PDA

View Full Version : Ho do i change take off point...

Lt.Davis
03-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Any expert here can teach me how to take off from other places like hanger instate of runway in FMB.

Thanks in advance!

Lt.Davis
03-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Any expert here can teach me how to take off from other places like hanger instate of runway in FMB.

Thanks in advance!

JR_Greenhorn
03-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Hmm, no such luck I'm afraid. The takeoff waypoint snaps to the nearest runway end, but you can drag it away again. However, if you drag it away but it is still close to the airport, you will start on the runway anyway.

An alternative is to experiment with off-runway takeoffs. Find a nice stretch of road somewhere away from airports and drag the takeoff waypoint to the road. Roads are narrow and difficult to use as runways, but they can be a lot of fun. You can also make some neat "airports" based off road runways. I once made a mission with using a straight stretch of road as a runway, surrounded by forest. I used lots of camo nets and trees to hide planes and a few support vehicles, tents, etc. Then I had planes take off from the road to intercept enemy flights. It turned out pretty well, and was a neat effect compared to the run of the mill FB airports.

I think if you set takeoff waypoints for multiple plane flights in an open field, they will takeoff abreast like they were on an aerodrome.

Yet another option is to use the airport objects to make a faux airport somewhere on open land. You'll have to come up with a way to define the runway, but you could then easily put a takeoff waypoint by a hangar first to make the pilot have to taxi out to the runway.

-HH- Beebop
03-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry, no can do. The FMB snaps you automaticly to the end of a runway.
You can however place a hanger at the end of the runway.

If you want to takeoff in open country just drag the takeoff icon from the runway to wherever you want it. (make sure your second waypoint is in a clear line of sight w/no obstructions and you have enough "level" ground to takeoff from).

-HH- Beebop
03-09-2005, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JR_Greenhorn:
You'll have to come up with a way to define the runway, .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Airfield Campfires do nicely. To set up straight lines choose an aircraft, set a waypoint, set a second waypoint. Auto straight line. Add 3 more waypoints in a narrow rectangle and you have the outline of the runway. Set the campfires on the waypoint lines, (not too straight now), delete the aircraft you used and there you go. Instant makeshift runway.

Lt.Davis
03-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys!

LEXX_Luthor
03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Just tried placing a Static Test Runway with one end inside open hanger. You start facing inward, easy to turn around and taxi outside (used F2A2) but you blow up when you taxi off the raised test runway platform onto the airfield. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Maybe there is a way.

-HH- Beebop
03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Just tried placing a Static Test Runway with one end inside open hanger. You start facing inward, easy to turn around and taxi outside (used F2A2) but you blow up when you taxi off the raised test runway platform onto the airfield. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Maybe there is a way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Try placing two strips end-to-end if you need more room, and try placing them side-by-side inside the hanger.
Oddly enough these temporary airfields are flush when placed in water. Too bad they aren't the same way on solid ground. Obviously it can be done as witnessed by all the "Temp" landing fields on the PF maps.

LEXX_Luthor
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
The problem is I want to taxi off the Static Runway onto the classical FB/PF airfield.

Actually the STRs are too long; I just need them to fit inside a hanger.