PDA

View Full Version : Some new footage...

AdmiralPerry
10-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Found some new footage today on an Italian website. There's a new video that has a lot of what we've already seen, but also some new stuff, like Ezio taking out a Templar commander to gain control of a Den, some new Den Defense gameplay, and a very brief mention of working with our Assassin recruits. Scroll to the second video to see it.

Here's the link: Le Ultime Ore di Ezio (http://multiplayer.it/articoli/94238-assassins-creed-revelations-le-ultime-ore-di-ezio.html)

reini03
10-15-2011, 08:55 AM
The den stuff was new. Looks amazing. Thanks for that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

eagleforlife1
10-15-2011, 08:57 AM
This has already been posted on the has the embargo been lifted yet? thread.

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 08:57 AM
I think this has been posted before. I can't remember where or when I saw it. But it is good to see again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Artiphex
10-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I found a new one too, it's short but worth it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Du-R7s&feature=feedu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxUxDu-R7s&feature=feedu)

NewBlade200
10-15-2011, 11:08 AM
It makes the den defense thing look a little deeper than it initially appeared. I hate RTS games though.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't think I'll like the den defense. It looks like it takes you out of the actual AC experience.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I don't think I'll like the den defense. It looks like it takes you out of the actual AC experience.
If you don't want to do it, you can just send some recruits to do it for you, like the contracts in Brotherhood.

And really, nothing's wrong with adding a new type of gameplay to the experience.

I think it looks awesome, and it's not taking anything away from the rest of the game because it was developed by a separate Ubisoft studio.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't mean in terms of development, I mean when you are actually playing the game.

I don't know if I will like it or not, hopefully I will, but I don't think so.

Sarari
10-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
That's exactly how I feel. It's gonna be like that Halo strategy game they released a few years back. It sucks.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Yay.. people hate an entirely optional thing. Go you!

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:43 PM
It's called an opinion, people tend to have those.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't. I have facts. :P

(jokes)

xx-pyro
10-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

Assuming you are talking about Den Defense, it's not exactly optional...

Personally, I don't exactly like what I see, but I'm not going to say "wow it's horrible" without giving it it's fair chance. I don't like the concept nor do I find it innovative, and I'd have to do it because I don't want to lose every Assassin Den because I'm unwilling to play a minigame.

Animuses
10-15-2011, 12:46 PM
@Jexx
Only my opinions are facts! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
That's exactly how I feel. It's gonna be like that strategy game they released a few years back. It sucks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Halo Wars is one of the best console RTS's on the market. And this sin't going to be "Just like it", because it's a small part of the game included for no extra cost.

The Revelations mini-game isn't even an RTS.

It's Tower Defense. You set up your defenses, and react to how your enemy handles them. Like Plants vs Zombies.

It's suprisingly addicting.

But as I said, you can send recruits to do it and entirely ignore it.

I love the way that Ezio is like a general, and I love that you can directly attack the forces with your gun. So cool to have a strategy game where the puppeteer is visible and can directly interact.

It's also cool how he gives the orders out loud as well as pointing.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Personally, I don't exactly like what I see, but I'm not going to say "wow it's horrible" without giving it it's fair chance. I don't like the concept nor do I find it innovative, and I'd have to do it because I don't want to lose every Assassin Den because I'm unwilling to play a minigame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh.. it IS optional. You can choose not to do it, and then just take back the Den by attacking the Templar captain.

xx-pyro
10-15-2011, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Personally, I don't exactly like what I see, but I'm not going to say "wow it's horrible" without giving it it's fair chance. I don't like the concept nor do I find it innovative, and I'd have to do it because I don't want to lose every Assassin Den because I'm unwilling to play a minigame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh.. it IS optional. You can choose not to do it, and then just take back the Den by attacking the Templar captain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not optional unless you want to lose everything you've gained. It's basically forced unless you want to waste your time taking back Assassin Dens every time your notoriety reaches full, lol.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Uh.. it IS optional. You can choose not to do it, and then just take back the Den by attacking the Templar captain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as I've said a bajillion times, you can send assassins to do it like brotherhood contracts. So you really don't need to do the gameplay at all.

Moultonborough
10-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Look at the first seven seconds of this video, it's noting I have seen before. The rest is though. A tiny spoiler so if you don't want to see don't click. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...uyHo&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_jXj-JuyHo&feature=related)

reini03
10-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Look at the first seven seconds of this video, it's noting I have seen before. The rest is though. A tiny spoiler so if you don't want to see don't click. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...uyHo&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_jXj-JuyHo&feature=related)

Dang it, I was just about to post this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I hadn't seen the start and the end yet. I can't remember having seen the part where Yusuf tells Ezio to climb that tower.

EzioAssassin51
10-16-2011, 04:55 AM
it's not really a spoiler, we've been told the Byzatines and the other type of guards (i forgot the name of the guards) will fight each other when faced up against each other.

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 05:49 AM
*Possible Spoiler*
Just a scene with Ezio talking with another assassin, but if you don't want to see don't click.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...xs6s&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_6ONWIxs6s&feature=related)

dewgel
10-16-2011, 06:24 AM
[edit: link removed]

Here's some more new footage. Don't know if it's leaked or not, so I'm not assuming responsibility if it is. I'm simply sharing a video I've just found which is new footage.

If it is leaked, mods are welcome to modify post and remove the link.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:

Here's some more new footage. Don't know if it's leaked or not, so I'm not assuming responsibility if it is. I'm simply sharing a video I've just found which is new footage.

Sweet vid. taking over parts of the city seems not to have changed much. I do like that you now have to use Eagle Sense to spot the captain.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

Sweet vid. taking over parts of the city seems not to have changed much. I do like that you now have to use Eagle Sense to spot the captain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you see the Hookblade climbing at the end aswell? That looks damn fun.

BTW... at 0:36 in that vid I posted, what is that red thing on the wall near the captain?

It's not a 16 glyph is it?

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

Sweet vid. taking over parts of the city seems not to have changed much. I do like that you now have to use Eagle Sense to spot the captain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it does make it that much better, but you would know the captain is the one wearing the cape each time.

taz838838
10-16-2011, 06:52 AM

I agree Eagle Sense is pretty well used in this video, thanks for sharing!

LightRey
10-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
[edit: link removed]Here's some more new footage. Don't know if it's leaked or not, so I'm not assuming responsibility if it is. I'm simply sharing a video I've just found which is new footage.

Yeah it does make it that much better, but you would know the captain is the one wearing the cape each time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but at least you can't see where he is from 3 blocks away through the buildings until you've spotted him with eagle sense this time around.

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Yeah it does make it that much better, but you would know the captain is the one wearing the cape each time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but at least you can't see where he is from 3 blocks away through the buildings until you've spotted him with eagle sense this time around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah definetly agree with that. Will be interesting to see how far they go with the Eagle Sense in missions.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Yeah definetly agree with that. Will be interesting to see how far they go with the Eagle Sense in missions.
Yeah, I hope it'll get more practical uses than Eagle Vision did. I rarely use it for other purposes than spotting targets or finding clues during missions.

sp33dd34m0n
10-16-2011, 07:03 AM

BTW... at 0:36 in that vid I posted, what is that red thing on the wall near the captain?

It's not a 16 glyph is it?

I dont think so. Since we can talk to 16 in the Animus directly there would be no need to crypt messages for desmond. Maybe its one of those boxes to create bombs?

LightRey
10-16-2011, 07:07 AM

It's not a 16 glyph is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually it looks to be a guard behind the wall. It appears to be a small station of some sort, there's actually an opening, but it's hard to see, because of the low quality of the video.

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 07:09 AM

Actually it looks to be a guard behind the wall. It appears to be a small station of some sort, there's actually an opening, but it's hard to see, because of the low quality of the video.

I think it's a bomb crafting station.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Guys,

link's to the unreleased footage have been removed - I know your all hungry for game play - but certain aspects of the game are yet to be officially announced and explained.

Artiphex
10-16-2011, 07:11 AM

It's not a 16 glyph is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO the climbing looks unrealistic now, way too fast.

Animuses
10-16-2011, 07:14 AM
He's Ezio Auditore da Firenze, he's capable of anything!

LightRey
10-16-2011, 07:14 AM
I think it's a bomb crafting station.
Hmmm, maybe. However, last time I saw a bomb crafting station it was shimmering like regular interactive objects in the games. It could be that that isn't the case with this one because it's withing Templar occupied territory, but that still leaves the fact that only a small part of it is then shimmering red with Eagle Sense on, not the entire thing.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Guys,

link's to the unreleased footage have been removed - I know your all hungry for game play - but certain aspects of the game are yet to be officially announced and explained.

No worries.

Btw, we are hungry. Starving. You can feed us all you want, we'll still be hungry until Nov 15th :P

rileypoole1234
10-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I love the fact that Ezio yells out like he's commanding his troops during the den defense. I also love that the guards will fight each other.

ShaneO7K
10-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Just wondering, if I lead Byzantines during a chase into Ottoman territory will they get ambushed by guards or will the ottomans join in the chase as well?

It's definetly something I would love to try out.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Just wondering, if I lead Byzantines during a chase into Ottoman territory will they get ambushed by guards or will the ottomans join in the chase as well?

I think both'll try to fight you and each other, like with Savonarola's men and the Pope's men in ACII and the Cento Occhi and the guards in ACB.

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 07:46 AM

Thats a pretty crazy idea, I doubt that the Ottomans and the Byzantines will both gang up on you, but if they do, it could lead to some pretty interesting (and potentially epic) moments in the game. The System with the Byzantine and Ottoman guards with respect to each other and Ezio is a great addition IMO.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 07:58 AM
I think if there are Byzantine Guards chasing you and you run by some Ottoman ones, they'll attack each other.

However, if you are running from Ottoman Guards and run pass Byzantine ones, they'll both attack you and possibly each other.

I myself will be planning to just knock out Ottoman guards and kill the Byzantine ones. Just like how the next time I play AC2 I'll just knock out the city guards or run away from them, and kill the Borgia guards. (Borgia guards are always the guards in red)

However in AC1 I kill all guards. Since they abuse innocent civilians! rawr.

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 08:01 AM
I think if there are Byzantine Guards chasing you and you run by some Ottoman ones, they'll attack.

However, if you are running from Ottoman Guards and run pass Byzantine ones, they'll both attack you and possibly each other.

I myself will be planning to just knock out Ottoman guards and kill the Byzantine ones. Just like how the next time I play AC2 I'll just knock out the city guards or run away from them, and kill the Borgia guards. (Borgia guards are always the guards in red)

However in AC1 I kill all guards. Since they abuse innocent civilians! rawr.

A "true" avenger of Justice! Just kidding, that's a plausible solution to the Byzantine/Ottoman thing. The game play mechanics are looking good and hopefully Ubisoft shows that it can pull of a Yearly AC without a problem (not that Brotherhood was a problem, a stellar game.)

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 08:07 AM
I honestly have no problems killing the guards in red even after you beat Brotherhood because they are still technically supposed to be under the control of the Pope. Since when your free-roaming you are actually just in a perpetual state of time before Ezio left Roma in 1503.

Phenom13117
10-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Another new interview from NYCC 2011 (Comic Con), nothing new really.. Maybe they should reveal some more features at such events ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4dI8LuabR0

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 09:03 AM
For someone who works on Assassin's Creed, she sure is bad at explaining it. But that's understandable due to the fact that she was probably nervous about it. It looks like it was her first time being interviewed for the game.

Still, no new info D:

EscoBlades
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Amy Brady is a FragDoll, not a member of the dev team. So that's why http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Amy Brady is a FragDoll, not a member of the dev team. So that's why http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ah. That clears that up.

and what's a FragDoll? >.<

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 09:53 AM
?SPOILER?

"We want to preserve as much secret as possible about the events that will involve Desmond. We know from the previous chapter, which is trapped by the Animus accessed by the individual memories of Ezio, in a state of coma. But so will have to rework his own memories and for these sessions we have developed a particularly innovative gameplay, but for which we do not yet speak, not to spoil the surprise. What I can say is that they will remember the times when his own past, will occupy between 45 minutes and an hour in total."

Does this mean that each one of Desmond's memories will be 45 minutes to an hour in length?? I would like a confirmation...