PDA

View Full Version : All right, so my trusty joystick is starting to fail

na85
07-14-2008, 08:59 AM
After 2 years of heavy abuse, my logitech stick has developed a loose zone on the twisty axis. X and Y still work.

I'm thinking of getting some CH pedals (Not a fan of saitek, the X52 is cheap and flimsy). Are there CH distributors in Canada? Ideally I'd like to avoid the shipping fees for trans-border freight.

BrotherVoodoo
07-14-2008, 09:48 AM
+1 on your CH decision! I have had mine for 5 years and they still work as well as the day I bought them. Very durable and accurate products.

Fighter Stick
Pro Pedals
Flight Yoke
Franken Throttle (Pro Throttle mod by Ken King)

JG52Uther
07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
na85 the CH pedals would be a great choice!
They seem to be available in Canada quite easily.One choice I found on google (lods more there if you type 'ch products Canada' )
http://www.warplane.com/Gift-Shop/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=38&CategoryId=11

na85
07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Uther. Interestingly enough that's only an hour or so drive from my house. Well done!

stalkervision
07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
My last microsoft stick finally got too glitchy for me to use it also. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

LEBillfish
07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by na85:
After 2 years of heavy abuse, my logitech stick has developed a loose zone on the twisty axis. X and Y still work.

I'm thinking of getting some CH pedals (Not a fan of saitek, the X52 is cheap and flimsy). Are there CH distributors in Canada? Ideally I'd like to avoid the shipping fees for trans-border freight.

Open it up (just did this), clean it out, over stretch the spring just a hair to improve centering pressure lost......Finally using tiny bits of paper shim the contact arms for x,y,z by placing the paper in the slot that splits the plastic yoke....Check for size and creep up on it.

Crappy Logitech Extreme 3d pro for $35 going strong after 3 years.....when it dies my MS SW PP optical guts go in it.

K2

JG52Uther
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by na85:
Thanks Uther. Interestingly enough that's only an hour or so drive from my house. Well done!

mega lol! Go to it,and pick up the Fighterstick while you are there (its only money)

Bearcat99
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
From what I hear and my experience (I have their pedals) you can't go wrong with CH.. However for the pedals I prefer the Saiteks.. For me the wider stance give me a bit more room & comfort. Also... IMO as far as a joysticks go, the MSFFB2 has no equal. I still have my original from 2001 (My son uses it..) , and I now use my original spare, and I have another unused spare in the closet that I got when I worked at Best Buy in 2004..

na85
07-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah I had an old sidewinder that was pretty good. Not sure if it still works.

mortoma
07-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
From what I hear and my experience (I have their pedals) you can't go wrong with CH.. However for the pedals I prefer the Saiteks.. For me the wider stance give me a bit more room & comfort. Also... IMO as far as a joysticks go, the MSFFB2 has no equal. I still have my original from 2001 (My son uses it..) , and I now use my original spare, and I have another unused spare in the closet that I got when I worked at Best Buy in 2004.. I have CH pedal that are 6 years old and still work like the first day I had them and never changed pots.

Would Saitek pedals last 6 years?? Even two years?? Hmmmmmmmmmm...........Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............