PDA

View Full Version : A5U3 Too common?

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure if I have strange luck or not, but it seems that in offline campaigns using the fw190a5 I'm almost always assigned missions using U3 variant. I've tried a variety of 1943 fighter campaigns with the fw190 and get the same result. I believe the U3 model was really the same as fw190f2. If I'm in a straight fighter campaign(not JABO) wouldn't it be more likely I'd be assigned the R1 variant for bombing? I picked a 190 fighter campaign in Kursk thinking I'd being doing a lot of Il2 interceptions etc..., but all I seem to be assigned is bombing. I like bombing things as much as the next person, but this seems a little strange.

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not, so I put it out here....

Thanks,

Danger_Forward

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure if I have strange luck or not, but it seems that in offline campaigns using the fw190a5 I'm almost always assigned missions using U3 variant. I've tried a variety of 1943 fighter campaigns with the fw190 and get the same result. I believe the U3 model was really the same as fw190f2. If I'm in a straight fighter campaign(not JABO) wouldn't it be more likely I'd be assigned the R1 variant for bombing? I picked a 190 fighter campaign in Kursk thinking I'd being doing a lot of Il2 interceptions etc..., but all I seem to be assigned is bombing. I like bombing things as much as the next person, but this seems a little strange.

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not, so I put it out here....

Thanks,

Danger_Forward

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 06:39 PM
You are correct in your observation, but it is intended I believe. Starshoy programmed the campaign with the FW190A5 primarily as a fighter-bomber. With the patch (1.1b), this can now be selected by the player by creating a file called ClassesNnX.dat (see the readme for details, it is a text file). Put that file (for example ClassesDeN.dat) in the main DGen folder, in the file should be something like this:

FW_190A4=LIGHT
FW_190A5=LIGHT
FW_190A9=LIGHT