PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I missed it, a 6DOF question......

Coffee999
12-08-2004, 06:40 AM
Is there an advantage to getting the expansion package 6DOF to play PF. I have the 3pro version, but pretty much play only PF. So is it worth getting?

Coffee999
12-08-2004, 06:40 AM
Is there an advantage to getting the expansion package 6DOF to play PF. I have the 3pro version, but pretty much play only PF. So is it worth getting?

Tully__
12-08-2004, 06:43 AM
You wont get the full 6DOF range of motion, but you will be able to change your position in front of your PC without having to recentre your TIR.

Coffee999
12-08-2004, 06:45 AM
But I usually don't have to re-center anyway. It's very stable that way on my system.

So the advantages beyond that would be what?
What range of motion would I get beyond the x and y axis I have now?

Thanks

Tully__
12-08-2004, 07:42 AM
As it's currently implemented in PF, none, just the extra comfort of not having to have your head in a very small area to get centered view. With the "True Vector" software and the clip it knows you're looking straight ahead even when your head is way off centre.

Coffee999
12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks Tully__
So there is no reason to buy it. I was looking hard for a reason cause I lovce flight sims and all the new tech coming around. Looks like I will have to wait. :-(

BPLIzard
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, hold off your purchase. Maybe by the time PF supports the new vector the price will be marked down

oqvist
12-08-2004, 10:25 PM
There may be limited support as well. Ability to zoom but not the other levels of freedom for example. But I would hold off and here what other think before buying it for PF.

BuzzU
12-08-2004, 10:44 PM
This was part of an e-mail they sent me.

"Vector works with any TrackIR Enhanced title. Some titles support full 6DOF, while others (like IL-2 Pacific Fighters) that only support 2DOF still see tremendous benefit from the improved tracking! This is because Vector makes the TrackIR Even Better! With the Vector Expansion the system can now tell the difference between rotating or translating, so it is possible to move around in your chair without interfering with your view control. There is a great review of this, and many other, aspects of Vector Expansion available now at : "

tracker45
12-08-2004, 11:01 PM
I have my Trackir3pro working pretty good now , as well.
Spending the extra money with no other benefits than having it centered a bit better just doesn't make sense for me.

Sounds great though. Maybe I'll wait and see if Pacific Fighters comes through with even limited 6DOF support,,, or maybe dust off the Cfs3 discs and give it another try.
After all,, I originally parked the Cfs3 planes because it didn't have Trackir support.

Can't believe Oleg won't allow some kind of 6DOF support. Even after BoB is released,, the Il-2 series won't disappear. It will be around for a long time. (hopefully with "ALL" the Trackir goodies)

BuzzU
12-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Did you read my post? It says better tracking.