PDA

View Full Version : How the hell

stumbuck
11-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Can all these people be asking for new game modes and most of us cant even get on to play any modes in multiplayer

This is so annoying looks like they have rushed the release and now most of us are suffering.

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 12:53 AM
why can't you play?

stumbuck
11-21-2010, 01:21 AM
I cant seem to join a game I can spend over 1 hour just trying to enter 1 game and the last 2 games i have managed to enter have been less than 60 secs from the end

Its really annoying and a major dissapointment

postwick
11-21-2010, 01:44 AM
sounds to me like you have a poor connection. I play over and over with little wait time.

stumbuck
11-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Well i have a decent broadband connection and i live in Australia, but there are heaps of people suffering the same problem as my self with joining games issues

Hope they fix it soon

postwick
11-21-2010, 02:23 AM
you live in Australia. there's your problem. your connection locally may be good, but to connect across the planet to the Ubi servers it is NOT a good connection.

jamom1
11-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Ah the old poor connection problem, I tried to boost connection (this might help) I got x2 paper cups, x1 length of string placed 1 cup on my modem and 1 cup on my PS3 and entered the game session, not sure if it made the connection faster but hey if I where you I'd give anything a go, this game is amazing.

piggypig890
11-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by stumbuck:
i live in Australia

There's your problem. Aussie gamers get really screwed with these games that don't provide localized internet servers. Black Ops fixed theirs from MW2's and now everyone in the world can search for games locally.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Actually Brotherhood games are player-hosted. Or were in the beta, at least. Can only assume this is still the case.

I play in NZ, and I get a pretty reasonable connection and get into games fast enough.

There's some known matchmaking glitches being worked on though, I've run into a couple here and there, but only been stuck for ages a couple of times.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 09:38 AM
It takes time for alliance. And I can't even find any games at night. And too many people are playing black ops. We need more people that play this game.

Mr_Shade
11-21-2010, 10:42 AM
The current match making issues are being investigated, so please keep an eye open for news soon.

pntbalr13
11-21-2010, 10:56 AM
It's not just the Aussies. I live in the USA and I have the same problem. Sometimes I get in a session in 5-10 minutes, but I've had wait times of over 1 hour. I hear they are trying to get a patch out for it Dec 10th.

The multiplayer rocks, but the load times (for many of us) are ridiculous. Let's not blame ubisoft too much yet though. I'm sure they are trying to help.

stumbuck
11-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah I hope they fix it fast. When i get into a game i dont seem to suffer from any lag related issues like I have seen other people complain about.

I just cant find a game unless I want to sit there for 30 mins over and over quitting and joining and sitting idle with 6/6 members n stuff

UnsentSoul
11-21-2010, 06:53 PM
As someone stated previously its a player to player connection? Just like MW2? How do they not think they will have the problems like MW2 did? Will there be a day where you can stab someone from accross the entire map? Just wondering.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by UnsentSoul:
As someone stated previously its a player to player connection? Just like MW2? How do they not think they will have the problems like MW2 did? Will there be a day where you can stab someone from accross the entire map? Just wondering.
Nope, but you can already shoot them across the map if you want.

berm87
11-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm wondering if the matchmaking system is similar to the Bioshock 2 multiplayer. If it takes more than a few minutes to find a match, or players aren't joining your game, it's probably a good idea to leave the matchmaking system and try again.

You see, with the BS2 multiplayer--for one reason or another--it'd 'forget' about lobbies or players sometimes. You'd have to refresh its memory. :B

dragonraider00
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berm87:
I'm wondering if the matchmaking system is similar to the Bioshock 2 multiplayer. If it takes more than a few minutes to find a match, or players aren't joining your game, it's probably a good idea to leave the matchmaking system and try again.

You see, with the BS2 multiplayer--for one reason or another--it'd 'forget' about lobbies or players sometimes. You'd have to refresh its memory. :B

I have found that this works well in ACB. The few times I've sat waiting for a couple minutes, I jump out and back in and it finds a session quickly.

It could also be regional issues. If the game is matchmaking based upon quality of connection to the other players, and there don't happen to be many people near you geographically who are playing, then it could take longer to get a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I do. If a map and game mode doesn't appear on the loading screen within 10 seconds, even if the players are full, it normally will never load so I just leave and retry.

I don't see why people wait over 5 minutes. I mean, do they really think they'll get a match after the first 10 minutes? It's just a waste of time and might as well re-queue

AdmiralOink
11-22-2010, 04:11 AM
im not having that hard of a time finding games amd i live on the Gold Coast in AUS. Matchmaking still isnt great tho.

Xkorpio_769
11-25-2010, 10:29 AM
On ****ing thing the ****ing creators forgot was to never put a player in the mil of a match. And it's sometime due to overloading of servers, too many people playing it, happened to me once, twice, thrice.... yeap, there could be a lot of possibilities. Could be your network too.

FANIS1993
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
bad connection is one reason why other is some people live in other countries that its day or night and thats why you may don't find a lot of people online, but today i got this problem too and i had 70% connection when i checked on my ps3 but it was disconnecting always then i was waiting for minutes to find a match and the again sighing out. so if anyone from the developers see that pls make something about this cause really its very annoying and thats why some people stopped playing and there are so few online

D173120T
11-25-2010, 01:22 PM
You might want to check your settings, on the PS3 it needs to be either NAT1 or NAT2.I have no problems getting a game at all!