PDA

View Full Version : question for MS FFB2 stick users

uglyohyeah
09-08-2005, 05:39 AM
the day I've dreaded has finally arrived. My MS FFB2 stick has started to behave strangely. None of the top buttons/triggers (1 to 4) seem to be working when the stick is centered, but they work when the stick is moved a small amount off centre.

Has anyone experienced this behavior, or better still have a fix? I'm seeing this in the windows so it's not an FB specific problem. It only seemed to happen after I replaced a DVD drive on my PC, which entailed removing all the USD connections but I've tried swapping the stick connector around, reinstalling the drivers etc and it hasn't fixed anything.

All help gratefully accepted.

cheers

Bearcat99
09-08-2005, 06:07 AM
You probably have a frayed wire somewhere...

Steven190
09-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Have you removed and installed the MS joystick drivers and program?

Mine was erractic in FB and I did the reinstall. Also the USB should be plugged into the main USB ports on the mobo directly.

Unforunatly I am affraid the we will start seeing more problems with our belove MS FFB2 sticks.

Let us know how you make out.

TooCooL34
09-08-2005, 07:24 AM
So I bought spare MSFFB2.
Happy these two are working perfect until now.
Spare stick is still in the box! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Steven190
09-08-2005, 02:24 PM
I found a second one too, after they discountinued them at Best Buys for $60 usd.

It has worked fine, except for this last issue. It has been working very well since. The only problem I have is I will lose the force feedback if I minimise the game and then get back into it. Or when we fly a squdron event and we have to start over, but not leave the game, I will lose the force feedback. If I disconnect from the game that is up and re-enter I get the force feedback back working.
A small price to pay for such a good stick. I hope I get many more year out of them.

MOH_MADMAN
09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
im alil bit ashamed at how many ms ffb stick are stashed in my closet. can never have enough of em i think.
nope not a one is for sale either..

papotex
09-08-2005, 06:25 PM
the problem with the "lossing the ffb after minimazing etc its a game problem me thinks because every one has had that problem even with new joystick.

ive been using my ff2 for what..over 3 years and still working beautifully, i have played the hell out of it trough 3 computers and many many ffb games, be car racing flight sims or space sims. i always knew how much of a precious thing i have so I always treated it like a baby.

i just bought me a laptop so i could so some gaming in other places ..ah almost forgot.. and for work. so i bought me a second
small stick:Logitechâ® Extremeâ"ž¢ 3D Pro wich it turns out to be a very nice little stick and cheap 30 dollars.

i dread the day when my FF2 starts to give in
so im gona use the logitec one now for everything and leave the FF2 for special ocasions only..like for example, when the new patch comes out.

sory about the babling...its just that i know how you feel body...ill cry with you

T_O_A_D
09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
If its a dogfight server, just respawn a new plane. If you find the one your in has no FFB. In a coop well then oops sorry about your luck.
Also you will find some times you loose it before you spawned your first plane. Odds are you decided to talk on Teamspeak while the game was loading up. That can also lock your mouse up aswell.

Originally posted by Steven190:
I found a second one too, after they discountinued them at Best Buys for $60 usd.

It has worked fine, except for this last issue. It has been working very well since. The only problem I have is I will lose the force feedback if I minimise the game and then get back into it. Or when we fly a squdron event and we have to start over, but not leave the game, I will lose the force feedback. If I disconnect from the game that is up and re-enter I get the force feedback back working.
A small price to pay for such a good stick. I hope I get many more year out of them.

PFS_BlackBird
09-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Might check the wires inside the stick itself. Only 5 screws and it's open.

My rudder twist was malfunctioning a year ago. One of the wires is kind off broken. I just repositioned the wires a bit and it's working fine again.

It's risky business though, if you brake something you're further away from home. No replacements or warranty anymore.

BB

Thrawn888
09-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I also have a MSFFB2 and that alt+tab loss of FFB is most irritating, so i close anything that could allow it, as for sometimes not having feedback when not alt+tabbed, i found a simple way to remidy that as it has occured to me, it may be stupid, but everytime im on a DF server i spawn once start the engine, then hit refly just to be sure no random failures after that, maybe that will help u other MS FFB2 users http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

uglyohyeah
09-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Doh...problem spotted, I knew the USB plug had to be connected to a socket on the motherboard, but I mixed up the USB plugs for my stick and my MS mouse which has a similar cable. Only noticed it as I was trying to untangle the stick lead from the spagetti so I could start dismantling it.

Thanks for your support over this dark time! All is well with the world again.

96th_Nightshifter
09-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Love this stick, had it for about 5 years at least, have played it through CFS, CFS2 and now the IL2 series. Need to get a spare - BTW it still works as good as the day I got it, 5 YEARS AGO!!!!.............quality.