PDA

View Full Version : whos idea was this, plz remove from sequel

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 12:58 PM
lol im all up for npcs doing things, to make it realistic

but man

i hate the beggar woman
and the crazy people who hit you

i mean that woman, the amount of times she causes me to get into huge battles because instead of throwing or punching her i do what comes natural to every gamer and stick my blade in her neck

and the other ones who punch ya, you trying to pickpocket, trying to walk blended just casually walking aound and get punched

tone it down a bit lol, that woman, its like altair is a magnet, and teh guys just hit you for the sake of it.

killer77
11-17-2007, 01:02 PM
*regular person walks bye*
*altair walks bye*
*crazy guys punches him*
i seriously hate those guys

Ace426
11-17-2007, 01:03 PM
hehe would have been nice if the begger buged someone else i would be right next to a target to pickpocet see a begger she doesn't do any thing to other people i walk past "plz plz you dont under stand i need money" i stick my blade in her neck 100 guards are after me

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ace426:
hehe would have been nice if the begger buged someone else i would be right next to a target to pickpocet see a begger she doesn't do any thing to other people i walk past "plz plz you dont under stand i need money" i stick my blade in her neck 100 guards are after me

i havent tried it but i probably bet my money she would free run after me and it i jumped off a cliff she would follow me.

Ace426
11-17-2007, 01:07 PM
lol i am going to try that :P stupid beggers

Srikandi
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
i do what comes natural to every gamer and stick my blade in her neck

Been gaming since before you were born, young'un, and I don't do that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Piecycle
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Theres an achievement for throwing them guys..I don't remember how many you have to throw though.

I usually just tackle them.

AldirTheKnight
11-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Piecycle:
Theres an achievement for throwing them guys..I don't remember how many you have to throw though.

I usually just tackle them.

25, I got 6 people online playing the damn game lol

Kaxen6
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I just wish the crazy guy and the beggar lady would harass other NPCs sometime... that'd be kind of funny...

Though, if Altair can hide as a monk/priest/scholar, why does the beggar lady ask him for money? those weren't high paying jobs...

NorthernAvengeR
11-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I hate those guys. They hit me so I hit them, but then the guards get mad. And those damn beggars with their rocks. BTW the enemy of the poor achievement do i throw the ******s/drunks or the beggars? I've been throwing them all over the place, but no achievement yet.

Rogue4152
11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
the crazy drunks kept pissing me off at the docks. i get to a boat and start running to jump and boom!! hed push me into the water. then i went and killed them all and then continued my assassination http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

rubent1981
11-17-2007, 01:34 PM
hell yes. i myself find the crazy dudes who punch you so **** annoying they throw me agaist guards and then i get into this big fight right infront of a side mission or investigation and i'll have to run miles to get back -.-

Deadly_apples
11-17-2007, 01:38 PM
People are going oh those beggars get in the way and annoy me .

The reason why they are in the game is because they are there to annoy you.

And the drunk are there to make you act strategicaly in situations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I agree the troublemakers should interact with other NPC's but maby that will appear in the sequal.

I like that they are in the game because its something to interact with =)

AldirTheKnight
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by NorthernAvengeR:
I hate those guys. They hit me so I hit them, but then the guards get mad. And those damn beggars with their rocks. BTW the enemy of the poor achievement do i throw the ******s/drunks or the beggars? I've been throwing them all over the place, but no achievement yet.

Harassers

NorthernAvengeR
11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I know they are called harassers, but who are they? ******s or beggars?

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Deadly_apples:
People are going oh those beggars get in the way and annoy me .

The reason why they are in the game is because they are there to annoy you.

And the drunk are there to make you act strategicaly in situations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I agree the troublemakers should interact with other NPC's but maby that will appear in the sequal.

I like that they are in the game because its something to interact with =)

i know what the yare for, itsd just not necessary lol. whoever thought of them should be fired lol

damn beggers and stuff. im gonan go on a rampage soon and slaughter them all

luke100
11-17-2007, 02:03 PM
i've found that if you grab and push the beggar woman you can just walk by her and she takes a hint but if you come back she just doesnt get that i have a blade and she annoys me......

luke100
11-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by NorthernAvengeR:
I know they are called harassers, but who are they? ******s or beggars?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Ekardt
11-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Harrasser = beggars. And ive mastered my grab throw for the drunk *******s. Practice and theyll never harm you again. And the main thing that pisses me off more than ANYTHING is that the beggars throw rocks at you if you're climbing. Even if you never touched them. For no reason. like wtf.

NorthernAvengeR
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
They're like "please don't leave!" And when you climb on something they get pissed and throw rocks at them. I wish Alta´r could pick up rocks. Non-letal throwing knifes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

NeoshinobiX
11-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah I hate the drunks/******s the most especially when im doing timed assassinations for the informer...

Good idea but failed because they only do it to Altair.

deskpe
11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
hey guys! we need tose people, they make the game more fun!

i'll rather have them then not have them, but they should make it so the go on npc's too sometimes

Sterski
11-17-2007, 04:14 PM
what i don't get is, what are beggers doing in the rich district, THEY'RE POOR PEOPLE FOR THE POOR DISTRICT

iPlunder
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
what i don't get is, what are beggers doing in the rich district, THEY'RE POOR PEOPLE FOR THE POOR DISTRICT

Do you ever see homeless people asking for money from homeless people? If you were poor and had a tiny bit of money i doubt you would give it away.

xekushnr
11-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I HATE the drunks. One informer mission had me failing at least 5 times (its the one where you have to kill 5 guards in 3 minutes). I was doing good, on my way to the last guy with more than a minute left, and I had to blend because of a group of guards. As I'm walking by, I see a drunk coming in to view from the left side, and I knew what was going to happen. I tried going farther to the right, but he got me, and threw me RIGHT into the lead guard in the group. They instantly engage me. Mission failed, again.

Ekardt
11-17-2007, 09:31 PM
By the way, they seem like olden-time crackheads more than anything. The way they twiddle their thumbs, chatter to themselves, and their paranoia.

Moros
11-17-2007, 11:11 PM
why do they ask altair for money anyway, the point of the white robe is to make them look like a priest or scolar, havent they every heard of the oath of poverty.

GeneMech1
11-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah, damn insane people... If they attacked everyone, I'd like that... But, maybe they have that, "intuition..." No nevermind, that's gay, screw them.

And because the beggers annoy me so much I rise above the 3 Rules and Shank her in the neck. I swear.

EggPlanted
11-18-2007, 01:24 AM
The panhandling (begger) woman. She was annoying as hell. Yes, I could've just snuffed her out but there were guards nearby and I didn't want to harm her and cause a chaos because I was focused on doing missions.

Ironically, though, when I first started the game, I didn't know the citizens were not supposed to be harmed. LOL.. I just went about, killing some here and there. ::hangs head in shame:: It was fun though !

~~~

The people throwing rocks at you as you're climbing up a wall. I didn't mind that. If anyone else has seen the E3 '06 development demo gameplay video footage, you will see that and they strongly emphasized that crowd and their reaction was one of their main focuses in the game. Whereas in other games, the people don't react much to what the main character you play as was doing.

cannondave29
11-18-2007, 02:15 AM
I agree i wass in an informant mission to assassinate a knight and i was trying to blend and reach the knight from the back and the stupid poor lady kept jumping infornt of me until i stabed her and blew my cover lol

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
tone it down a bit lol, that woman, its like altair is a magnet, and teh guys just hit you for the sake of it.

I like the beggars - I'd hate to see them removed from a sequel. I like to either throw them or assassinate them.

The crazy guys and the drunks are annoying though, but I think I'd even miss them. I so like to assassinate them.

Sometimes annoyances like these make the game seem more real. If they were gone the game would be missing some of its atmosphere.

I would like the option to give the beggars money though, and perhaps to be kind to the crazy people so that instead of punching you they helped you out when you were in a fight. Same with the drunks - give them a drink and they'll become an ally.

GuStick93
11-27-2007, 06:53 AM
just sheat your sword and they will run away
but for the ******s and drunk ppl,cant stand those idiots,i had to restart 3 times the garnier mission coz they blew my cover every single time ! i really wanted the blade in the crowd achievement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

eWaster
11-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Aww will you stop crying people! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Without harassers we would experience 20 times as many threads about "omfg game toooooo easiy gief diffycurltz", investigations would be terribly easy and we would have no civilians to kill with an actual reason! Please stop whining about this brilliant feature for god sake.

Iam8_Bit
11-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Actually, those Beggars remind me of the n00bs in MMO's who beg for cash....

Onijin
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
My only problem with the harrasers is that they don't do it to other NPCs.

Personally i think a great idea would be that while blending or low profile, the harrassers would be equal towards harrassing you and other bipassers. While in high profile, target you more.

Another problem i had, was with the beggers and not being able to move them to the side with the push away(?) or.. free hand command.

Other than that, i really don't have much problem with the harrassers (yes they are ANNOYING), but i think that the game is better with them in than out.

GuStick93
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Onijin:
My only problem with the harrasers is that they don't do it to other NPCs.

Personally i think a great idea would be that while blending or low profile, the harrassers would be equal towards harrassing you and other bipassers. While in high profile, target you more.

Another problem i had, was with the beggers and not being able to move them to the side with the push away(?) or.. free hand command.

Other than that, i really don't have much problem with the harrassers (yes they are ANNOYING), but i think that the game is better with them in than out. agree,game would be too easy without them,iv failed a LOT of informant or pickpocket missions because of the drunk people,and the beggars,whenver i tried to assassinate a guard for an informant,stupid beggar would go to the front,i press assassinate,and kill her by accident