PDA

View Full Version : The Shroud of Turin in Revelations?

Rich2133
06-25-2011, 07:58 AM
I remember watching on the History Channel a few months ago and it talked about the Shroud that possibly was wrapped around Christ might have been in Constantinople until a huge battle where it then ended up in France years later. I am wondering if this might be one of the piece's of Eden for this game. I know its already considered a piece of Eden so maybe we might come across it in this game. What do you think?

Rakudaton
06-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Nice idea, but nope. The shroud has already featured in AC via Project Legacy. If memory serves, it was hiddden under Monteriggioni until Mario Auditore led some men under there to retrieve it (gaining his lovely facial scar in the process due to a trap). So it's probably not in Constantinople.

Rich2133
06-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Nice idea, but nope. The shroud has already featured in AC via Project Legacy. If memory serves, it was hiddden under Monteriggioni until Mario Auditore led some men under there to retrieve it (gaining his lovely facial scar in the process due to a trap). So it's probably not in Constantinople.

This is from the Assassins Creed Wiki page

"With a team of historians and architects, Mario searched for any record of the artifact, but only found vague references to the city well. He and a team of soldiers eventually found a hidden entrance on the back wall of the well, and were led into a narrow corridor filled with traps. As they passed through it, many men lost their lives to the razor wires, pitfalls and tripwire arrows, with Mario himself losing his left eye to a swinging pendulum.The hidden Shroud in its box.Eventually, the few remaining men reached the final room, which only contained a simple wooden box. All present heard a voice that promised to heal their injuries, but as Mario warned his men not to open the box, they attacked him. The condottiero was forced to kill them, and only just managed to return to the city, ignoring the screams and temptations projected into his mind by the artifact.
Fearing its powers, Mario hid the Shroud temporarily within his Villa, then sent for his brother, Giovanni Auditore, who took the Piece of Eden far away from Monteriggioni. The Shroud was no longer mentioned afterwards, and Mario dismissed it as 'the Brotherhood's problem now.'"

So Mario had Giovanni take it from the city so who is to say that he had it sent to Constantinople? But we shall see.

twenty_glyphs
06-25-2011, 08:56 AM
The Shroud would have been in Constantinople before it turned up in France in the 1200s and 1300s. One of Ezio's ancestors arranged to have the Shroud stolen and replaced with a forgery (the forgery being the Shroud of Turin known today, which isn't the real Shroud of Eden). The Shroud was hidden under the Auditore Villa in the 1300s. Sometime in the latter half of the 1400s the Templars knew it was under Monterrigioni and Mario led the defense of the city against them. Then he searched for and found the Shroud hidden under the city. He had the Assassins take it away, and they took it to Agnadello, Italy. After that we don't know much, other than the Shroud was likely still in Agnadello in the early 1500s and that it seems Abstergo bought it from someone in Milan, Italy in 1944. It could have stayed in Italy for 400 years, or it could turn up in Revelations.

RzaRecta357
06-25-2011, 09:36 AM
In project legacy the brotherhood have it. An assassin had a baby with Lucrezia Borgia and it was dying.

He took said baby to the shroud (I forget where it was) and stole it even killing many of his own.

He wrapped the baby up and was killed by his favourite pupil.

Baby borgia grew up with them but always heard voices and could commune with the apple of eden.

Yadda yadda he has a voice in his head because of the shroud and can see his dads memories of the man his father killed to get the shroud. A templar whom tried to heal himself with it but instead the shroud disfigured him completely.

Baby borgia went to mexico and found a crystal skull POE which in AC1 is said to help communicate with each other.

No one, not even baby borgia could make it work. (Perhaps because the others weren't found yet?)

Although I think baby borgia (I forget his name obviously) some how seen visions from it that taught the assassins who to transmute metals into pure gold.

So now we know where they get their money.

Anyway, in the holiday packs...during WW1 the germans had the shroud and during Christmas the Nazis and Allies decided to put their weapons down and share christmas.

When the templar german commander shook the allied commanders hand, he was either stabbed or shot from a hidden device.

Assassins once again had the shroud.

Skip through to I think 1930 or our time and I think the templars MIGHT have it again or maybe the assassins through some shifty deals.

It's literally been months since I beat all the things on Project Legacy so I may be off on a few details but that's pretty much the jist of it.

The assassin's had it stashed some where during revelations I think.

CRUDFACE
06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
In project legacy the brotherhood have it. An assassin had a baby with Lucrezia Borgia and it was dying.

He took said baby to the shroud (I forget where it was) and stole it even killing many of his own.

He wrapped the baby up and was killed by his favourite pupil.

Baby borgia grew up with them but always heard voices and could commune with the apple of eden.

Yadda yadda he has a voice in his head because of the shroud and can see his dads memories of the man his father killed to get the shroud. A templar whom tried to heal himself with it but instead the shroud disfigured him completely.

Baby borgia went to mexico and found a crystal skull POE which in AC1 is said to help communicate with each other.

No one, not even baby borgia could make it work. (Perhaps because the others weren't found yet?)

Although I think baby borgia (I forget his name obviously) some how seen visions from it that taught the assassins who to transmute metals into pure gold.

So now we know where they get their money.

Anyway, in the holiday packs...during WW1 the germans had the shroud and during Christmas the Nazis and Allies decided to put their weapons down and share christmas.

When the templar german commander shook the allied commanders hand, he was either stabbed or shot from a hidden device.

Assassins once again had the shroud.

Skip through to I think 1930 or our time and I think the templars MIGHT have it again or maybe the assassins through some shifty deals.

It's literally been months since I beat all the things on Project Legacy so I may be off on a few details but that's pretty much the jist of it.

The assassin's had it stashed some where during revelations I think.

Lol, baby borgia, now I'm always going to think that's his name. It's giovanni, and his father put the shroud back after he used it in agnadello.

But the last person to take it was a templar agent during the war from a shop owner who didn't know what it was.

But around this time...I'm pretty sure the assassins are supposed to have it.

Rich2133
06-25-2011, 03:53 PM
ok it was just a thought and it seems like according to the supposed history ya'll are right and it would have been away from the city at the time of Revelations, It would have been a cool thought though...