PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any real sub bits & pieces at home .

glenninoz
06-13-2005, 05:33 PM
I have a engine rpm dial and a piston from a german uboat. Interested to hear what other people have.

terrificfool
06-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Used to have a selection of photographs of the first U.S. submarine rescue operation. The sub(I forgot which) sunk and they brought a ship or two out to rescue the crew. The photos are on display in the St. Mary's Submarine Musuem in St. Mary's Georgia. It's a really great museum actually, they have a periscope set up that you can actually turn and use inside the building to look out over the harbor.

musketeer_kfh
06-13-2005, 09:56 PM
I have the Royal Ensign off the conning tower and stern of the HMS Oracle, a butt ugly UK Diesel Elcetric boat that was in Coco Beach FL back in 92. My buddy was on the Minneapolis St. Paul, LA Attack Boat) docked next to the Brit boat. The Brits, actually all Scots, invited us aboard to toss a couple back. The night became very blurry but I came away with the ensigns, a Union Jack, some petty officers shoulder boards, a photo of the boat signed by a bunch of the crew, and a really bad hangover.

Trydan
06-14-2005, 04:58 AM
It is not a U-boat part, but I have a roller-bearing from one of the batteries from the HMS Revenge (or it may be the HMS Royal Sovereign, not sure). No points for guessing what the "ultimate target" for my Typ-VIIC will be.