PDA

View Full Version : guards in ac:b

nitres15
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
will the guards look different in ac:brotherhood?

Murcuseo
05-17-2010, 04:12 PM
maybe

Deathshennin
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Probably not, Your still playing as Ezio. I don't think allot has changed in that period.

MetalX2010
05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
but I do expect them to be smarter and to attack more :/

EmperorxZurg
05-17-2010, 04:30 PM
probably in the aspect of AI programming, but visually your playing in the same age as AC2. In fact, It's supposed to be almost right after AC2 ends, so the visuals should actually be the same.

Deathshennin
05-18-2010, 09:48 AM
The gaurds sucked as much as they did in AC1, only difference is the way to counter them.

deskpe
05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
i think thye will have some new models, along with the old ones. juat what i think!

MetalX2010
05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Deathshennin:
The gaurds sucked as much as they did in AC1, only difference is the way to counter them.

Im currently back playing AC1 and yes I've noticed the guards dont attack very frequently.
but AC1's combat is better because the attacking animation is quicker(attacks, combos and counters)... throwing knives are quickly selected with a press of a button... and when the guards attack its not just one blow, they usually keep hitting, unlike AC2 ofcourse where they barely attack and its just one attack.

so for AC:B this is my wishlist for combat:
-gaurds attack more!
-return countering to how it was in AC1 again.
-lose the weapon wheel.. it ruins the game's flow!
-bigger Focus radios (like it was in AC1) cuz in AC2 it was very short so throwing knives werent fun anymore.

EDIT: btw you wanna make an AC2 guard attack you? use special attacks(holding attack button) like throwing sand, throwing knives, sweeping etc. ... they just wont let you do it!

bokeef04
05-18-2010, 06:07 PM
if you get rid of the weapon wheel how will you select all the different weapons? don't forget in AC1 you had

sword
throwing knives/short sword
hidden blade
fists

now in AC2 we have
sword
dagger
hidden blade
fists
pistol
poison blade
medicine
coins
(don't think i forgot anything)

also you didn't have to use the weapons wheel to select everything, I'm pretty sure the sword, fists and hidden blades were hot linked to the d-pad, weapons wheel was only needed for the other items

I'd like them to do like in COR:AODA and allow you to select which weapon you wanted hot linked to which button

An_Idea
05-18-2010, 10:30 PM
theyre will probably be some of the same guard models, but new ones as well so it doesnt feel like a recycled version of ac2

JohnConnor2012
05-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Maybe they'll just give them different coloured hats, like in AC2. I had to laugh at that.

MetalX2010
05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd like them to do like in COR:AODA and allow you to select which weapon you wanted hot linked to which button

yepp thats a good idea.. the thing is they need to keep the game flowing. the wheel pause to select a weapon is a killer :S

they need to allow us to customize controls in a more advanced way.

more differences between AC1 and AC2 gaurds:
-even though AC2 archers spot you coming their way, you can still assassinate them where-as in AC1 they'll block you.
-AC1 gaurds keep coming from everywhere, but AC2 gaurds walk in small groups and after you're finished with them you can stay at the same spot and you wont be detected by someone else walking near. in AC1 they drive you nuts they just keep coming and finding you!.