PDA

View Full Version : IL2-1946 Jets.

FE_pilot
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Its been 2 months since i had IL2-1946, Right now i have currently joined a Online Squadron(3.JG51) and i am learning how to fly the Jets in IL-2 46. My problem is that every time i move the throttle forward the engines burst into flames(Why?)

If anybody has any tips on what the best Jet to start out is and one without the touchy throttle please.

I try to fly in QMB with the Me-262 against B-17's but before i have a chance to get within range i keep getting a Overheat engine message. I ma forced to reduce the throttle and once that happens i am a sitting duck for the gunners in the B-17's.

Somebody please you got to help me, I think that the jets are the best part of this Sim but i am not able to fly them properly.

MrMojok
03-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I know on the 262 your engines are very sensitive to throttle inputs. You must advance the throttle very slowly and carefully or they will catch on fire.

I just stand on the brakes while I advance the throttle up... takes a bit of time, you have to be patient. The nose will wander around a bit too and you have to get it lined up right down the middle of the runway before you roll, so use your rudder for that.

Keep standing on the brakes until throttle is about 80%, that should be enough to get you airborne.

Once airborne I tend to take the throttle up to 92%-93% and leave it there. I won't go much above that unless it's an emergency. And don't do any maneuvers that bleed off my energy. If you fly it like that you should be plenty fast enough.

Zeus-cat
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I haven't played with the new jets much, but I haven't had problems with teh engines bursting into flames. The Me-262 on the other hand is a different story. She has always been a tempermental little girl and will burst into flames anytime you move the throttles up or down quickly. Nice and slow is teh rule with her.

The 262 should always be used as a boom and zoom aircraft where the gunners have little time to shoot at you. Get above the bombers and dive at them at high speed and give them a quick burst as you go by. If you are sitting behind them and trying to shoot at them from their 6 o'clock you deserve to die in my opinion.

MrMojok
03-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I think you can get away with an attack from 6 o'clock provided that you do the roller-coaster type approach the 262 pilots used a lot in WWII. Approach from behind the bombers, but higher. Zoom down and then slightly back up as you approach the range where you can shoot. Don't overdo it and bleed off too much airspeed.

But in general it's safer to make slashing attacks from the sides and above.

Also don't fly all the way through their box-- pick a B17 on the edge and shoot him, then zoom on away.