PDA

View Full Version : Best Jap Fighter Overall

Asgeir_Strips
12-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I Just wonder which plane you think it's the hardest to fight against? Im currently flying on a RN campaign with full realism against the japanese. And Honestly i dont think the N1K1 "George" And Ki-84 "Hayate/Frank" is that much of a threat to the F4U-1/Corsair Mk.I .
At Iwo Jima I Shot Down 2 Franks in one sortie and 4 George's in the second sortie.
And i must state, that my skills is really bad, compared to you that have played the iL2/FB/AEP series for years , i have barely played FB/AEP for 1 and a half months and PF for 2 Weeks. Anyone experienced that the enemy AI is to easy? (And yes i fly with the hardest AI setting, i think it is "Ace") But allthough when the game is patched up to its full potential, its going to be excellent. I think its really brilliant, and it's my favourite flight sim, if not my overall favourite game on PC. And this game has so much "feeling", Now i understand how difficult it was for Joe Foss to scramble in his F4F onto Approaching Zeros,Oscars and Betty's Just a couple of miles away, and with absolutely no chance to climb above them before they reached Henderson airfield.

Asgeir_Strips
12-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I Just wonder which plane you think it's the hardest to fight against? Im currently flying on a RN campaign with full realism against the japanese. And Honestly i dont think the N1K1 "George" And Ki-84 "Hayate/Frank" is that much of a threat to the F4U-1/Corsair Mk.I .
At Iwo Jima I Shot Down 2 Franks in one sortie and 4 George's in the second sortie.
And i must state, that my skills is really bad, compared to you that have played the iL2/FB/AEP series for years , i have barely played FB/AEP for 1 and a half months and PF for 2 Weeks. Anyone experienced that the enemy AI is to easy? (And yes i fly with the hardest AI setting, i think it is "Ace") But allthough when the game is patched up to its full potential, its going to be excellent. I think its really brilliant, and it's my favourite flight sim, if not my overall favourite game on PC. And this game has so much "feeling", Now i understand how difficult it was for Joe Foss to scramble in his F4F onto Approaching Zeros,Oscars and Betty's Just a couple of miles away, and with absolutely no chance to climb above them before they reached Henderson airfield.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-11-2004, 04:27 PM
The AI in the game has always been spotty at best. When you're in campaigns, unless you've modified the config, you will be fighting against all levels of AI pilots. For the most part AI opposition is pretty poor. You should try going online. Much better competition.

VW-IceFire
12-11-2004, 04:48 PM
F4U is honestly one of the toughest fighters to beat right now. Its fast, its turn rate seems to rival a Spitfire Mark VIII at some speeds, some models are supreme firepower and others have a decent level of firepower, the only thing that the Corsair doesn't have is raw acceleration...in comparison to a FW190D-9 or a Bf-109.

The only thing it has against it...that I see some pilots commit...is the instability in very high AoA manuvers. Its not so much the AoA but the combination of near stall speed or a high-G stall combined with some stick stiring and the plane just spins out. I've got alot of Corsair pilots by forcing them to overcontrol their plane...doesn't work against an experienced pilot but the average pilot is going to get whalloped if they do that...I make sure.

Asgeir_Strips
12-11-2004, 05:46 PM
I really want to play online, but i also want to join a squadron so i can be "trained" to be a better player, but the sorry thing about it is that i Live in Norway, europe, (GMT+1 hr) And all the squadrons i see is based in USA. And since the time difference is maybe 7-8hrs at best, i wont be able to participate in a squadron as much as i want to because, when "they" fly its maybe 9-11 PM at my place and then i will only be able to play for like 1hr before i go to bed. Does anyone know of a squad that is mainly "based in europe" ? And since the dedicated server is released, will there be more squadrons converting to PF standalone? I've installed PF standalone, but i have FB and AEP so it wouldn't be a problem really, but i've heard that PF runs better standalone than merged. Am i right?

CKY_86
12-11-2004, 05:53 PM
try posting this on the sqn forum