PDA

View Full Version : 0xc000142 error pls help

sonofahb25
05-06-2007, 07:49 PM
ok i have owned this game for a couple of years now and had this error when i first installed the first time. well i didnt want t o hassle so i uninstalled and put ths title on the shelf. but now i would like to play and like back then when i install i get this error saying i have thewrong cd in and then this failed to initialize 0xc000142 or somethin like that. no i havent patched the gaem yet and which is the current? 4.04? how do you play online? i appreciate any help anyone has.

Fireball_
05-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Do you get that error when you're installing or did it install successfully and then you get the error when you try to start the game?

If the error is happening when you try to start the game, are you sure you have the right CD in the drive? If I remember right, it's CD #2 that has to be in the drive.

n8dawg6
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
i have the same problem. it occurs after the game has been installed, when you try to run it the first time. it occurs w/ CD #2, and cd #2 is the cd which is required to play. any help here would be appreciated, i can't run the game either (very frustrating)

Klemm.co
05-06-2007, 11:36 PM
If you guys have got Pacific Fighters or the IL-2 Gold-Pack, then you can replace the original rts.dll in your game folder with the one from UBI, which is freely available on their web-site, exactly for that problem of yours (yes mods, thats true!). Unfortunately i dont have the download-link at hand, but the rts.dll at ************* is the exact same one as the one from UBI. So if you know the site (and you should do) then you will have no problem finding it.
Hope that helped.

Klemm.co
05-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Argh! I said G AM e cop y world . c o m
Reminds me of the time when c um was filtered and you couldnt write document^^

Klemm.co
05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh, and i forgot: If you didnt get it, with that new dll you dont need your cd in the drive anymore. IIRC a lot of customers had problems like you and couldnt play the game and so the new dll was (officially) issued.

Klemm.co
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Found it! No need to go to that bad site that apparently is so bad that it has to be censored. Click this (ftp://ftp.ubi.com/de/support/Spiele/PacificFighters/rts.zip) link, download the file and replace the rts.dll in your game folder.
Hope it works.

sonofahb25
05-08-2007, 06:35 AM
hey guys thanks alot for all the replys. i replaced the dll file n the game folder and now it works thanks alot!!!!!

Klemm.co
05-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Great! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif