PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Before Death Target's Conversation

DescentedAngel
08-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi!
I have a major complaint to make about AC II and brotherhood, so far, and I want to see if I'm the only one having it.
It's about the conversations with the targets right before they die. In AC I the conversations indicated the two different opinions on the subject. For example the mad doctor in Acre supported that he was saving his captors/patients and that he was not conducting experiments on them but Altair said that he was taking them against their will. My opinion is that those arguments are half the game because firstly they make you understand more and secondly you learn something from them and they make you think and decide for yourself what is right and what is wrong because both opinions have some truth in it at some level, well maybe not the exact example I brought but most of the others. Also, that way builds little by little Altair's character.
On the other hand Ezio is a cold blooded spoiled boy with no thinking of his own. When he finishes his target he says one or two totally insignificant words with absolutely no impact at all. Where are those great conversations like the one from AC I that was burning the books or the Templar on the ship? The one and only speech in AC II that has some weight is the one before the ending with Borgia during the fight.
My point is that AC II and Brotherhood are swallow. Yes the average player wants a game just to walk and slaughter everything that doesn't agree with the player but if they put some deeper speeches in the following games won't affect the gameplay but it will make it more interesting for those who want something more. There was a whole ideology behind AC I something the new ones lack.
Well, that is my main complaint about AC II and Brotherhood. There are many more like difficulty that I needed to fall on purpose to my death to see what happens when Ezio dies... Anyway... I hope they read that and make even better ACs in the future. Thanks for reading! Post your opinion please! Sorry for any mistakes in my english.

AnthonyA85
08-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Apparently, Ubisoft removed those frankly great scenes from ACB because some people complained and said they were not nessacary (or something along those lines), however, alot more people complained that they were taken out, and have apparently been put back in, so we will see them again in Assassin's Creed Revelations, weather they'll be as long and detailed as the ones from AC1, we don't know yet.

But I do remember Ezio having pre-death talks with most of his targets in AC2 (Viere Di Pazzi being the only exception.

So don't worry, we'll see those death talks again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DescentedAngel
08-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Well I guess then that those scenes in AC II where not worth noting so I don't remember any of them even though I've finished the game 4 times. But I remember every detail from all those scenes from AC I with the same amount of playthroughs...

ace3001
08-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
(Viere Di Pazzi being the only exception.

Why, did you expect a confession? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by DescentedAngel:
Well I guess then that those scenes in AC II where not worth noting so I don't remember any of them even though I've finished the game 4 times. But I remember every detail from all those scenes from AC I with the same amount of playthroughs...

I honestly thought that the ones in AC1 were too long and I got tired of watching them when I realized it was usually just the templar saying "What I did was just! It was right!" and Altiar saying "What do you mean? How is it just? You were ruining lives!" and then Altiar has a chat with Al Mualim saying "They are tempplars/they are bad people."

Valaquen_
08-27-2011, 04:57 AM
There are many more like difficulty that I needed to fall on purpose to my death to see what happens when Ezio dies
I don't get the complaint ...

DescentedAngel
08-27-2011, 05:19 AM
@Valaquen_
The complaint is that AC II and Brotherhood are very very easy.
@Jexx21
They were long but they meant a lot. It's not just, "I good, you're bad". Those scenes dragged you more into the game and made you better understand what was going on. Anyway, thats the easy part, they can make those scenes in AC Revelations and just put a "skip scene" option.

D.I.D.
08-27-2011, 06:25 AM
There are a lot of great things in AC1, and a lot of people are complaining about those things being diluted. However, virtually everything in AC1 became conspicuous grinding long before the end of the game.

If we were about to start AC:R and every game since one had been shouting "THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY" then the whole strength of that mechanism would have evaporated. I'm absolutely certain we'll see more of it in the near future because the one thing every game has subtly pulled with it is that while the Templars might be "bad", the Assassins might not be "good".

DescentedAngel
08-27-2011, 06:45 AM
@DoubleclickTF
You're absolutely right about the Templar-assassins thing. The assassins are surely rotten as well.
As for the strength of the mechanism, I believe that in the beginning of AC I you thought that the assassins where completely right at anything but as the game progresses you're starting to see the conspiracy... In the second and third game there where no twists at all... Completely flat. That's what bothers me!

Jexx21
08-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by DescentedAngel:
@Valaquen_
The complaint is that AC II and Brotherhood are very very easy.
@Jexx21
They were long but they meant a lot. It's not just, "I good, you're bad". Those scenes dragged you more into the game and made you better understand what was going on. Anyway, thats the easy part, they can make those scenes in AC Revelations and just put a "skip scene" option.

The scenes to me didn't really pull me into the game...

and I was confused as hell as to why I was killing them in the first place, and the talks didn't help much. I finally figured it out when I went on the wiki and read the plot line.

I had slight troubles understanding AC2 at first also, but I got it together early on for both AC2 and Brotherhood because I knew more from reading into the wiki.

and by the way, you don't have to tell me the story of AC1. I know it by now. I think I might of had troubles understanding it then mostly because I was playing it while sick, so :/

DescentedAngel
08-27-2011, 07:04 AM
No, I had no intention to tell you the story of AC I and I didn't imply that you hadn't understand it. I just made an example to better explain my point of view. Sorry for any misunderstandings, English is not my everyday language. Some things sound better when I think them in Greek.
Anyway, what I wanted to say is that AC I has more deep plot and twists.