PDA

View Full Version : I've had nothing but a bad experience with ACB.



Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 04:48 AM
And this is the reason. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uhkCf7dvN0)

YHHTQ
12-08-2010, 05:03 AM
I had a friend who experienced the same issue... However, he turned off the console while the game was saving his progress, so I doubt he can blame the console or Ubisoft for that.

I dunno if it's your case though.

Murcuseo
12-08-2010, 05:07 AM
So your 'bad experience' in its entirity consists of a corrupt save game? How exactly does the phrase "I've had nothing but a bad experience" summarize the game for you if all you've had go wrong is a corrupt save game.

Contact support, or start a new game. If it's wide spread issue it will get fixed. It may just be you got unlucky...

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Or buy an Xbox much more reliable.

E-Zekiel
12-08-2010, 05:28 AM
XBox is inferior since I like blurays.

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Fair do's but as a consol they are about the same apart from Xbox is made by a reliable manufacture (spelling sorry).

ElGrandeLupo
12-08-2010, 05:53 AM
I never had any issues with my PS3. It could be a problem with your hard disk or just bad luck.

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 05:56 AM
I have never bought a PS3 myself just mates of mine i know that have had issues with the console then when speaking to Sony they have been most unhelpful.

I can only say the opposite of Xbox but it does seem that all PS3 users i have chatted with on here find them fine.

Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 05:58 AM
This happened to me, on my Xbox. I've been in contact with the support for weeks and this issue has been known from launch.

Ubisoft sucks.

Redfeather1975
12-08-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't understand why there is only 1 save slot per game.
Everything rides on that 1 slot.
Even though this didn't happen to me, after I heard about it, it became nerve wracking just to think it could happen.

obliviondoll
12-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
Or buy an Xbox much more reliable.

Originally posted by Ru1986:
Fair do's but as a consol they are about the same apart from Xbox is made by a reliable manufacturer (fixed. Not far off).
I hope you're joking.
Sony has a proven track record of WAY less than 1 % failure rate since the original release of the PS1, not counting modded consoles.

XBox and XBox 360s, particularly their original release versions, fail between 10 and 20% of the time.

The first XBox release didn't come with a large enough fan for the processor, and the fan itself was a flawed design that broke down regularly. The first release XBox had the now-famous "Red Ring of Death" problem which literally hit more than 20% of customers within a year of purchase. New XBox 360s have a much more reasonable (still more than 10 times Sony's) failure rate.

But good attempt at humour.

Oh, and in terms of currently available product, the consoles are about equal, IF you ignore the PS3's ability to play Blu-Ray, or if it's not an issue for you. If you care, the PS3 is the better console, and if you don't it's still the more reliable one. There are certain XBox exclusives I wouldn't mind playing/owning, but overall I think the PS3 is a better total package.

Ru1986
12-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Or buy an Xbox much more reliable.

Originally posted by Ru1986:
Fair do's but as a consol they are about the same apart from Xbox is made by a reliable manufacturer (fixed. Not far off).
I hope you're joking.
Sony has a proven track record of WAY less than 1 % failure rate since the original release of the PS1, not counting modded consoles.

XBox and XBox 360s, particularly their original release versions, fail between 10 and 20% of the time.

The first XBox release didn't come with a large enough fan for the processor, and the fan itself was a flawed design that broke down regularly. The first release XBox had the now-famous "Red Ring of Death" problem which literally hit more than 20% of customers within a year of purchase. New XBox 360s have a much more reasonable (still more than 10 times Sony's) failure rate.

But good attempt at humour.

Oh, and in terms of currently available product, the consoles are about equal, IF you ignore the PS3's ability to play Blu-Ray, or if it's not an issue for you. If you care, the PS3 is the better console, and if you don't it's still the more reliable one. There are certain XBox exclusives I wouldn't mind playing/owning, but overall I think the PS3 is a better total package. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make some good points and finish in the best possible way with a "i think" everyones entitled to their opinion and mine is that Sony products have always let me down but Xbox i have found IMO far superior.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
I have never bought a PS3 myself...

That makes you a source of authority on the reliability of the system then... *rolls eyes* I guess we'll talk about the red ring of death in another thread...

OP - I've got a solution for you. Quit playing the game. This is not a widespread issue - otherwise you'd see it on here more. Get a refund if you'd like, check you system for issues, or just start a new game & see if it was a one-time fluke. Quit being a baby about it.

Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
It is a widespread issue you blind, arrogant *****. Just head on over to the Community Tech&Support forum on this very site and see with your own ******* eyes. This has happened to hundreds, if not thousands of people.

Buy another copy?

I ain't rich, buddy, but good try. That could almost have been a solution if it weren't a completely ******ed statement.

Quit being a baby about it?

I'm not being a baby about it, I'm just ****ed off. This has been known from launch and Ubisoft has now proven themselves to be the fastest, most responsive game developer in the world. Three weeks and their answer is; "Don't hold your breath"???

Well whoop-dee-****lng-doo!

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Wombat_1337:
It is a widespread issue you blind, arrogant *****...

Lol @ you freaking out! HAHAHAHA!! I never mentioned anything about you buying a new copy - reading comprehension 101 - & I'm supposed to be the "blind *****"? Lol!

I think I'll go have myself a beer & play my fully-functional, nearly 100%, bug & issue-free copy of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood while I laugh at your misfortune and at your amusingly childish disposition. Have a nice day, dude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Great. Have fun. Really, have fun. I'm serious.



Don't forget to test yourself for herpes, though.

xellos667
12-08-2010, 09:04 AM
They know about it, and working on it. If you know the solution give it to them. If not, then just wait. I'm sure they work as fast as they possibly can, they just don't work as fast as YOU want.

You voiced the fact that you have a problem which is fine, and if there's major bug, yes it should be expressed by the players, in a civile and mature way. And yes, there's a way to do it, and most of the times, people seems more like immature whiner and just post their rages. At this point, you can A) restart the game and don't go out of the Animus or B) Just wait for the fix by playing multiplayer or another game totally.

There's nothing else you can do, and talking about it non-stop won't help solve anything.

Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 09:08 AM
It makes the time pass faster. In fact, raging on these forums has been a much more enjoyable experience than playing the game.

Not surprising, though, seeing as how the game was all about entering and exiting an Animus in an infinite loop and occasionally jumping around on rooftops in modern day Italy.

xellos667
12-08-2010, 09:13 AM
By saying that, you're admitting that you're just plainly trolling, which doesn't help your case, or help us taking you seriously. I'm sure that there's TONS of way to spend better time than hang on a forum complaining about something you have no control on. Like I said, saying you're having a problem is fine. Just bashing and trolling about it is immature, and does not help anything.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Wombat_1337:

Don't forget to test yourself for herpes, though.

...That doesn't even make sense, but okay I'll bite.

I don't need to get tested again - I already know I'm positive. I got it from your dad after I prison-raped him. He just laid there & took it, by the way.

Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Fine, I'll just go and play a working game and pretend ACB never existed.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Wombat_1337:
Fine, I'll just go and play a working game and pretend ACB never existed. Best idea you've had all thread!

Wombat_1337
12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Nah, I believe the best idea I've had yet was to test you for herpes.

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Like I said - I don't need to be tested. I'm positive. Just ask your gay dad. You sound like you want to administer the test really bad, though. You don't have to go to all that trouble - just say what you mean. Just say, "Cherub, I want you balls. I want them so bad I can't stand it - just like my gay dad." No shame in honesty.

Murcuseo
12-08-2010, 10:24 AM
How the hell did this thread manage to get to two pages?

Seriously, the moderation of this forum is terrible now. I think the influx of idiots scared them all away...

Widow needs to come in and spread some web, catch all the annoying wee beasties that are floating about and devour them!

OGCFB
12-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
How the hell did this thread manage to get to two pages?

Seriously, the moderation of this forum is terrible now. I think the influx of idiots scared them all away...

Widow needs to come in and spread some web, catch all the annoying wee beasties that are floating about and devour them!

Now that's the best idea I have heard all thread...

ZCherub
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
How the hell did this thread manage to get to two pages? I actually agree. It's all in good fun, though...

BTOG46
12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
How the hell did this thread manage to get to two pages?

Seriously, the moderation of this forum is terrible now. I think the influx of idiots scared them all away...


Given that the influx of new players and posts, it's virtually impossible for the forum staff to read every single new post.

That's why there's that little ! in the yellow triangle at the bottom right of each post, use that to report posts to the staff, and they'll get a notification about it right away. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And now, since this thread has descended into name calling, I'm locking it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif