PDA

View Full Version : 4.05 d/l woes

sudave
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Greets all -

I just purchased the 4.05 online and when I open up boonty box the only message I get is it cannot connect to server..has anyone else gotten this message and is their a way to resolve it? appreciate any info on it..ty

VW-IceFire
08-16-2006, 05:23 PM
I haven't seen that...but if everything else works as it should then you may want to check and see if (provided that you have it) your firewall software is blocking Boonty. If so...unblock it.

MaxMhz
08-16-2006, 05:34 PM
I bet they will accept your money - that's something they're good at http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sudave
08-16-2006, 05:52 PM
well i tried turning off the firewall but no go..and yes they certainly did take my money max :-) any ideas on this? help!

warweapon2
08-16-2006, 05:55 PM
I HAD THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM.. Of course nobody helped me, so I will help you.

What i did to solve this connection issue was to install Boonty on a different PC (my laptop). I was then able to connect to the download server and get my PE-2 game. However, i had to burn it to a disk and install it on my gaming computer.

But i was able to do it. The only reason i can figure out why boonty box wasn't working is two things. First i believe some program was blocking or using an execution path of the program. Or the port that Boonty uses software to download is being used by another program. Either way, i was unable to determine what was interfering with Boonty, but I can assure Boonty better SOLVE the problem because it is pissing alot of people off.

sudave
08-16-2006, 06:04 PM
appreciate the reply back thx...ill go ahead and try to run boonty and download it from another pc and see what happens..thx again

ic.taylor
08-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Had the same problem but no other computer to run boonty on. Just uninstalled internet explorer 7 beta 3 and it is downloading fine finally. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

slappedsilly
08-23-2006, 10:43 AM
This is the reason I won't even bother. Hard enough to get things tweaked without dealing with these issues.

lucias76
09-03-2006, 03:15 AM
I had the exact same problem too - tried to download IL-2 (the complete pack) and kept getting the "could not connect to server" error message when trying to download via Boontybox.

I made sure every .exe file within the Boontybox folder was allowed full access within McAfee Firewall, but still no joy.

Then I noticed at the end of this FAQ someone had said to try un-installing IE 7 Beta 3. Did this, re-booted and sure enough, it worked.

Thanks to the dude who offered that solution to the problem!!

Lucas