PDA

View Full Version : Petition for higher population limit

MendedFlesh
09-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I am starting this post to try to get a higher population limit for consoles. I would really like unlimited population limit for offline games. I would like atleast population limit of 200 for consoles please.

MaDeToFaDe
09-14-2010, 05:37 AM
It won't and can not happen. Our consoles suck.

GunnersMate07
09-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Again.... Its a hardware issue. Not simply a design issue. The PC version has NO cap. There is simply not enough memory on the consoles to allow a higher number of units. (512MB on 360 compared to the 4GB minimum you will see on current PC specs).

MendedFlesh
09-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Cant they just like use up more GBs on the PS3 hard drive data to make more units. For example it costed me 3.5 GBs to install the game, so can they make it use up like 10GBs and then make it work?

Chrstianwiik
09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
im afraid i have to take the partypooprs side this time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

They are right u cant have that on a consoll but maby when the ps4 or the new xbox comes out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Im actually impressed that the xbox can handle even this game and many others cause if u have opened ur xbox like i did u will see that it isent allot to brag about inside http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

(free time limit)

koolhandluke777
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM
No, cant be done.

GunnersMate07
09-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by MendedFlesh:
Cant they just like use up more GBs on the PS3 hard drive data to make more units. For example it costed me 3.5 GBs to install the game, so can they make it use up like 10GBs and then make it work?

When saying there are memory limitations, it always refers to RAM, not harddrive space. Both the consoles only have 512 MB of RAM (which was outdated the minute the consoles were released). This is the problem with consoles versus PC's. The consoles are like 5 year old computers. A new console released today would have anywhere from 4-16GB of RAM.

Edit: Wow I just looked at the PS3 specs (I own a 360). The PS3 doesnt even have a full 512mb of RAM. It has 256mb of core processor memory, and 256mb of vRAM. To put that into perspective, current PC video cards (vRAM only) have between 1-4GB just for video! And then in addition to that add 4-16 GB for core processor RAM. So yeah, the consoles are really really outdated compared to PC's. Hence, unit caps.

Chrstianwiik
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by GunnersMate07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MendedFlesh:

When saying there are memory limitations, it always refers to RAM, not harddrive space. Both the consoles only have 512 MB of RAM (which was outdated the minute the consoles were released). This is the problem with consoles versus PC's. The consoles are like 5 year old computers. A new console released today would have anywhere from 4-16GB of RAM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a question...
do u think that when the new xbox/ps4 is reasesed that they can handle the Total war games??

Traviz06
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I dont want a increase in pop cap, that allows you to turtle up a overwhelming offense and go for the rush like every other rts out there.. keep the limit low and you have to.. *gasp* strategize?

Ben-S
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Unfortuantly the Consoles only have 512mb of RAM, thats a tiny ammount compared to even my (very) low end computer, unless people make consoles better, theres not alot you can do about it.

It's not that they don't want to give you more units, its that they can't.

MendedFlesh
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
thanks for the replies

C3G Jester
09-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I am against this petition one cuz it wont work and second is that there is alot of players out there who has more just cuz they played and once u look closely, some of them will have more than 50 or 100. I am most definetly against this

Liquid Cheese
09-14-2010, 06:26 PM
I'd love a higher population limit, just not over 100. This is supposed to be a tactical game, not SC2.

Afc_andy
09-15-2010, 02:12 AM
tbh I am not bothered about the pop cap. I rarely reach 100 units when I play. I would rather they added unlimited time than a higher pop cap.

Ghoullio
09-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Both the consoles only have 512 MB of RAM (which was outdated the minute the consoles were released). This is the problem with consoles versus PC's. The consoles are like 5 year old computers. A new console released today would have anywhere from 4-16GB of RAM.

EVERYTHING is outdated the minute it is released. Even your precious PCs are outdated the moment they hit the market. Research is at least ten years in advance of where the actual point of sale is.

I prefer console gaming because A.) I don't have unlimited resources to continually buy new PC hardware to allow myself to play the games that come out on PC and B.) because I like being in the living room playing on my large screen TV with the rest of my family instead of secluding myself in a dark corner hunched over my laptop for several hours.

I'm tired of these ****ing matches between consoles and PC. One group likes one thing and the other group likes another. That's simply how it is.

Popcap is fine, EVERY RTS out there has a popcap. We should be thankful that they even made an RTS for the console seeing how it's a complete gamble and there is a VERY small market out there for people who buy RTS games for consoles. Basically, if it's not effing Halo-related, it's not guaranteed to make any money.