PDA

View Full Version : Is this suppoed to happen?!

maussimo010
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I hear absolutely NO voice dialogue when I am in the city...i hear voice when i am back in the lab, but no voice dialog when i can actually see Altair speaking with NPC's...am i missing a system setting or something?

or is this how the game is??

robatubisoft
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, you have something messed up. I was just thinking how I wished the vendors would be quiet once in awhile. Getting tired of them trying to sell me stuff.

maussimo010
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
I am at my first eavesdropping after being demoted, with the two black robed men, and i heard nothing at all from either one of them, though i saw them talking...is this how its supposed to be??

EpicRawr
11-14-2007, 08:54 PM
No, something wrong with your a) Xbox B) Game settings.

maussimo010
11-14-2007, 09:06 PM
im playing on a PS3, 2.00 firmware...full-on professional home theatre setup, I have not had this problem with any other games...i checked the sound settings on the ps3 and then in game just to make sure everything looked ok, and no sound during cutscenes...some npc's talk, like the guards if i run thru a spot fast, bu none of the major 'cutscene' dialoge in-game is able to be heard...any ideas?

Zikro
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by maussimo010:
im playing on a PS3, 2.00 firmware...full-on professional home theatre setup, I have not had this problem with any other games...i checked the sound settings on the ps3 and then in game just to make sure everything looked ok, and no sound during cutscenes...some npc's talk, like the guards if i run thru a spot fast, bu none of the major 'cutscene' dialoge in-game is able to be heard...any ideas?

That's what you get for buying a PS3... Heh, joking. No, but seriously... call Sony and complain. That's not how the game should be.

maussimo010
11-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Problem solved, it was just that somewhere along the line my setting for Dolby II was not set on Dolby II...found that out and set it correct, no problems now...boy, hearing characters talk realy made the game come alive!! hehe

now, if i could just shut that lady up who is beggin me for spare change while im tryin to destroy Tamir!!

allthiscrap
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by maussimo010:
Problem solved, it was just that somewhere along the line my setting for Dolby II was not set on Dolby II...found that out and set it correct, no problems now...boy, hearing characters talk realy made the game come alive!! hehe

now, if i could just shut that lady up who is beggin me for spare change while im tryin to destroy Tamir!!

Haha, I just pushed her away. I didn't actually mean to, but I pressed circle. =D

Gokuak
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey maussimo010, I am having the exact same problem. Do you mind telling me exactly how you fixed your issue?

maussimo010
11-17-2007, 06:47 PM
my problem was that one of the presets on my home theatre receiver had somehow gotten switched to an output format that I guess the ps3 couldn't recognize, so all I did was a scroll through my available settings, like Dolby, Dolby II, Dolby pro-logic,etc...make surenyou do it while a cut- scene is happening so you can see if any audio changes are made...good luck