PDA

View Full Version : Crash Dive!

Admiral_Donuts
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it's made such a big difference for me on patrols, I thought I'd put it out front.

Some of you guys probably already know this but, if you order a crash dive while running on the surface and recharging batteries, you have to switch from recharge to standard propulsion manually, otherwise, you're only diving at half-flank speed. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Even though this is an emergency dive, the Chief will not switch over to standard propulsion automatically. </span>

I kept getting tagged by air patrols so often, I had to cut short patrols and return to dry dock. But once I started putting both shafts on the line during crash dives, I was able to get under sometimes with only light damage but mostly with no damage at all.

A RWR and/or a good bridge watch will also help in getting the jump on crash dives.

phyoomz
08-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks Admiral for sharing this tip. Are there any hot keys available that would make this change a quick one since time is of the essence when those birds are on you?

Admiral_Donuts
08-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by phyoomz:
Thanks Admiral for sharing this tip. Are there any hot keys available that would make this change a quick one since time is of the essence when those birds are on you?

Hit the C key on your keyboard, then switch propulsion modes manually.

kaylar4
08-03-2005, 05:42 AM
This is such a good tip that it should be in one of the faq's. Anyway, bump.

MobyGrape
08-03-2005, 10:39 AM
One thing that bothers me about crash dive order..Is it takes you to 70 meters..On the way down I can never Adjust the command and stop at say 40 meter or return to periscope debth..without first going down to 70 meters.

another thing..Blow Ballast..No sound file?
and its so slow compared to sh2..where you'd could go flank speed and rocket to surface hit periscope debth at around at 25 meters and Not break the surface..In sh3 you need to hit P debth earlier then it resumes a slow ascent or if a tad late breaks surface.