PDA

View Full Version : UGDB Brotherhood Interview *some new info*

Requiscent
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I managed to stumble upon this (http://ugdb.com/article/view/interview-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-ps3/) little interview. It provides some good insight into Brotherhood.

Apparently, we will be able to visit other parts of Italy via assassination missions, Jesper Kyd is confirmed to be returning, and Leonardo is made mention of as well.

If this was meant to be posted elsewhere or was already posted then my mistake.

phil.llllll
09-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow! Thanks. Definitely some interesting new bits in there (probably the best preview yet). Seems like some of Leo's weapons will be used against Ezio. I also like the sound of the one off missions outside of Rome.

My favorite bit: " Also, expect to visit, alongside Desmond, unique places that you would never have imagined exploring!"

Can't wait!

rain89c
09-15-2010, 09:50 PM
looks like not much new from ac2, not surprising since its just an expansion.

this caught my attention:
UGDB: It's been confirmed that there will be more modern day sequences featuring Desmond. Can you tell us more on that?

Vincent Pontbriand: Assassin’s Creed at its core is the story of Desmond Miles, so we’re pushing that story even further as well. We’ll start closing some of the doors we’ve been opening since the beginning of the franchise. Also, expect to visit, alongside Desmond, unique places that you would never have imagined exploring!

looks like we will be visiting old ancient settings a lot less in ac3, =(.

Melonomics5
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM
it is not an expansion its a full game!!!!!

phil.llllll
09-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by melonomics5:
it is not an expansion its a full game!!!!!

Agreed. It might not be as long but this has all the makings of a new and improved sequel.

Murcuseo
09-16-2010, 02:12 AM
for anyone that's interested here is Bufalini's Plan of Rome that they mention in the article.

Bufalini's Plan of Rome 1551 / 1748 (http://vasi.uoregon.edu/zoomify_bufalini.html)

JohnConnor2012
09-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Yes, very pleased and surprised that Ezio gets a couple of side-missions outside Rome, as I thought we'd be limited to 'virtual' guild training missions only.

Wonder what Leonardo tech Ezio will be up against. There's a pic of him cannonading a siege tower, but this smells of the initial villa siege to me. Leonardo's tank then, perhaps?

Thanks for the map, Robson - lovely archaic feel to it.

Requiscent
09-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Little sneaky for Ubisoft to say that Rome was the only place we'll visit, and then outright say we'll be able see other parts of Rome. I just hope that he didn't actually meant it was for the other assassins and just worded it differently, that would be a shame. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Still, my favorite part is the mention of the singleplayer and multiplayer being made by different studios, should put that whole "multiplayer will ruin singeplayer experience" comments to rest.

FrankieSatt
09-16-2010, 07:08 AM
While he says the core of the story is Desmond, all we hear about is Ezio and everything we are doing while in the Animus.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather not have the Desmond story line at all and just keep it as a story about the Assassin's.

However, they brought in the Desmond story line but nothing is hardly said about it in any of the interviews.

It seems to me that Desmond is a back story and the core story is the Assassin's, opposite of what Pontbriand said.

In any case, nice interview.

phil.llllll
09-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
While he says the core of the story is Desmond, all we hear about is Ezio and everything we are doing while in the Animus.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather not have the Desmond story line at all and just keep it as a story about the Assassin's.

However, they brought in the Desmond story line but nothing is hardly said about it in any of the interviews.

It seems to me that Desmond is a back story and the core story is the Assassin's, opposite of what Pontbriand said.

I think that's what they're saying when they mentioned what they're going to be doing in Brotherhood with Desmond's story (i.e. they're going to be tying down his place in all this and making his role more definitely known). I have a feeling he will be a lot more important than we realize by the end of ACB and will become more front and center. And technically though, we wouldn't even be experiencing any of this if it wasn't for Desmond. Him and the animus provide a nice backdrop for the whole experience and I wouldn't want to see them ditch him.

Murcuseo
09-16-2010, 10:21 AM
To be fair I've read this interview a few times now and it's probably one of the best so far. You can tell the interviwer really thought about his questions, proof read them then got straight to the point when asking them.

That shows in Vincent Pontbriands answers.

All interviews should be like this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DukeFirewood
09-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Sweet stuff mate!
Most of that info was new to me.