PDA

View Full Version : How do you takeoff in the Me-262???

AStotzer
01-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok, this question must have been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer using the forum search.

Everytime I try to take off in the Me-262 my engines catch fire. I have manual engine start turned on, so I have to start each engine separaratly. Basically my startup sequence goes like this:

Throttle set to 0%.
Press 'v' twice to lower takeoff flaps.
Press '1' to select engine 1. (I have the engines mapped to the number keys)
Press 'I' to start engine 1.
Press '2' to select engine 2.
Press 'I' to start engine 2.
Press '9' to select all engines.
Throttle very slowly up to about 60%.
Most times the right engine starts on fire. Sometimes I start rolling, but the next plane runs me over.

Help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AStotzer
01-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok, this question must have been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer using the forum search.

Everytime I try to take off in the Me-262 my engines catch fire. I have manual engine start turned on, so I have to start each engine separaratly. Basically my startup sequence goes like this:

Throttle set to 0%.
Most times the right engine starts on fire. Sometimes I start rolling, but the next plane runs me over.

Help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AnaK774
01-21-2005, 07:38 PM
make sure u have started both engines and they idle

select em both

keep wheel brakes on

throttle up slowly... very slowly. wait until engine revs stop rising before applying more throttle

after u pass about 70 throttle u can release brakes while keep throttling up slow

JG53Frankyboy
01-21-2005, 07:46 PM
keep the revs of the engine as max 8000 ( ore was it 8500? , well there are red lines on the gauges).

with increasing alt you can give more and motre throttle to mantain these 8000rev , so far i remember at 6000m you can give 100% throttle.
ore if you are very fasr below too, speed helps a lot to cool the jetengines in game.

GreyBeast
01-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Stuff like this should be "stickied", in my opinion. Even if a whole new "BASICS of Individual Aircraft" forum has to be created.

VOL_Hans
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, dont know if it's changed, but what I would normally do is this:

Start left engine, Start right engine. Check RPMs to be sure both were on. Set to idle.

Flaps to "Takoff"

Hold wheelbrakes, run engines up untill the plane is at 100% or begins to slide. Once at full power or plane slides, release brakes.

When ready to pull up, set flaps to "Landing", rotate, raise gear, throttle back slowly, and begin pulling flaps up as speed increases.

-HH-Dubbo
01-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Assuming the strip is concrete, I never need to lower flaps to "Landing", nor do I need to stand on the brakes up to 100%. 50% is fine for standing on the brake I have found. And you can let the engine overheat for a bit, so make sure you are taking off with full throttle.

The key is to open the throttle s...l...o...w...l...y
Also make sure both throttles are pulled back to 0% before they fire up. If they start and then idle at 1% and your physical throttle is positioned at 40%, as soon as you touch your throttle it'll jump to 40% and well, crackle crackle.
Hope this helps.

Atomic_Marten
01-22-2005, 03:27 AM
Two things only.

1.Flaps landing (I find it easier to take-off with that sett.)
2.Full throttle immediatelly on max.. Then start the engines (That was working in 2.04 just fine -- the last time I checked)

On short runways, sometimes you just do not have time to gradually increase throttle so try with this one.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Like the rest of the guys said, jets seem to be more resistant to overheat than pistons, so you may go on overheated engine longer (for sure enough for take-off).

steve_v
01-22-2005, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreyBeast:
Stuff like this should be "stickied", in my opinion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Airwarfare has an entire section devoted to guides and tutoirials, some including tracks. Guide Index (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm)

Hes one that answers the posted question.

ME262 Take Off, Flight and Landing Procedure (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_me262procedures.htm)

AStotzer
01-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try again tonight. This plane is a stick of dynamite. Everytime I take off.... BOOM!

FI-Aflak
01-22-2005, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AStotzer:

Throttle set to 0%.

Help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your fire problem is because you don't give your #2 engine enough time to reach a healthy idle before you start flooding it with gas.

There is a bug in the game, if you set your throttle to 110% before you start your engines, you don't have to wait for them to spool . . . as soon as the ignite they jump to 110% power with no flames. Life saver online. Especially in the P-80, that thing takes forever to get the engine safely to takeoff power.

Oh, in the german jets, once the engine is about 60% power you can throw the throttle around like a dead cat. you can jump 100%-80%-100%-60% in a microsecond without causing damage to the german jet engines, they only have trouble at lower power settings.

The P-80, though, you have to baby it for its full range.

PBNA-Boosher
01-22-2005, 08:13 PM
VERY, very carefully.