PDA

View Full Version : OT- Online Gaming.

Maverick_U2007
10-10-2008, 03:38 AM
For those that like playing SH3 and SH4 online here is a 'snippet' to bring you up to date with three 'online' flotillas.

Wolvesdenflotilla (http://wolvesdenflotilla.com)
8th Flotilla (http://8thflotilla.com/Index.html)
Subron 8

Have all made a decision to merge for online play. Each will retain it's independent websites but all will use the same teamspeak settings when playing online. Each has their own style of play and the use of the same TS settings will allow the various members to experience the varying styles of play.

Wolvesden Flotilla plays 1 hr maps and the object is to accumulate the most tonnage which is then recorded, placed in to a league table and medals awarded at the end of each 3 months quarter. They play mainly SH3 but some SH4.

8TH Flotilla plays a longer SH3 game focusing more on strategy in SH3

Subron 8 (part of 8th Flotilla) plays SH4 in both styles.

Anybody interested in playing online with either of these groups is welcome to check out these websites. Single player is OK but to fight as a 'wolfpack' in SH3 is worth looking into.

Maverick

Realjambo
10-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the update Maverick!

As I have said to you, one day I will come and have a bash - time is my biggest enemy presently!

Good luck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

FBXL5
10-20-2008, 06:08 AM
I have been trying to get onto the online SH3 game for years, after I make an account, it always brings up an error. ????? what do I need to do. I have completed the game twice,need to do online.
cheers
Martin

Maverick_U2007
10-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by FBXL5:
I have been trying to get onto the online SH3 game for years, after I make an account, it always brings up an error. ????? what do I need to do. I have completed the game twice,need to do online.
cheers
Martin

Welcome to the Forum.

It would be a lot easier if we could speak to you direct....if you go to Wolvesdenflotilla.com, register and get the teamspeak settings you can then speak to us online...presuming you have a mic. Then once we have got you up and running if you dont want to stay I will delete your Wolves Den account for you. If not....

Load up the game and go to multiplayer.
Online game Ubi.
You should then use the details that you use to log onto this site as your user name and password.

Press enter and see if lets you enter the lobby of servers.

If no teamspeak/mic or a problem logging on post again and I will arrange to meet here to try and help you get it sorted

Maverick

FBXL5
10-21-2008, 01:41 AM
Many thanks, will have a go at thisusername and password. I have been trying to create username via the SH3 multu screen, never works. I'll let you know.

FBXL5
10-21-2008, 04:46 AM
That worked ! Thank you.
How do I speak to other members of the wolfpack while on a mission? Assuming there is a way.

Martin

Maverick_U2007
10-21-2008, 05:26 AM
In the game you can press 'Num Lock' and this will put up a cursor and you can type you message.

To go one further if you have a headset and Mic you can use 'Teamspeak' and chat person to person whilst playing the game.

If you want to have a go check out Wolvesden (http://wolvesdenflotilla.com)
and if you sign up you can get all the teamspeak settings and join the online games. Of an evening there are normally at least 5 players online and we have our own maps.

If not just go to the Ubi Lobby and join a game and enjoy the hunt.

Maverick

FBXL5
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
I was looking at the Wolvesden site, it mentions that if you are an occasional player, go someplace else. I dont play that often, full timejob, other commitments etc etc. On at the moment due to a busted knee, cant do much else. The games on the Ubisoft site are crap, sub v sub which is stupid, and the same convoy attack all the time. only one or two games ever on.Wait for ages for something. Suppose they are all on SH4 now...
Martin

Maverick_U2007
10-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Take absolutely no notice of that...I am the XO at Wolvesdenflotilla, I update the website and forum and YOU are welcome. The fact that you work will NOT be held against you....if you can play once a week that is fine by me. Some members don't come in a for a month at a time....

You are right about the Sub v Sub etc...Come back and have a go...sign up and come and play with the 'lads'...we have joined with the 8th Flotilla and Subron 8 so we have plenty of players to play against.

The correct order of priorities is as follows...

Family, work, other commitments...Online Gaming!!!!

See you soon.

By the way we mostly play SH3 as it is as the AI is more difficult..also SH4 for those that want it.

Maverick