PDA

View Full Version : [spoiler] Rodriga Borgia in brotherhood

jalle853
11-10-2010, 06:37 AM
i just discovered something interesting.
in the singleplayer character information the assasinscreed homepage, all the way to the right ( on page 2) there is some info on rodrigo Borgia. at the buttom it says:
"Rodrigo Borgia died under mysterious circumstances, it was rumored that he was poisoned."
that could mean that you have to kill him at the end of the game and the way to get full sync is to poison him.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.c...erhood/sc/ezio.html# (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/sc/ezio.html#)
pls reply with what you think and if this seems possible to you.

Blackglasswar
11-10-2010, 06:45 AM
possible - but looking at the other characters synopsis' it could just be a history lesson. Only Nov 19th will reveal all.

Jostru
11-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by jalle853:
i just discovered something interesting.
in the singleplayer character information the assasinscreed homepage, all the way to the right ( on page 2) there is some info on rodrigo Borgia. at the buttom it says:
"Rodrigo Borgia died under mysterious circumstances, it was rumored that he was poisoned."
that could mean that you have to kill him at the end of the game and the way to get full sync is to poison him.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.c...erhood/sc/ezio.html# (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/sc/ezio.html#)
pls reply with what you think and if this seems possible to you.

I don't think it'll be at the end of the game, since he died in 1503 in real life. So I expect him to die in a scene resembling the one in the E3-trailer (since it's in 1503 as well).

jalle853
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
possibly... i didnt actually know that he died in 1503 but you could be right.

itsamea-mario
11-10-2010, 09:58 AM
erm, cesare is really the main enemy in acb, its likely that you will kill rodrogo in 1503, but the game will probably end with cesare in 1507.

Samvb1998
11-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Huh? Rodrigo borgia died at the end of ac II

itsamea-mario
11-10-2010, 10:05 AM
nah nah nah nahhhhhh.
he got beaten up, didn't die. AC2 ends in 1499, rodrigo dies in 1503.

In the book it says he dies, but oliver bowden sort of got it wrong, well i doubt he was told what happened so he just guessed.
but the point is i don't think he dies at the end of AC2, maybe a half way point for AC: B.

Jostru
11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
nah nah nah nahhhhhh.

In the book it says he dies, but oliver bowden sort of got it wrong, well i doubt he was told what happened so he just guessed.
but the point is i don't think he dies at the end of AC2, maybe a half way point for AC: B.

I'm expecting Rodrigo to be one of the last targets and after killing him the game will probably make a jump of a couple of years when you travel to Spain to kill Cesare. It wouldn't be logical if Rodrigo dies early on in the game, because the influence the Borgia have would weaken drastically with him gone and that would just be too easy.

salted onions
11-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Jostru:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
nah nah nah nahhhhhh.

I'm expecting Rodrigo to be one of the last targets and after killing him the game will probably make a jump of a couple of years when you travel to Spain to kill Cesare. It wouldn't be logical if Rodrigo dies early on in the game, because the influence the Borgia have would weaken drastically with him gone and that would just be too easy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right, since historically after Rodrigo died, the new pope basically kicked Cesare out, exiled, and left him for dead. So his life pretty much goes down hill up until the point when we kill him. We don't really need to see that.. though that would be nice.

Samvb1998
11-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Weird so ezio beats rodrigo up he goes to minerva and then when he leaves he didnt kill rodrigo
So it is a open ending
Ezio didnt kill rodrigo
While he knows that rodrigo will kill him afterwarts

well. As long as brotherhood is fun
I shall not care about the story

E-Zekiel
11-10-2010, 02:20 PM
As I have said frequently, yes, Rodrigo died under mysterious circumstances and failing health IRL. Some suspected food poisoning.

If you know much about history, you also know that Niccolo Machiavelli was actually somewhat close to him, and wrote a few books about how Rodrigo Borgia was a great guy politically and all this kind of stuff.

But then...we find out in AC2 that he was an assassin. You do the math http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

...Or, I'll do it for you. To me, I think they are trying to imply that Machiavelli poisoned him. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think they are going to flat out say that anybody directly poisoned him in AC:B. They are likely to leave it "implied". And I think that's kinda cool, tbh. Subtlety leaves things open to interpretation and that makes it cool.

Jostru
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
As I have said frequently, yes, Rodrigo died under mysterious circumstances and failing health IRL. Some suspected food poisoning.

If you know much about history, you also know that Niccolo Machiavelli was actually somewhat close to him, and wrote a few books about how Rodrigo Borgia was a great guy politically and all this kind of stuff.

But then...we find out in AC2 that he was an assassin. You do the math http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

...Or, I'll do it for you. To me, I think they are trying to imply that Machiavelli poisoned him. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think they are going to flat out say that anybody directly poisoned him in AC:B. They are likely to leave it "implied". And I think that's kinda cool, tbh. Subtlety leaves things open to interpretation and that makes it cool.

So you're thinking that Ezio won't be the one killing Rodrigo? That would be a letdown, to be honest. Come on, how awesome would it be to finally kill him? They have an amazing history together:

Rodrigo kills Ezio's father and brothers => Ezio wants revenge and hunts Rodrigo, while doing this he kills so many Templars that he becomes their biggest threat since Rodrigo is their leader => They have an ultimate showdown after over 20 years and Ezio decides to spare Rodrigo even though he's been hunting him for so long => Even after Ezio spares his life, Rodrigo sends his son and an entire army to attack Ezio's village and to kill Ezio's uncle, Mario.

I mean, com on, Ezio's gotta be freakin' ****ed to hell! It would be a shame if their story didn't end at the hands of either Ezio or Rodrigo.

bokeef04
11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
nah nah nah nahhhhhh.

actually Ezio spares his life in the book aswell, Rodrigo kills himself by swallowing poison

hewkii9
11-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm calling that Ezio's campaign against Borgia sets Cesare into such a rage that he is the one to kill a meeker, wiser post-Vault Rodrigo.

E-Zekiel
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Perhaps. But he has evolved past the personal vendetta. So it would not surprise me if it wasn't him to finish Rodrigo off.

bokeef04
11-11-2010, 05:18 AM
isn't it believed that Cesare poisoned his father? or have i misread something(i mean in RL, not the game)

Justin125
11-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Well it would be kind of weird if we did kill Rodrigo...I mean Ezio left him alive cause him living knowing that he wasn't the prophet was a punishment... only to kill him later on in life...kinda dumb

ninja_7_7
11-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
isn't it believed that Cesare poisoned his father? or have i misread something(i mean in RL, not the game)
It is believed but no one knows.