PDA

View Full Version : The next generation of Sim Games

aurgolo
03-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Dear folks, I was thinking to the next generation of Sim games: vocal interface.

I don't know how difficult would be, but the thing to do is to record during game installation all orders from a pre-written list and then play.
If UBI provide us with a list of written orders in different languages you play the game in italian, french, english.....
Imagine to be a real captain giving vocal orders to the crew.....amazing....!!!

Of course if you want to play with keyboards and mouse you can do it, but vocal interface makes you a real captain.....

What do you think?

Andrea

bz2uh
03-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Try Sub Command.

aurgolo
03-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Does it have a vocal interface?

bz2uh
03-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Oh yes. My wife thought I was nuts!

aurgolo
03-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Great....!!!

Mittelwaechter
03-27-2007, 04:49 AM
There's a voice command for SH3:
Check this. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9091085392/m/7401057692)

Once I was playing Enigma Rising Tide Demo to check their voice command system.
Well, my wife - while cooking - yelled back out of the kitchen: "Open pot one! Surface the dumplings! Turn to cupboard! Engage flying saucer!"
Believe me - you feel kind a stupid...

U301
03-27-2007, 08:08 AM
[I go for dumplings!! my favourite food]
Maybe your wife would like a transfer, Lol?
KUrtz.

Dominicrigg
03-27-2007, 04:34 PM
I made a voice command for silent hunter using a voice recognition program and then just setting words to certain keys (it can be done with any game).

It was real fun at first, shouting DIVE! And FIRE to make the guns shoot, and LAUNCH! for the torps. But soon got boring lol, after 10 rounds of deck gun you are ...fire...fire... lolz

It is sort of a fun idea though, but also takes a lot of work as you have to read a story to the stupid voice recognition software...

aurgolo
03-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Yesterday I was curious and tried to use a free software for voice recognition suggested by several SH3 users: shot 1.6.4
I also downloaded the SH3 voice command profile so I was ready in a few minutes (just 10 min to read the short story for voice recognition adjustment)...
Well the resuls are interesting, is very nice to command your helmsman and the crew directly with your voice like a real captain, the only thing is that too often the command given was misunderstood by the game AI.

I still do not know if it is due to:

poor mic quality (but I use it with skype and works perfectly...)
acoustic feedback (the helmsman repeat my orders and give in this way a feedback to the mic generating a misunderstanding process)
background noise which interfere with my vocal
commands
wrong mic setup (too high mic sensitivity for example)
necessity to read more and more stories in order to give better opportunities to shot 1.6.4 to recognize my voice

Have you any experience in this way?

Ciao

A

HeibgesU999
03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
SOCOM has this feature.

"Bravo, Bang and Clear!"