PDA

View Full Version : Different hidden blade assassinations?

Sireyz
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm really impressed at the amount of animations in this game. It seems every time I play it I see a new counter or a new climbing manoeuvre that I hadn't seen before. Last night my brother was playing while I sat nearby, he grabbed my attention so that I caught the end of an assassination animation that neither of us had seen before.

It was on an ordinary guard and as far as I could tell was done with all the normal circumstances. I can't remember what he told me happened at the start but it finished off with Altair sort of cradling the victim and slowly lowering the guys body to the ground, similar to how he cradles the boss assassination guys to talk to them. So far the only animations I have seen on normal guards are the grab mouth and stab from behind and a simple stab to the front. My brother thinks he approached "sort-of from the side" (whatever that means) but I've been walking around all day assassinating guards from different angles to try and reproduce this kill but I can't do it. Has anyone else seen it and/or knows how to pull it off?

AltairAssassin1
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I know what animation your talking about. It's only happened to me once on just a normal guard. Not sure how I did it either, but try standing still and assassinating the guard. But my guess is that the different assassination animations happen at random.

all_alone_
11-28-2007, 10:31 PM
i get lots of differnt ones by either the high or low profile actions. like to get that one you need to start to run right when your right next to your victim i think. hope that helps

elvenmonkey13
11-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Dont run at the guard and hold down the high profile button and assassinate. Thats how I got it a couple times.

Desiiner
11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
i know exactly what your talking about i have done it a few times you have to go high profile and be next to the guy and then hit assassinate i know there are at least 2 in this way one from the front and one from behind so in more detail of what your supposed t5o do is be litterally right next to him hit the high profile button and then the assassinate button and you should do it

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure i've seen all of them, The only one i have trouble getting sometimes is the one where he grabs them from the back, Throws them 2 their knees and throws his left hand up in the air 2 take out his hidden blade and then stabs them in the neck... It seems 2 happen when you're chasing someone in high profile and you jump and directly after you jump you do it... But not always...

Sireyz
11-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Yep you guys were exactly right. I didn't even realise or think of using high profile when not running. Can do it easily now. Thanks for the help. =)

all_alone_
11-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
I'm pretty sure i've seen all of them, The only one i have trouble getting sometimes is the one where he grabs them from the back, Throws them 2 their knees and throws his left hand up in the air 2 take out his hidden blade and then stabs them in the neck... It seems 2 happen when you're chasing someone in high profile and you jump and directly after you jump you do it... But not always... \]

just go into high profile when our right behind your target, always worked for me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SpyderNynja
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
the one where he drops the victim to their knees and swings his blade up in the air (like the innocent he kills in the start of the game) is just full of win http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif