PDA

View Full Version : Speed issues (not a flame or a whine)

NekoReaperman
12-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Hello, just got my father into this game, and i have been flying some COOP LAN games, he enjoys it quite a bit, with one minor issue.

When me and him fly, both of us at the same altitude, aircraft and throttle (all the way up) i sometimes outpace him completely, me and the AI planes just speed ahead and he is left behind.

He is all the way up, i told him how to trim the airplane, and he still gets this problem.

Any suggestions?

Also, can you link me to a few cool coop missions? (dont just link me to the coop section of a website, just tell me if there are any you guys like)

VW-IceFire
12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Probably its a combination of a few things.

1) He is probably trying to climb to catch upto you thus reducing his top speed thus dropping him below (probably) his best climb speed thus making you faster.

2) He may be selecting 100% fuel and thats making it harder if you have say 75% or 50% fuel.

3) Trim is a tricky thing and needs to be done constantly on some fighters.

Alot of new pilots commit number 1. I did...till I figured it out and asked some questions. Keep the nose low, keep your speed, and then climb at a good climb speed for your plane (usually between 250-400 depending on the type).

Thunder_96thCAF
12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Before I got my new x52 my old x45 would change the prop pitch on me, and I know that if oyur not at the right prop pitch as the guy in front of you , there might be alot of speed loss.

Also, is there a wep that you dont know about? lol

Just some thoughts, to get you thinking, sometimes i forget simple stuff.

Fuel load? armerment?