PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed beats Assassin's Creed 2

Snake_EyesSpy
07-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I say Assassin's Creed beats Assassin's Creed 2 because Alta´r does a much neater job than that ******* called Ezio. And Alta´r also is much cooler with his tactics for such an time. So I say Assassin's Creed 2 broke the series.

xChupa
07-11-2010, 04:43 PM
You think AC2 broke the series just because Ezio wasn't as skilled of an assassin as Altair? Whaaa??

The entire point of AC2 was that Ezio was not a master assassin from the beginning, and you had to follow him through his training. It's all part of progressing Desmonds storyline with the bleeding effect.

Besides, in AC:B Ezio will be a skilled master assassin so maybe that game will "un-break" the series for you.

jimbo11235813
07-11-2010, 04:45 PM
IMO, AC2 is better. Although I liked how you could plan your own approach in AC1, assassinations and variety makes AC2 a little bit better.

Whenever I try to play AC1, it feels slow, the buildings are boring (all the same colour, although fantastically made.) But with AC2, I can just play for an hour performing awesome kills (doing no primary missions), and I'm not bored of the missions yet (played through almost 4 times).

P.S. Although Altair was skillful, I hated the fact that Altair FORGOT how to grab a ledge, counter attacks, etc. At least in AC2, Ezio didn't have to ask Mario how to grab a ledge.

SupremeCaptain
07-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
IMO, AC2 is better. Although I liked how you could plan your own approach in AC1, assassinations and variety makes AC2 a little bit better.

Whenever I try to play AC1, it feels slow, the buildings are boring (all the same colour, although fantastically made.) But with AC2, I can just play for an hour performing awesome kills (doing no primary missions), and I'm not bored of the missions yet (played through almost 4 times).

P.S. Although Altair was skillful, I hated the fact that Altair FORGOT how to grab a ledge, counter attacks, etc. At least in AC2, Ezio didn't have to ask Mario how to grab a ledge.

About Altair gripping the ledge, he used those special gloves that protected his hands. If he grasped for a ledge without 'em, possibility that Altair would of had a broken hand after.

bearsbball11
07-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:

These are pretty much my exact thoughts on the issue

edzilla_551
07-12-2010, 12:07 AM
besides what kind of master assassin cant swim lol, snake eye spy not to be rude but what game were u playing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

darkus13
07-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I agree that Altair is worlds better than Ezio as a character, but not because he is a master assassin, but rather because he is more pondered, more philosophical, less flamboyant, less of a womanizer, a bit more serious. Altair seems to be one of the most awesome characters out there, while Ezio is somewhat of a wuss. Maybe in AC: Brotherhood we will see more of a wise Ezio, due to his age.

EzioAssassin51
07-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by darkus13:
I agree that Altair is worlds better than Ezio as a character, but not because he is a master assassin, but rather because he is more pondered, more philosophical, less flamboyant, less of a womanizer, a bit more serious. Altair seems to be one of the most awesome characters out there, while Ezio is somewhat of a wuss. Maybe in AC: Brotherhood we will see more of a wise Ezio, due to his age.

Why is Ezio a wuss? He seems to be able to own guards quicker and while losing less health than Altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

El_Sjietah
07-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Why is Ezio a wuss? He seems to be able to own guards quicker and while losing less health than Altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Don't play AC with your finger on the counter button. Once you get the timing right, you'll cut through guards like buttter.

EzioAssassin51
07-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Don't play AC with your finger on the counter button. Once you get the timing right, you'll cut through guards like buttter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't though! Even when you go full out assault, you still slice through them as easily as butter!

El_Sjietah
07-12-2010, 04:50 AM
That's my point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

AC killing is way quicker than AC2 killing from my experience.

darkus13
07-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkus13:

Why is Ezio a wuss? He seems to be able to own guards quicker and while losing less health than Altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not like that. That doesn't reflect the character but rather the gameplay. Think of his attitude and personality.
BTW, if Altair had his armory with him(like Ezio has) he would be like 10x stronger.

Snake_EyesSpy
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by darkus13:

I might have skipped some information but my point is totally the same as darkus. So yeah. I think that an Assassin like those two(Ezio and Alta´r) should have more like Alta´r. So I really think Ezio won't make an Proffessional Master Assassin like Alta´r does. He pwns everybody much better and cooler than Ezio. Ezio shouldn't be in the series at all. He totally broke the series. And it would be much, much, much better if they replaced Ezio with Alta´r instead.

SWJS
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Allow me to bring up a few points I made in another thread.

Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

If you pay attention, Ezio goes through what Altair goes through, although differently. His father and brothers are murdered, and his mother becomes a shocked mute. Therfore, he loses his parents. Ezio also get's involved with the Brotherhood at a young age. And like Altair, Ezio progresses. He wises up, and even admits how arrogant and naive he was. It was the mission in Venice, after Rosa hands you the ship log and you talk with Leonardo. He even gives up his quest for revenge and goes on about being the Prophet. He isn't young and Naive after that.

For quite some time after his Mistakes, Altair still thinks himself better than the other assassins. Altair was young and naive just like Ezio in AC1. He only wrote the codex in his later years, when he was older, mind you, and he never would have made the map if he hadn't had the POE. Essentially, Altair had help from what the TWCB, making him no more than a wise plagarist. They really aren't that different.

To be fair, Altair gets stabbed by his own master. After this, he still continues to be a lapdog to him, throughout the entire game. Ezio starts off free. He joins the Brotherhood and accepts it on his own free will. Not through the promise of wine and women. And if Ezio hadn't gathered the codex in one spot and had it deciphered by Leonardo, the modern day guys would still be looking for it, and they'd have to waste time deciphering the pages themselves. Not to mention they use Ezio's memories to train him. Sure Altair gave him eagle vision, but the rest came from Ezio.

As such, they are both important, both awesome, and both just as essential to the plot as the other, as without either of them, the plot would never have advanced and the world would be toast. It doesn't matter who came first. The master will always have an equal successor. Claiming Altair came first and set everything in motion doesn't make your opinion any more correct.

Ezio is just as good/important as Altair, and is more than just some 'naive boy'. Altair wasn't the perffect assassin everyone makes him out to be either, he made mistakes, and he was young and arrogant too. They are very much alike, and without either of them, we wouldn't be where we are today.

So yes, we will miss Altair, and currently we have Ezio to to worship as a badass. When AC3 comes around, we'll have yet another new Ancestor, and the cries for Ezio will mimic the cries for Altair.

It doesn't matter how much the other one pwns. That isn't the point. Plus, keeping Altair in a setting set nearly 300 years later, wouldn't make much sense.

Ezio becomes a professional Master Assassin by the end of AC2, and will be one throughout ACB. The devs have even said instead of being driven by vengeance, which he clearly gave up on at the end of AC2, he knows what the Templars want and will instead fight for what's right.

without Ezio, we wouldn't have AC2. So if he weren't in the series at all, we wouldn't, well, HAVE a series. In reality Ezio actually helped drag the series out of the pit and make it greater. Doesn't matter how he fights, or how he pwns, he's still an important character, and is still very influential to the story.

Snake_EyesSpy
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Allow me to bring up a few points I made in another thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

If you pay attention, Ezio goes through what Altair goes through, although differently. His father and brothers are murdered, and his mother becomes a shocked mute. Therfore, he loses his parents. Ezio also get's involved with the Brotherhood at a young age. And like Altair, Ezio progresses. He wises up, and even admits how arrogant and naive he was. It was the mission in Venice, after Rosa hands you the ship log and you talk with Leonardo. He even gives up his quest for revenge and goes on about being the Prophet. He isn't young and Naive after that.

For quite some time after his Mistakes, Altair still thinks himself better than the other assassins. Altair was young and naive just like Ezio in AC1. He only wrote the codex in his later years, when he was older, mind you, and he never would have made the map if he hadn't had the POE. Essentially, Altair had help from what the TWCB, making him no more than a wise plagarist. They really aren't that different.

To be fair, Altair gets stabbed by his own master. After this, he still continues to be a lapdog to him, throughout the entire game. Ezio starts off free. He joins the Brotherhood and accepts it on his own free will. Not through the promise of wine and women. And if Ezio hadn't gathered the codex in one spot and had it deciphered by Leonardo, the modern day guys would still be looking for it, and they'd have to waste time deciphering the pages themselves. Not to mention they use Ezio's memories to train him. Sure Altair gave him eagle vision, but the rest came from Ezio.

As such, they are both important, both awesome, and both just as essential to the plot as the other, as without either of them, the plot would never have advanced and the world would be toast. It doesn't matter who came first. The master will always have an equal successor. Claiming Altair came first and set everything in motion doesn't make your opinion any more correct.

Ezio is just as good/important as Altair, and is more than just some 'naive boy'. Altair wasn't the perffect assassin everyone makes him out to be either, he made mistakes, and he was young and arrogant too. They are very much alike, and without either of them, we wouldn't be where we are today.

So yes, we will miss Altair, and currently we have Ezio to to worship as a badass. When AC3 comes around, we'll have yet another new Ancestor, and the cries for Ezio will mimic the cries for Altair.

It doesn't matter how much the other one pwns. That isn't the point. Plus, keeping Altair in a setting set nearly 300 years later, wouldn't make much sense.

Ezio becomes a professional Master Assassin by the end of AC2, and will be one throughout ACB. The devs have even said instead of being driven by vengeance, which he clearly gave up on at the end of AC2, he knows what the Templars want and will instead fight for what's right.

without Ezio, we wouldn't have AC2. So if he weren't in the series at all, we wouldn't, well, HAVE a series. In reality Ezio actually helped drag the series out of the pit and make it greater. Doesn't matter how he fights, or how he pwns, he's still an important character, and is still very influential to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still, even if they didn't create Ezio they could've continued with Alta´r's storyline. Ezio isn't really a great person he's more like an idiot to me. He is less serious than Alta´r. I know he is important I give him credit for that, he is also kinda cool for wich I also give him credit. But Alta´r really should return. Alta´r was a lot more fun to control. And his set of clothes are waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than Ezio. What kind of assassin wears an cape? He would break his neck jumping all of those buildings with that cape.

Kinda weird X.X

Black_Widow9
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Please use this Thread-
AC1 better than AC2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2281008558?r=2281008558#2281008558)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>