PDA

View Full Version : Armor and dyeing clothes

Pistol_Chimp
10-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Since assassins creed 2 you've been able to upgrade your Armor and dye your robes to customize yourself a little bit. Are those features still in revelations? I looked around and haven't seen anything talking about it. Anyone know or have a link to something?

Serrachio
10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
My only wish is that dyes should be fully buyable, and not have to rely on me spending my money over and over again.

It's not really a great money sink of sorts, and I'd rather that function be dependant on being able to buy bomb ingredients.

After all, bombs will have a more useful feature in the game, so I'd rather have to waste my money on the things to craft them.

As for Armor, I'm not opposed to another invincible armor as long as it suits the style of the game, unlike how the Armor of Brutus presented itself.

It could possibly be the Armor of Constantine or the Armor of Vlad, so long as it doesn't look stupid, then I will be happy.

I know that Gabe said that removing armor is not possible because it is linked to the progression statistics, but maybe there could be an armory feature in the game that allows you to buy the armor and then go back and equip a 'Plain Assassin Robes' armor of some kind, that has no stats but acts as a placeholder for the game's progression data.

That way, it would appease both the fans and the developers because then a player can play with no armor and yet the game can still count how far they've gotten.

It could be expanded to inventions and other weapons, so that a player could play with the basic Hookblade and Bomb Pouch, and that the Hidden Gun/Poison Blade/Crossbow etc. remained at the armory where it can be counted as obtained by the game.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-09-2011, 01:23 PM
As far as i know, there hasn't been any info released on dyeing. But even if you can dye the armor, im not going to because this armor and color match and look sexy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

worsecuve
10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Imagine how sick Ezios current revelations outfit would look in assassin white!

OOOOOOHHHHH EEEEEEMMMMMMMMM GEEEEE

Pistol_Chimp
10-09-2011, 03:13 PM
well ok then..guess we play the waiting game now

Azugo
10-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Any idea what this is all about?:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Pockololp/RevelationsAssassinWhite.jpg

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Pockololp/RevelationsAssassinWhite2.jpg

I took those shots from the ' End of an Era Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvsu4u2qzsY)' (look at about 1:21 - 1:25).

You can clearly see they're not Ezio's standard robes. Infact, they look more Scholar-like.

Possibly a pre-order item?

Animuses
10-09-2011, 11:40 PM
It's <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Altair</span>.

naran6142
10-09-2011, 11:43 PM
ya those are altair's robes that he wears when hes an old master assassin

Azugo
10-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Chronomancy
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Might wanna put a spoiler warning up now because of that photo.

eagleforlife1
10-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
It's not really a great money sink of sorts, and I'd rather that function be dependant on being able to buy bomb ingredients.

I'm not sure of this at all and I may be completely wrong. But from what I understand I don't think that you can buy bomb ingredients. You find them around Constantinople. Apparently if you want gunpowder you will only find them in an arsenal. Or if you want to make a posion bomb you will find poisonous mushrooms in the Basilica Cistern.

Serrachio
10-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I'm not sure of this at all and I may be completely wrong. But from what I understand I don't think that you can buy bomb ingredients. You find them around Constantinople. Apparently if you want gunpowder you will only find them in an arsenal. Or if you want to make a posion bomb you will find poisonous mushrooms in the Basilica Cistern. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am aware that you find ingredients, but if you use them all up then you are left with no way to make unique bombs.

If bomb ingredients became buyable however, it would be a better thing to spend Ezio's money on than repeated dyes, which would provide something against the giant cashflow that players seem to build up towards the end of the game.

playassassins1
10-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I'm not sure of this at all and I may be completely wrong. But from what I understand I don't think that you can buy bomb ingredients. You find them around Constantinople. Apparently if you want gunpowder you will only find them in an arsenal. Or if you want to make a posion bomb you will find poisonous mushrooms in the Basilica Cistern. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am aware that you find ingredients, but if you use them all up then you are left with no way to make unique bombs.

If bomb ingredients became buyable however, it would be a better thing to spend Ezio's money on than repeated dyes, which would provide something against the giant cashflow that players seem to build up towards the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i agree with that, cause i have like 2 million florins in AC 2 and ACB and i don't have anything to spend it on.

Jexx21
10-10-2011, 05:08 AM
are you sure you don't mean 200,000 florins?

I mean sure, I have a million and a few hundred thousand florins in ACB and almost a million in AC2, but I didn't get those just by playing the game through to the end doing every side mission. I got that by free-roaming around the world and making money while doing it.

playassassins1
10-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
are you sure you don't mean 200,000 florins?

I mean sure, I have a million and a few hundred thousand florins in ACB and almost a million in AC2, but I didn't get those just by playing the game through to the end doing every side mission. I got that by free-roaming around the world and making money while doing it.

In ACB i got alot of money because i renovated everything in Rome and did every sidequest and i get 80,000 florins from the bank per 20 minutes and thats it

SixKeys
10-10-2011, 05:28 AM
I'm replaying ACB right now and trying to achieve the second shrunken head I need for the armor shop quest, to receive the Seussenhofer pauldrons. I have tons of money because I keep having to invest in shops every 20 minutes in order to build up for the shrunken head.

playassassins1
10-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
I'm replaying ACB right now and trying to achieve the second shrunken head I need for the armor shop quest, to receive the Seussenhofer pauldrons. I have tons of money because I keep having to invest in shops every 20 minutes in order to build up for the shrunken head.

I haven't even completed that mission yet cause i cant find shrunken heads

SixKeys
10-10-2011, 05:41 AM
You get one from a treasure chest somewhere, I can't remember if it's random or if it's in one of the Romulus lairs. The other one I think you can only get by investing enough in shops.

LightRey
10-10-2011, 08:09 AM
You get one from a treasure chest somewhere, I can't remember if it's random or if it's in one of the Romulus lairs. The other one I think you can only get by investing enough in shops.
Both come from treasure chests. One from a treasure chest near the end of the Romulus lair in the palace that had this massive fire and the other is somewhere not too far north of the thieves guild if I'm not mistaken.

CRUDFACE
10-10-2011, 09:26 AM
they're shown vids with ezio in hardened leather and Metal armor. They haven't shown any dyes yet. they don't usually dye the original robes in trailers. But mine are so going white if I can

BAM! Shrunken Heads article (http://www.pubarticles.com/article-how-to-find-shrunken-heads-in-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-1290317892.html) Does that help at all?

playassassins1
10-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
they're shown vids with ezio in hardened leather and Metal armor. They haven't shown any dyes yet. they don't usually dye the original robes in trailers. But mine are so going white if I can

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

BAM! Shrunken Heads article (http://www.pubarticles.com/article-how-to-find-shrunken-heads-in-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-1290317892.html) Does that help at all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW thanks man!!! i found almost every ingredient but i never found Shrunken heads

SixKeys
10-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
BAM! Shrunken Heads article (http://www.pubarticles.com/article-how-to-find-shrunken-heads-in-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-1290317892.html) Does that help at all?

Thanks a lot! I haven't done the Sixth Day Romulus lair yet, now I know where to look. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif