PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ubisoft: Assassinations

Conniving_Eagle
06-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Okay Ubisoft, if you have the decency to change one thing, please change the assassinations and make them go back to the way they were in AC2 and AC1. The difference between Brotherhood and the previous titles is in the previous titles whenever you were about to assassinate someone with the hidden blade there would be this very distinctive sound of the blade shooting out. Also, when you performed an air assassination, there would be a vibration just you and your target landed on the ground, simulating what would be a 'thud' in real life. These things made assassinating people just feel... right. It felt smooth and natural. I think there should be a vibration when the blade makes contact with the target for every assassinations animation(if there isn't already) Another problem with ACB was that the assassinations weren't programmed correctly. Half of them that you can perform Ezio's hand glitches into the guards body, so please makesure that doesn't happen for Revelations. One last thing, new assassination animation are always nice. For the past three games, we've been stuck with the air assassination, the jaw assassination, the neck assassination, and the charging assassination. I think it's hightime we come up with a few more. I understand that they're designed for the scenario in which you press X/square to kill the target, but you could make it random. So if I'm standing still in front of a guard, instead of just always performing the assassination when I stab him in the jaw, maybe sometimes I'll stab him in the throat, or repeatedly stab him in the chest/stomach. Just saying, variety is the spice of life.

Conniving_Eagle
06-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Okay Ubisoft, if you have the decency to change one thing, please change the assassinations and make them go back to the way they were in AC2 and AC1. The difference between Brotherhood and the previous titles is in the previous titles whenever you were about to assassinate someone with the hidden blade there would be this very distinctive sound of the blade shooting out. Also, when you performed an air assassination, there would be a vibration just you and your target landed on the ground, simulating what would be a 'thud' in real life. These things made assassinating people just feel... right. It felt smooth and natural. I think there should be a vibration when the blade makes contact with the target for every assassinations animation(if there isn't already) Another problem with ACB was that the assassinations weren't programmed correctly. Half of them that you can perform Ezio's hand glitches into the guards body, so please makesure that doesn't happen for Revelations. One last thing, new assassination animation are always nice. For the past three games, we've been stuck with the air assassination, the jaw assassination, the neck assassination, and the charging assassination. I think it's hightime we come up with a few more. I understand that they're designed for the scenario in which you press X/square to kill the target, but you could make it random. So if I'm standing still in front of a guard, instead of just always performing the assassination when I stab him in the jaw, maybe sometimes I'll stab him in the throat, or repeatedly stab him in the chest/stomach. Just saying, variety is the spice of life.

masterfenix2009
06-28-2011, 01:15 AM
nothing i disagree with

Azugo
06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
It all sounds good to me.

One thing though - proper use of paragraphs. It would make it alot easier to read.

cless711
06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I have mixed feelings about the assassination sound. I like it the way they did it in AC2 cause when you do a silent kill you don't hear it but when you do a high profile kill it happens. AC:B it was okay since i didn't mind if it was gone.

SleezeRocker
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah I miss hearing the *Shank* sound when I shanked someone. Also I miss the Neck Assassinations, I personally don't like the backstabbing (no pun intended lol)

Calvarok
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
That sound made no sense, and I feel like the sound effects and vibration in Brotherhood were more realistic. Clipping happens less in Brotherhood than it did in either AC or AC2.

Conniving_Eagle
06-28-2011, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
That sound made no sense, and I feel like the sound effects and vibration in Brotherhood were more realistic. Clipping happens less in Brotherhood than it did in either AC or AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree. How recently have you played AC2 and ACB? I played them one after the other last week(now I'm doing it again in Italian), and it occurs alot more in Brotherhood. Just compare the air assassination and the hidden blade to the back of the neck assassination. AC2 just felt like you were killing a real person.

Oh, and @cless711, my bad, I meant that the shanking sound should only apply for the high-profile assassinations.

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Hmmm, Also, ezio never grathered information for his targets like altair did, instead he always trusted anything his friends (that he never knew them but he trusts them) told him.

cless711
06-28-2011, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
That sound made no sense, and I feel like the sound effects and vibration in Brotherhood were more realistic. Clipping happens less in Brotherhood than it did in either AC or AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree. How recently have you played AC2 and ACB? I played them one after the other last week(now I'm doing it again in Italian), and it occurs alot more in Brotherhood. Just compare the air assassination and the hidden blade to the back of the neck assassination. AC2 just felt like you were killing a real person.

Oh, and @cless711, my bad, I meant that the shanking sound should only apply for the high-profile assassinations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh okay then :P

Calvarok
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Lol, AC2 was not in any way shape or form more realistic in feel than Brotherhood. I'm going to tell you that right now. I've played hundreds of hours of AC2, I'm attentive to every flaw it had. I can tell you for sure that Brotherhood clips less than it in both of the animations you're talking about.

Revelations will most likely have new assassination animations, since you've got the hookblade on one arm, but I don't really think you guys are even counting the hidden blade execution moves. They added about 10 new animations for hidden blade executions, and they're all BA, and have sound effects that actually sound like the metal of the guard's armor is being punctured.

The "shwing" sound made no sense because it never happened when you just normally unsheathed your blade, so it always annoyed me. Didn't even notice it was gone though.

AND THERE ARE STILL NECK ASSASSINATIONS. Anyone who is under the impression that animations have been REMOVED from AC:B should get their eyes checked. It's all there, along with hundreds more.

Calvarok
06-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Just tested for the "SHWING" noise, and found that it only happens on double air assassinates. Kinda makes sense, since a double assassinate is more awesome than a normal one.

glenneey
06-29-2011, 04:07 AM
I dont know wether to take this topic serious or not...
come on...
poop sandwiches?...
How old are you???

dchil279
06-29-2011, 08:23 AM
You forgot to mention that there were 3 assassinations in total in ACB, and one of them you didn't even end up killing Micheletto. You et him him live so that he could keep on killing whoever Cesare wanted. Those two things were the biggest problems for me in ACB.

DavisP92
06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Yea something like the AC e3 gameplay trailer seen at :49. Also the took some things out from the original AC demo

Conniving_Eagle
07-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Just tested for the "SHWING" noise, and found that it only happens on double air assassinates. Kinda makes sense, since a double assassinate is more awesome than a normal one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what game you're talking about. AC2 had the 'SHWING' shanking sound whenever you performed a high-profile assassination. And as for the assassinations being less glitchy in ACB, the pole show us that most of us(including myself) are inclined to disagree with you.

eagleforlife1
07-02-2011, 01:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenneey:
I dont know wether to take this topic serious or not...
come on...
poop sandwiches?...
How old are you??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's his age got to do with anything?

Black_Widow9
07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Please post this in the Feedback thread.
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>