PDA

View Full Version : Monsters?

hooo2333
06-08-2011, 02:30 AM
I just want to know. Does anyone know any information, is there going to monsters in fc 3?

LostGunner
06-08-2011, 04:57 AM
I certainly hope not!

Mr Cataluchi
06-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I think the creators of this game are going for realism over sci-fi. I doubt monsters will show up, unless Elmo makes a cameo.

k4Anarky2011
06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
EFF

NO

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Sangine12
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Smoke monster?

Mr Cataluchi
06-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Ha! Actually, if the Smoke Monster is in this game I'd be pretty excited.

When I first showed the demo video to my wife she said, "Is this a 'Lost' game?"

Fallen-Champ
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Well one site listed this info below.

"The first in-game footage of Far Cry 3 has been aired - The third installment in this sandbox first person shooter series will drop the African setting and go back to the series' roots. You're stuck on a tropical island that harbours some kind of dark secret"

I am also sure that in one of the interviews there was a mention of sci-fi that they would not discuss, who knows what plans they have with FC3

Mr Cataluchi
06-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Interesting.

I am curious on the whole "insanity" bit. A lot of captions I've read for the game state that "you're trapped on an island where everybody's insane." I don't know if they mean that figuratively or literally. If it's literal, maybe there could be some sci-fi element as to why they're all insane.

killa_677
06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Well... We're already stuck on an island full of insane people who are murdering and executing everyone. I'm sure it could get worse...

legacyzero
06-08-2011, 05:40 PM
In the Map Editor, yes. I would accept this. In a Co-op or Predator mode, this would be COMPLETELY acceptable.

Martythemerc
06-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope they have a plot and a reason for it that's not sci-fi. Fantasy is found in most games along the sci-fi line - realism is unique and NOT the norm in gaming. That's what made FC2 so good.

Ilovepho
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I pray that there won't be any freakin' mutants in FC3.

Please NO, Ubisoft!!! Thank you very much.

mikeware
06-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LostGunner:
I certainly hope not!

EVERYONE hopes not! haha

DapperHayden007
06-09-2011, 11:38 PM
As Dan Hay said, "I am not wanting the player to think something is under the bed or in the closet, their fear would be the guy who comes through your window at 3am whilst holding a knife" I'm pretty sure this means no http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

skacelson
06-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Sangine12:
Smoke monster?

Yes!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I also want something connected with LOST in fc3 (smoke monster, sonar fence, or the flashbacks would be also good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

bartje356
06-20-2011, 12:28 PM
monsters ? HELL NO ! i ope farcry 3 dont get any monsters at al . i raly realy like the insane guys but not the monsters !me and my friends are already totally fan from the insane guy with his nice speech . and with monsters it would ruin evrything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

joongooner
06-23-2011, 08:05 AM
I dont see why u dont want monsters, it was so fun to have those powers. no the game wasent realistic but it was still funny every time u clawed them and they flew up in the air.

ronster2011
06-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Dan Hay said they were also being careful about it....

you know everyone on here moaning about monsters, guess why monsters end up being in a game to add variation to things that you shoot at!

so tell me other than insane people what are you going to shoot at that is different to keep it interesting.

not everybody who is insane is violent either

There needs to be at some point an introduction of new enemies, new patterns of attack against you.

I thought the maleria effects from far cry 2 was badly implemented but sickness from a biological weapon to create super soldiers like say the movie "jacobs ladder" is perhaps a possible story line influence, tie that in with primitive peoples living on the island blending with a hearts of darkness / apocalypse now scenario of a trip down the river and the horrors you confront at the end and you perhaps have a bit of variation and a decent plot.

Throw in some experiments done on animals from the bio weapons that makes people predators (Far cry Instincts) say monkeys and you would have even more they would fight you from above in the tree tops. Other animal variations also say sharks, komodo dragons basically experimental bioweapons tested on animals to make them more agressive and heighten the predatorial skills attacking you.

Then onto humans... Humans can be varied by hunting you with dogs for instance and at night with flares and torches it would give them different attack patterns. Snipers would also be a different type of enemy. Primitive natives that attack you with primitive weapons but on mass would also make for an interesting diversion of attack patterns and then the final variation being humans that had biological weapons testing done on them.

Finally vehicles add variation also but I sure hope we get the four barrell rocket launcher to deal with them helicopters and ospreys again. vehicle chases and boat wars etc and of course jet ski and hanglider should all make a return.

Traps set for you are also like an unseen enemy so this would be a good edition obvioulsy they would also being trying to trap the escaped infected humans and animals also.

other than this natural enemies like snakes, crocodiles, sharks etc

Basically instead of saying no mutants think about it, or mabey you just like COD or Battlefield or one of those other mindless, plotless and unispiring games games like far cry 2