PDA

View Full Version : People are too harsh!

ROTC4612
11-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Well ive just spent the last half hour reading reviews on PF and having my oppinions thrown into question a number of times. My conclusion is that people are expecting waaaay to much out of this sim. Quit ragging on all the tiny little flaws and enjoy the darn game for what it is. Can you people ragging on this game honestly expect something 100% perfect? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif To sum it up quit whining and quit bringing an outstanding sim down and enjoy what it has to offer.

~S~ ROTC4612 Good hunting guys

ROTC4612
11-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Well ive just spent the last half hour reading reviews on PF and having my oppinions thrown into question a number of times. My conclusion is that people are expecting waaaay to much out of this sim. Quit ragging on all the tiny little flaws and enjoy the darn game for what it is. Can you people ragging on this game honestly expect something 100% perfect? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif To sum it up quit whining and quit bringing an outstanding sim down and enjoy what it has to offer.

~S~ ROTC4612 Good hunting guys

LuftKuhMist
11-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Onliners are happy and offliners aren't.

madsarmy
11-02-2004, 01:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftKuhMist:
Onliners are happy and offliners aren't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mainly play offline.

"I'M HAPPY"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tommybomb-droopy.jpg

Phil_C
11-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Im offline, just cause i havent really got the t 'sperience under the belt with it yet, but so far i am vERY happy with it, so much so i may go get the IL2 addons and reinstall it as an addon to that...

(i have IL2 but none of the extra packs)

and I actually like this better than LoMAC, simply cause i can crank the graphics way up (but i dont get the cool lookin water) and it still playes great!

WUAF_Badsight
11-02-2004, 02:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROTC4612:
To sum it up quit whining and quit bringing an outstanding sim down and enjoy what it has to offer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
is only butt kissing going to be allowed at this forum now ?

its a fact that PF isnt what it should be

its by far & away no-where near a Gold product

in the dictionary , pointing out things that are wrong is not a whine

a Patch is coming , we will be getting back to FB's level of detail hopefully

Philipscdrw
11-02-2004, 03:24 AM
I like the way PF was released. The game isn't fully polished or complete, but I'm glad to get some of PF now and the rest in the patch. And there would be a patch if PF had been released complete anyway, to correct the bugs we spot.

MA_Moby
11-02-2004, 03:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
is only butt kissing going to be allowed at this forum now ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When posts that are critical of Ubi and its products for valid reasons get deleted or locked, you begin to wonder!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
a Patch is coming , we will be getting back to FB's level of detail hopefully <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A patch is coming! It's a familiar refrain. Get a product right first time and patches become of less importance. We all know that Ubi do a wonderful job of supporting a product post release. But when there is such a relience on a patch to give us the game advertised on the box it makes me wonder if this game wasn't released too early (it time for the key pre-Christmas retailing period perhaps).

Sorry if that sounds too harsh, both of this forum and the game, but people are entitled to their opinions, no?

The_Ant
11-02-2004, 03:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuftKuhMist:
Onliners are happy and offliners aren't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No as an offline player im very happy.As an online im unhappy,theres constant whinning,you cant too that in that plane,that plane should not do that,,,etc.And the usual killsteal ****heads every time i try too play online i have fun in 30-min to 1 hour then im fed up.Played on a freinds lunched server this weekend had too leave,and my friend had close the server because of killstealing,vulching,teammatekilling,and we had written rules against this but hell no do people understand,no more serverlunching for this game.

WOLFMondo
11-02-2004, 03:44 AM

its by far & away no-where near a Gold product

its a fact that PF isnt what it should be
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you got PF yet?

Have you played any other PC game in the last 5 years? Theres been a 1000 more buggy games released. PF is relativly un bugged given its complexity. Games like UT2003, BF1942...massive releases were far more buggy than PF, they were totally unplayable, crashed all the time etc. Apart from the now fixed Beaufighter campaign there was nothing preventing me from having an excellent 'offwhine' experiance as a WW2 aviator in the Pacific.

What do you mean PF isn't what it should be? Did you write the design documents for 1C:Maddox? Did you sit in those design meetings and set the goals for 1C:Maddox to meet with this? Apart from missing a few torp planes as flyables whats wrong with it? It has all the things needed for sim in the pacific. Given the time needed to model and program planes what were people expecting? Prior to PF there were allot of people demanding PF ASAP then they get it with a few minor issues then they whine about what they perceive as an unfinished product. I wouldn't be suprised if Oleg knocks it all on the head after BoB given the negativity he gets from this forum.

WUAF_Badsight
11-02-2004, 04:04 AM
have you looked at the bug report threads lately ?

WOLFMondo
11-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Yeah, 99% of issues are trivial bugs that don't really affect playing the sim. Granted there are a few issues, theres no denying that but things like the F6F prop turning the wrong way or muzzle flashes appearing a few feet below where they should on AI only planes isn't exacly major.

Belive me, I work in software development and QA and from a proffesional stand point many of these things are easily resolved and the core of the product is well put together, especially given the complexity of it, the age of the engine and the fact that the players demanded allot and mostly got it all.

Philipscdrw
11-02-2004, 05:44 AM
There's nothing seriously wrong with the game. IMO the main problems are low support for complete newbies (wheel chocks, F4F u/c, ect), old outdated interface, and inefficient CD/piracy protection.

[Edit - hit post too early]

I don't think getting 2/3rds of PF early is a bad thing. I am pleased to have some of PF now, and the rest with the first bug fix patch, instead of getting all at once but a fortnight later.

actionhank1786
11-02-2004, 06:53 AM
You have to realize though that Ubisoft was pressuring Oleg to get this thing out the door by Christmas.
Yeah it seems a bit early, but it's November 2nd and i for one, still dont have my copy living here in the Midwest (missouri) of the United States.
So marketing time is a big thing.
Alteast we can all be happy knowing that Oleg has never failed to listen to our complaints and fix them when he's proven they need fixing (The .50cals, the Muzzle Flash, etc.)
So i think people here on the forums really should cut this "This game blows i wasted my 40 dollars" bull shat.
If you can't constructivly give some facts or support your case with anything more than "The Plane doesnt fly the way i think it should" then you should bite your tongue and hold out till a patch.

LEXX_Luthor
11-02-2004, 06:53 AM
Like all of 1C Games products, FP runs Perfect out of the box (for me)...and with ATI~9200 I mean perfectly stable, not the grafix "perfect" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I could not install FP until I re~install Windows, but only cos I porked my Windows Install system by manually cleaning house of adaware during the summer...that was before I got teh FireFox browser.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif ~&gt; http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I do see a rushed product in FP, and amazingly, developer Oleg has posted that he agrees. This dude is freaking Awsum. UBI is porked. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Capt._Tenneal
11-02-2004, 08:35 AM
No this is an open forum and I don't expect only "butt kissing" posts in here, but what rule is it also that says only when you post criticism could you be considered an "objective" observer ?
Just because one does not toe the Oleg/UBI company line, we should all look to them for truth ? I think not. All sides have something valid to say.

Just as there are "butt kissers" there are also "mud slingers".

crazyivan1970
11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Healthy criticizm is a good thing, as long as it conducted in the respectfull and productive manner.

The190Flyer
11-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Yes there are a lot of complaints on here about PF, but somewhat ridiculous complaints also, like FM of certain planes are off..wahh oh well git over it. Just give it some time and a couple of patches and PF will be a very solid performer.

P.S.- My only complaint is Carrier bombing, a million bombs make it sink after a half hour, but napalm takes it right to the bottom??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Oh well I still enjoy this game very much.

S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

a.k.a. BIFF P-51 PILOT in ubi.com lobbies

Slingn
11-02-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm not a butt kisser, but the game has been good for me right out of the box. It seems most of the real whines come from from guys that have just recently become members of this community. The guys that have been here for a few years realize the way it works, and know how the developer stands behind his products. At least thats what i was told, and its all turned out true so far. They know all the major issues will be addressed, and even the minor things get fixxed, and that doesn;t even include all the free stuff given to us in the way of additional planes, and maps, etc. This is way more than we see out of other developers. CFS anyone? For some to complain like thay do proves they are either uneducated about the product and developer, or just some spoiled little bed-wetter that needs to go back to his console game.