PDA

View Full Version : What are some other forum's for the IL2 sim?

FoundryWork
10-28-2009, 09:55 AM
How about it? This forum has to moderate, censor and lock certain threads out of existence to pander to the sims parent companies business interests.

No, I am not implying that the admins here are corporate errand boys....oh wait, yes I am....

What are the choices for IL2 simmers who want to discuss subjects that are taboo here?

No, I am not implying that the admins here are corporate errand boys....oh wait, yes I am....

Thanks!

AndyJWest
10-28-2009, 10:04 AM
You can Google 'All Aircraft Arcade' - we aren't allowed to give a link for that.

The primary reasons this forum doesn't allow mods to be discussed here are:
(a) The mods are a breach of the end-user agreement, Ubi natuarally doesn't want to endorse this.
(b) A lot of the 'mods' about from dubious sources do things like changing flight models, damage models etc - cheating in other words. It is in nobody's interest to encourage this.
(c) If this forum started to offer support for mods, it could swamp the forum. The best place for advice with mods is the place you got them.

Though Ubi's business interests are also no doubt a factor, I think this is entirely reasonable seeing that they pay for the forums.

EDIT ----

I'm not an admin, or a moderator. Who (and what) are you? Do you live in a dark cave by any chance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Andy, he's not talking about the mods, I know what issue he is talking about.

FoundryWork, Google is your friend. As for the moderators, we have rules to follow just like you do, we may not always like it but we do it. Oh, and according to the Terms of Use you agreed to when you signed up to these forums, these kinds of grievances are not to be discussed in a public thread, PM a moderator or a forum manager.

Bearcat99
10-28-2009, 11:09 AM
To answer your question see the Essentials link in my sig.

Re locking..