PDA

View Full Version : Question (AC1)

LaCava1
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey everyone. I'm replaying AC1 and AC2 before Brotherhood comes out. I've just started AC1 again, and I remembered a burning question from the first time around;
All the guards scream "INFIDEL DIE!"
What does Infidel mean? Is it something like scum, or another insult?

ninjasownu
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
A person who doesnt believe the same religion as you.

LaCava1
10-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks very much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
I dont get Ac1. Obiously Altair is a Muslim name, but he sounds like a Christian. What i mean is for example the Templars and the Christian king these town cryers moan about, So is Altair Christian and Muslim? Like Dad Muslim Mommy Christian? Also what i hate about Ac1 is theres no info. Ac2 provides info about Ezios backround. Ac1 just provides you with a master assassins turned into a noob by a templar assasin

ninjasownu
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Altair had no info because he was trained an assassin. Think of it like hitman game series. He was grown up to kill and serve the creed.

AnthonyA85
10-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
I dont get Ac1. Obiously Altair is a Muslim name, but he sounds like a Christian. What i mean is for example the Templars and the Christian king these town cryers moan about, So is Altair Christian and Muslim? Like Dad Muslim Mommy Christian? Also what i hate about Ac1 is theres no info. Ac2 provides info about Ezios backround. Ac1 just provides you with a master assassins turned into a noob by a templar assasin

Acording to the Assassin's Creed wiki, he did have muslim and christian parents, but he was taken from them at a young age.

Though, I think the general concensus is that he has Spiritual beliefs, so he doesn't follow any particular relegion, (he's neither Christian or Muslim) but he's also not an atheist.

Preversive
10-25-2010, 09:27 PM
His official youth was being trained by Al Mualim, not seeing, nor speaking his parents, when they died, "he felt like strangers passed away) (CODEX, AC2) He has grown up, not to believein something, neither does he now.

"Infidel" is the Arabic word for "disbeliever" or "non-believer" someone that does not "believe" in Allah.

And no, he's not a muslim, nor christian http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif