PDA

View Full Version : Tournament games

CM9000WS
11-05-2007, 12:33 AM
When I start a tournament I can later see the results, but where are the played games. Are they not stored?

taraboste
11-05-2007, 03:51 AM
1) Try this Tournaments tab on the Competition List where select a tournament->TournamentInfo button->ChangeView button
2)On the database website http://cmxi.ubi.com, on the Tournaments item. There are store all the tournamnets games and results.

CM9000WS
11-05-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the answer!

I think I was not clear. I played a tournament not online but inside CM GUI.

And now I search this games :-)

diskamyl
11-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by CM9000WS:
Thanks for the answer!

the tournament games played by 2 CM personalities are actually just probablity calculations on who would most likely win the game, or how likely is it for them to draw, according to their ratings. so the games are not actually played.

however, if you insist on viewing those games, there should be an option (there was, in CM10 at least) like "watch" or "see result". if you "watch" the game, you must literally watch the game, however long it takes.

CM9000WS
11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the answers.
Maybe they forgot this feature in CM 11 - there are no tournament games in this folder.
So if I want so save games I have to play it in training mode. Here I can save each game.
There is also no auto - tournament. Even if I play a tournament only with chess engines I have to start each one separately

diskamyl
11-06-2007, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by CM9000WS:
Thanks for the answers.
Maybe they forgot this feature in CM 11 - there are no tournament games in this folder.
So if I want so save games I have to play it in training mode. Here I can save each game.
There is also no auto - tournament. Even if I play a tournament only with chess engines I have to start each one separately

it says in the readme file that tournament games cannot be saved seperately, they can only be saved totally in a big pgn file at the end of the tournament.

CM9000WS
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi, yes this say the readme.
I just made a short tounament. After the tounament is finished all menu is not available. I failed to find a way to save all the games. How does this work?

ups, there is a tournament pgn file now in the folder - sorry :-( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
Werner

Timothy852
09-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by diskamyl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM9000WS:
Thanks for the answer!

the tournament games played by 2 CM personalities are actually just probablity calculations on who would most likely win the game, or how likely is it for them to draw, according to their ratings. so the games are not actually played.

however, if you insist on viewing those games, there should be an option (there was, in CM10 at least) like "watch" or "see result". if you "watch" the game, you must literally watch the game, however long it takes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calculations are not as good as played games. I liked how the tournaments played out in previous versions of Chessmaster(I didn't have to watch them). I wouldn't have bought this version if I knew the tournaments I created wouldn't have played out.

KHollister
09-27-2010, 05:19 PM
They aren't calculated... they're played out.