PDA

View Full Version : Career help

Hostrup
04-17-2005, 04:27 AM
This is a really stupid question, but how do you advance? I have started from day one and chosen the mission where you set out from kiel to patrol grid am24, and I won fairly easy, but how do I get on to the next mission. When I get back to my office, and press mission, It just want to start the same mission again. Why not the next one? Isnt the game progressing automaticly?

Hostrup
04-17-2005, 04:27 AM
This is a really stupid question, but how do you advance? I have started from day one and chosen the mission where you set out from kiel to patrol grid am24, and I won fairly easy, but how do I get on to the next mission. When I get back to my office, and press mission, It just want to start the same mission again. Why not the next one? Isnt the game progressing automaticly?

veovis39
04-17-2005, 05:33 AM
Check the date. Are you sure time hasn't move forward? Sometimes the game makes a mistake and sends you to the same patrol area twice in a row, especially if you loaded a save during that mission.

Hostrup
04-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Time has moven forward, and I played the mission without any saves, so that cant be the problem. Why isnt there a "next mission" button or something.

veovis39
04-17-2005, 05:46 AM
What version of the game do you have? I know it was different in 1.00, but I upgraded before I ever played. In 1.01 or 1.02 you just click the map when you get back to your office and you get your next mission.

Hostrup
04-17-2005, 06:14 AM
I have the first versions, can't get the updates to work.

Dominicrigg
04-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Hostrop you dont really have missions

You get told to patrol a grid. You should not just patrol it for one day and then go home, you should sail around till you are low on fuel or torpedoes and then head home.

Some people leave the square they are told to patrol and some dont bother going at all, do what you think is fun (or patrol the grid if you want to play like real life)

Finally when you get home they will give you a new area to patrol, but sometimes if the grid is important, say off the coast of england you will get the same area to patrol again. Dont worry though the same things will not happen again because the campaign is dynamic. So it will have changed while you were away and different ships will be there.

For hints and tips check out my website and it will give you an insight into playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hope this helps!

Hostrup
04-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey thanks man... But how do I know if I have "completed" ? When I get paid?

Another question, how many torpedos do you have onboard and how many can you buy extra http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif?

OH, and when I have Ô┬┤completed all assignemnts on each mission, do I then just go to the surface, press escape and then "save and Exit" or what do I do?

Hostrup
04-17-2005, 09:20 AM
.bump (sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

quillan
04-17-2005, 10:10 AM
You can't "buy extra" torpedoes. The ship can only hold so many. How many depends on the U-boat type you're assigned to. Assuming you started in 1939, you'll either have a IIA (can hold 5 or 6 torpedoes total, I forget just which), or a VIIB (holds 14 total). You can switch around what types of torpedoes you want to bring, but cannot change the total number.

As to finishing the patrol, you've got two choices. First is to sail back to your home port. Once you get within 10 kilometers of home, you can surface, hit ESC, hit END PATROL, and choose the DOCK AT: YOURHOMEPORTNAMEHERE to finish with some bonus renown. If you run out of fuel, or don't want to spend the time doing it, you can surface out at sea, and providing you're not detected by enemy, hit ESC, hit END PATROL, and choose RETURN TO BASE.

I recommend staying out until you're either A) low on fuel, B) out of ammo, or C) fatigue is just getting so bad that you can't function. If you keep the crew rotating into quarters, C shouldn't happen.

At any time, you can hit the F8 key to bring you to the objectives screen. Every patrol in the career will have two objectives. Once will be to reach a grid square. That square usually changes from patrol to patrol. The other will be to patrol that grid square for 24 hours. Those don't have to be 24 consecutive hours; you can leave the square and come back to it. Usually, I do my 24 hours and then move on to better hunting grounds, but you can stay there and hunt if you like.

HeibgesU999
04-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Sometimes uboats were sent to the same patrol grid patrol after patrol after patrol.

S VIIC_41
04-17-2005, 11:43 AM
How much bonus renown do you get for docking at the base? I'd consider doing it if it was worth my while... to save up for a Type XXI and maybe some acoustic torps when the time comes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Speaking of which, when exactly do you get T-IVs? Me want a Falke ;d

JebUSMC
04-19-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't know if you get any bonus renown for docking at base but you won't get any promotions for your crew unless you dock at base. Promoted crew = longer on station/increased skill.

Maj_Death
04-19-2005, 03:38 AM
You get 100 bonus renown for docking at base. You get promotions and medals regardless of whether or not you go to the trouble of docking dispite what the previous poster claims. One more tip, press "i" to see your torpedo loadout while in mission. Also try F1, that gives you the list of commands.

JebUSMC
04-20-2005, 01:35 AM
That's funny. I always got a 'no promotions available until you complete a patrol' thing when I just did a quick return to base. I also didn't get credit for a completed patrol. (number of patrols completed = 0 ) That was before 1.2 though.