PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the Storm of War: BoB

Penguinman-66
03-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi chaps,
I wonder if anyone knows what sort of Dynamic campaign(s) will be playable in said game. Will there be an option of playing the RAF's offensive over Northern France in 1941 after the battle of Britain? Also will the battle of France be a playable option (as French, British or German) as a prelude to the BoB? Or say the very brief air battles in Holland or Belgium, or even the invasion of Poland. With Dutch, Belgian or Polish career's being continued in the RAF. Likewise will the Canadian and Czechs get a mention?
I know that all of this would be a massive workload for the developement, but the thought of being able to fly a Dewoitine D.520, Bloch MB.151/152, Fokker D.XXI or Westland Whirlwind excites me when I go to bed at night (don't tell my girlfriend).

Hopefully all my dreams will come true,.........
They never do though!

heywooood
03-11-2007, 04:03 PM
go here (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=91&page=1) to keep tabs on it and discuss the BoB...

it is the SimHQ SoW:BoB board

Penguinman-66
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Is that the offical place to discuss it?

heywooood
03-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Not the official place - just another place to get information.

SoW: BoB does not yet have an official site...but probably will this summer, and if it isn't mentioned on this board first, then it will likely be on that one.

Penguinman-66
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Great, thanks for you help. I shall 'copy and paste' the message there......

heywooood
03-11-2007, 10:42 PM
well - you can also find info on SoW here - you will see threads with info on this board quite often...I just provided that link to show you where else to find discussions about it.

I think alot of people are interested in the same planes as you are in the initial SoW release - but it will be a franchise just like Il2 through '46 was - with many addons of planes and maps and campaigns etc.. over many years according to Oleg.

So if it isn't there at the initial release - it will likely come a little later.

I really would like to fly a Lysander myself.

Penguinman-66
03-11-2007, 11:02 PM
A Lysander aye? I hope your delivering someone of importance and you don't get bounced.
Several Lysander's are still in top museum condition, I believe one is still flying, although I could be very wrong.
Are you in the 'know' about the up coming game? I assumed it would be a franchise, but I thought that all add-ons would be after BoB in historical years. In different Threatres i.e. Greek, North African, Italian etc or in continuation through the American entrance (42/43 Campaigns and operation Overlord and beyond).