PDA

View Full Version : Hearing rear gunner shooting noises in single seat fighter?

mortoma
01-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Has this ever happened to anyone?? There have been a few odd instances of me suddenly starting to hear a rear gunner firing his gun even though I'm flying a single seat fighter and don't have a guy siting back there!!! It happens only in certain fighters but I can't remember which ones now. It does not happen very often either. Usually with me it happened after I had switched back to cockpit view from external in the heat of a dogfight.

mortoma
01-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Has this ever happened to anyone?? There have been a few odd instances of me suddenly starting to hear a rear gunner firing his gun even though I'm flying a single seat fighter and don't have a guy siting back there!!! It happens only in certain fighters but I can't remember which ones now. It does not happen very often either. Usually with me it happened after I had switched back to cockpit view from external in the heat of a dogfight.

triad773
01-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Mortoma that sounds like a strange one. Have to wonder is it just certain planes? I never noticed it, but now that you do I will keep an ear out for it.

Triad

Fox_3
01-21-2006, 10:17 AM
It could be a machine gun armed ground object. There used to be a sound bug with the sdkfz 251 halftrack.

You could hear them firing in your cockpit even if they were 100 miles away.

mortoma
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fox_3:
It could be a machine gun armed ground object. There used to be a sound bug with the sdkfz 251 halftrack.

You could hear them firing in your cockpit even if they were 100 miles away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope sorry, once I was flying high altitude and it was far from any enemy or friendly anti-aircraft batteries of any kind. Besides, the rear gunner sound is a very distinct sound of it's own not shared by any other thing in the game. All types of ground fire from stationary and mobiles guns sound very different. But thanks for the suggestion.

Try going into QMB and selecting a Me-110 and let some bandits get on your tail. You will see that there is no other sound in the game that is even remotely close.

ElAurens
01-21-2006, 03:30 PM
One of the other BlitzPigs can hear all external sound effects. flak, tanks, other planes, opponents engines, etc... when in the pit of anyaircraft. It is really bizzare, his sound setup, both in game and on his computer are quite normal.

Kocur_
01-21-2006, 05:02 PM
I sometimes hear a mg firing in my pit too. Comes nad goes.

carguy_
01-21-2006, 05:11 PM
That kept happening every ground pounding mission when I had low sound settings.Now if I ever hear anything other than my plane is engine of another flying ~200m away.

XyZspineZyX
01-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes happened quite regularly while flying biplanes with DCG, kept looking behind me for enemy.

Glad Im not going schitzophrenic (spellchecker)
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

major_setback
01-22-2006, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kocur_:
I sometimes hear a mg firing in my pit too. Comes nad goes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful with those 'nads!

major_setback
01-22-2006, 09:23 AM
The unpatched PF has very loud AA from ships. Patches should have fixes this though, as far as I know.

JuHa-
01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Happens sometimes, when staring the engine at airstrip, and when _online_. Haven't experienced
this offline ...yet.

Kocur_
01-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Ahh, Nads are terrible!

Btw.: I heard MK108 today as if I was firing one, even though I had none. So I guess prob is with aerial weapons not (limited to) AA.

vocatx
01-22-2006, 03:55 PM
....and I hear these voices.....

Seriously though, I think this is the famous (or infamous) sound bug.

tigertalon
01-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Besides light MG firing, here and there I can hear flaps operating, just like I am deploying them...

joeap
01-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Funny when I fly the "mountain" map of 1941 (not the regular one with all the planes available) I hear this MG going off all the time. Really annoying. Only place it happens too.

Xiolablu3
01-25-2006, 04:00 AM
I often get this sometimes.

It is a single AAA gun somewhere on the map, I found it once, and each time it fired I could hear it at full sound volume in my cockpit.

Freaky when it first happens, but dont worry about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KOM.Nausicaa
01-25-2006, 05:48 AM
I can confirm this. Hear somtimes a MG firing, and it sounds indeed as a plane on your 6. I heard this offline and online. I am also pretty sure that I did not hear it previous to patch 4.01 or 4.02. I am not saying the patches are responsible, just an observation.

Gawwad
01-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Almost always when I'm flying I hear that gunfire behind me and then I'm forred to press refly again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Max.Power
01-26-2006, 05:39 AM
I hear all kinds of sound effects from the cockpit intermittantly. Mostly they are aircraft armament sounds, though.

Somewhere, someone out there is juicing the mk 108s, I thought to myself.

Krt_Bong
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Yes, I get this in single and online games in the P-38 which is what I fly the most and occasionally other American Allied planes and have not found a way to change it no matter if I change drivers or settings.