PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Display

Joachim1924
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Thankd Leitmoive.
First, yes I am using TIR4 and also POV in outside mode will give 360 scan.
Also I am flying Bob WoV.
As for flying in WW2 is was Luftwaffe pilot school when finally in 1944 March they called mechanics that were already experienced glider pilots to be trained as fighterpilots into special training. Too late however and in April 45 all of us went into infantry combat and was wounded after some weeks of combat.
But on the good side I met my wife while in school and now this 60 year married great grandfather is still alive.
Joachim.
Glider pilot 1940-42
Flugzeugfuehrer 1944

Joachim1924
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Thankd Leitmoive.
First, yes I am using TIR4 and also POV in outside mode will give 360 scan.
Also I am flying Bob WoV.
As for flying in WW2 is was Luftwaffe pilot school when finally in 1944 March they called mechanics that were already experienced glider pilots to be trained as fighterpilots into special training. Too late however and in April 45 all of us went into infantry combat and was wounded after some weeks of combat.
But on the good side I met my wife while in school and now this 60 year married great grandfather is still alive.
Joachim.
Glider pilot 1940-42
Flugzeugfuehrer 1944

leitmotiv
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Congratulations for surviving so well! You are perfectly equipped for this item with TR4. I assume you are experienced with flight sims since you mentioned BOB2 and CFS3. The IL-2 series does not have a tactical display like CFS3 has---or if it does, I have forgotten. I do not use the padlocks so I am not familiar with how they work. Maybe someone else can help with the target finding? As for the formations, the AI aircraft have been less rigorously modeled than the player aircraft and they will not be subject to the same physics as your aircraft---thus, there may be trouble keeping in formation with them. A good way to get accustomed to this flight sim is to use the Quick Mission Builder---the QMB, and shop around for aircraft you want to fly and opponents. You can choose one against one or 16 of your side against 16 AI opponents. You will soon get used to the system. I'll be glad to help, just ask!