ini file (in either the PF only or full IL2 installation). and guess what? No more Zero pilots flying like if they were on anti depresseant drugs!

I saw tracers over my beautiful Corsair's wings, I saw an F-6 going down in flames! Now that is exciting!!! (I never thought I would say that...)

This is defintely what PF needed (besides the rising sun symbol on an AM6-2 zero's wing).

I am a VERY happy camper.
(if you did not know the game was almost TOO historically accurate with Japanese pilots being poorly trained...)

Starshoy the developer of DGEN (the dynamic campaign generator for this sim )has been great addresing these concerns. He is really to be comended.

WHAT A GREAT GAME OLEG AND HIS TEAM HAVE CREATED!

Mk2aw

MK2aw
10-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Ok FINALLY!

I added "CampaignDifficulty=Hard" to my conf.ini file (in either the PF only or full IL2 installation). and guess what? No more Zero pilots flying like if they were on anti depresseant drugs!

I saw tracers over my beautiful Corsair's wings, I saw an F-6 going down in flames! Now that is exciting!!! (I never thought I would say that...)

This is defintely what PF needed (besides the rising sun symbol on an AM6-2 zero's wing).

(if you did not know the game was almost TOO historically accurate with Japanese pilots being poorly trained...)

Starshoy the developer of DGEN (the dynamic campaign generator for this sim )has been great addresing these concerns. He is really to be comended.

WHAT A GREAT GAME OLEG AND HIS TEAM HAVE CREATED!

Mk2aw

LeChuck59
10-26-2004, 08:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MK2aw:

Mk2aw <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm am in no way an expert, but I'm quite sure that at the beginning of the war, Japanese pilot training required a great deal more flight time than their American counterparts. I don't remember the exact numbers, and of course that went out the window later in the war when there simply wasn't time.

To really be accurate, the pilot AI should start at advanced, move towards ace, and then swing towards intermediate/beginner with very few aces. I say very few because Japanese pilots usually flew until they were killed or incapacitated. Experienced American pilots were, when conditions allowed, rotated out and sent to train the new recruits. That meant that at the end of the war, a rookie Japanese pilot would be quite a bit less effective than a rookie American.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, I'm sure it's possible.

MK2aw
10-26-2004, 08:45 PM
You are not wrong. You are dead on right.

HOWEVER...
It's a game, and if modeled totally accurate there will be little challenge besides landing on a carrier in 1943 and beyond (if you play the Americans).

It feels so much better to actually have to work for a kill in 43/44. f you are good to decent, you are still going to get the kills...just not blasting some lame duck from his 6 o'cklock.

It's a game after all and suppose to be fun. it's not fun shooting Japanes airman that make lazy turns.

Bottom line, increase the AI and it's just like IL2-FB ....a challenge. Most , will never know the difference , except that it is a fun game.

The way it shipped was simply not a challenge.(again if you play the Americans). The Japanese were asleep, I could of racked up an infinite amoount of kills (except if i died landing)

Mk2aw

SeaFireLIV
10-27-2004, 04:19 AM
This is EXACTLY what I did. At the start of the Campaign I was shocked at how mind-numbingly easy it was to shoot down zeros. They should outturn me, but they weren`t!

So I added this difficulty line and voila. Now it feels how it must`ve done for the guys at the start of the war! If a zero gets behind me there`s no way I can outturn him! I`ve had to use barrel-rolls, flying over friendly ships and even my Wingman shot him down for me, but out-turning - no way!

Be advised though that there seems to be a bit of a problem if you have too many lines in the conf under [Dgen]. It may cause beeps and crashes - It could be the Airintensity line causing it. still testing...

jesper.hs
10-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Can it be made so that us figthers are no aces when flying jap campaigns.Just flew a zero in the Wake campaing and my wing of 8 zeros +6 val
was all waistet by 10 wildcats?

SeaFireLIV
10-27-2004, 01:42 PM
At the bottom of your conf file in Fb put:

[Dgen]
CampaignAI=Easy

That`s it. Please don`t tell me you don`t know how to because I live in England and am going to bed now....

scootertgm
10-27-2004, 05:02 PM
You are correct, at the begining of the war eh Japanese pilots were the best trained in teh world. I believe they had 600 hours of training. towards the end of the war they knew only the flight basics and how to crash (Kamakazi).