PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood Multiplayer

DeafAtheist
06-17-2010, 08:13 AM
In the May issue of Gamepro there was an exclusive interview with Maxime Beland about the issues causing the 2 year delay of Splinter Cell: Conviction in that article there was a sidebar describing a multiplayer mode that was in the original build that got scrapped from the game. Here is an excerpt from that sidebar:

Originally the only multiplayer mode was a 2 player competitive stalking game that saw opponents hunting each other in crowded environments.

"It was an incredibly original concept. We really loved the idea, and the editorial team in Paris really believed in it, but we had some problems justifying it as part of the game. I was sad to have to kill it, because the stalking mode could provoke some very strong and very powerful emotions. It really made you feel a sense of anxiety and stress -things you're not used to experiencing in a video game. You were in the crowd and you couldn't tell who your opponent was and who was an AI bot. It was very challenging".

The piece went on to say that the concept was shelved with the intention of using it for a future project.

The reason I'm bringing this up in the Assassin's Creed forums is because based on what I see in this article (http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-multiplayer-kills-176825.phtml) it looks like they're using it for the multiplayer in Brotherhood.